Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 10:32:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286869 Posts in 27569 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A Worthy Quote
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 129 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Worthy Quote  (Read 222686 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 23, 2006, 11:24:45 AM »

"It is hoped that by God's assistance, some of the continents in the Ocean will be discovered....for the Glory of God."

Christopher Columbus

"My hope in the One who created us all sustains me; He is an ever present help in trouble...When I was extremely depressed, He raised me with His right hand, saying,`O man of little faith, get up, it is I; do not be afraid."

Christopher Columbus

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 24, 2006, 08:09:31 AM »

Ps 33:12 ¶ Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance

God is searching for men who are unique, thoroughly saved, and filled to running over with His spirit.  God and the world need men who will stand in the gap....  --Frank Carlson

God answers prayer in the best way, not sometimes, but every time, although the immediate manifestation of the answer in the domain in which we want it may not always follow. --Oswald Chambers

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 25, 2006, 05:32:24 PM »

The ACLU and the courts are “basically cleansing America of religion and particularly Christianity. It’s almost like a genocide.”

-- Richard Thompson, president of the Michigan-based Thomas More Law Center

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 26, 2006, 01:49:54 AM »

Ro 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
 Ro 14:8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

I have now concentrated all my prayers into one, and that one prayer is this, that I may die to self, and live wholly to him. -Spurgeon

Be dogmatically true, obstinately holy, immovably honest, desperately kind, fixedly upright. -Spurgeon

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: April 26, 2006, 02:12:55 AM »

"The ACLU has stood foursquare against the recurring tides of hysteria that from time to time threaten freedoms everywhere..." - Chief Justice Earl Warren

"The American Civil Liberties Union is closely affiliated with the communist movement in the United States, and fully 90 percent of its efforts are on behalf of communists who have come into conflict with the law. It claims to stand for free speech, free press, and free assembly; but it is quite apparent that the main function of the ACLU is to attempt to protect the communists in their advocacy of force and violence to overthrow the government, replacing the American flag by a red flag and erecting a Soviet government in place of the republican form of government guaranteed to each state by the federal Constitution... Since its beginnings, the ACLU has waged war against Christianity..."  - the Special House Committee to Investigate Communist Activities, 1931

"Finally, the ACLU -- we talked about this yesterday and I -- and, you know, I have to pick on the ACLU because they're the most dangerous organization in the United States of America right now. There's by far. There's nobody even close to that. They're, like, second next to Al Qaeda." - Bill O'Reilly on 2 June 2004

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: April 27, 2006, 12:38:19 AM »

The Anti Christian Lawless Union (ACLU)  reminds me of the Nazi leadership from WW2. - DreamWeaver aka. Bob
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 01:03:39 AM by DreamWeaver » Logged

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 27, 2006, 02:24:36 AM »

If this country had more respect for divine guidance it might have less need for guided missiles. --Chilton

Father, in the Name of Jesus, I ask that You uproot all evil persons and organizations that rise up against You and Your people. Father that this country, the United States of America, will continue to choose You as the Leader of our country. That Your Name be glorified, from coast to coast. Amen.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: April 27, 2006, 02:34:28 AM »

Day and night I pray for the restoration of peace in this mad world of ours. It is not necessary that I, the President ask the American people to pray in behalf of such a cause--for I know you are praying with me. I am certain that out of the hearts of every man, woman and child in this land, in every waking minute, a supplication goes up to Almighty God; that all of us beg that suffering and starving, that death and destruction may end -- and that peace may return to the world. - Franklin D. Roosevelt, May 26, 1940

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: April 28, 2006, 02:21:15 PM »

The Bible is not an end in itself, but a means to bring men to an intimate and satisfying knowledge of God, that they may enter into Him, that they may delight in His Presence, may taste and know the inner sweetness of the very God Himself in the core and center of their hearts. - A.W. Tozer

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 30, 2006, 06:45:07 PM »

God’s Book is packed full of overwhelming riches; they are unsearchable—the more we have the more there is to have.

Oswald Chambers (1874–1917)

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 30, 2006, 08:14:48 PM »

One controlling, guiding, unifying mind must have been operative through all the weary ages to produce out of such composite elements a result so wonderfully unique, uplifting, and unfathomable as the Bible; and that mind in the nature of things could not have been human.

William Gladstone (1809–1898)

I am sorry for men who do not read the Bible every day. I wonder why they deprive themselves of the strength and the pleasure.

Woodrow Wilson (1856–1924)

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: April 30, 2006, 10:35:34 PM »

Hearts that are "fit to break" with love for the Godhead are those who have been in the Presence and have looked with opened eye upon the majesty of Deity. Men of the breaking hearts had a quality about them not known to or understood by common men. They habitually spoke with spiritual authority. They had been in the Presence of God and they reported what they saw there. They were prophets, not scribes: for the scribe tells us what he has read, and the prophet tells us what he has seen. The distinction is not an imaginary one. Between the scribe who has read and the prophet who has seen, there is a difference as wide as the sea. We are today overrun with orthodox scribes; but the prophets, where are they? The hard voice of the scribe sounds over evangelicalism, but the Church waits for the tender voice of the saint who has penetrated the veil and has gazed with inward eye upon the Wonder that is God.  - A.W. Tozer

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: April 30, 2006, 10:37:41 PM »

Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!  - Patrick Henry

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 02, 2006, 03:38:17 PM »

A single line in the Bible has consoled me more than all the books I have ever read.

Immanuel Kant (1724–1804)

One of the many divine qualities of the Bible is this: that it does not yield its secrets to the irreverent and censorious.

J. I. Packer

However powerful and learned he may be, the Bible always sets man face to face with God, reminding him thus of his frailty and his weakness.

Paul Tournier (1898–1986)

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: May 02, 2006, 04:37:28 PM »

Such being the impressions under which I have, in obedience to the public summons, repaired to the present station, it would be peculiarly improper to omit in this first official act my fervent supplications to that Almighty Being who rules over the universe, who presides in the councils of nations, and whose providential aids can supply every human defect, that His benediction may consecrate to the liberties and happiness of the people of the United States a Government instituted by themselves for these essential purposes, and may enable every instrument employed in its administration to execute with success the functions allotted to his charge. In tendering this homage to the Great Author of every public and private good, I assure myself that it expresses your sentiments not less than my own…
--George Washington, in his first inaugural address, April 30, 1789

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 129 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the