Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 02:51:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286860 Posts in 27569 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A Worthy Quote
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 129 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Worthy Quote  (Read 222290 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 23, 2006, 06:00:46 AM »

"In our world there are innumerable groups and organizations with grievances, some justified, some not. Only a tiny fraction has been ruthless enough to try to achieve their ends through vicious and cowardly acts of violence upon unarmed victims. Perversely, it is often the terrorists themselves who prevent peacefully negotiated solutions. So, perhaps the first step in solving some of these fundamental challenges in getting to the root cause of conflict is to declare that terrorism is not an acceptable alternative and will not be tolerated." —Ronald Reagan

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 23, 2006, 06:06:49 AM »

The Patriot Post
Founders' Quote Daily

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?  Forbid it, Almighty God.  I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"

-- Patrick Henry (Speech to the Virginia Convention, 23 March 1775)

Reference: Respectfully Quoted

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 25, 2006, 12:50:37 PM »

God's answers are wiser than our prayers.
--Unknown

“Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to the garage makes you a car.”
--Laurence J. Peter

The Christian life is not a constant high. I have my moments of deep discouragement. I have to go to God in prayer with tears in my eyes, and say, 'O God, forgive me,' or 'Help me.'
--Billy Graham

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 26, 2006, 01:06:15 PM »

Religion today is not transforming people; rather it is being transformed by the people. It is not raising the moral level of society; it is descending to society's own level, and congratulating itself that it has scored a victory because society is smilingly accepting its surrender.

... A. W. Tozer (1897-1963)

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: March 26, 2006, 05:42:44 PM »

Jesus of Nazareth, without money and arms, conquered more millions than Alexander, Caesar, Mahomet, and Napoleon; without science and learning, He shed more light on things human and divine than all philosophers and schools combined; without the eloquence of schools, He spoke words of life such as never were spoken before or since, and produced effects which lie beyond the reach of any orator or poet; without writing a single line, He has set more pens in motion, and furnished themes for more sermons, orations, discussions, learned volumes, works of art and sweet songs of praise, than the whole army of great men of ancient and modern times. Born in a manger, and crucified as a malefactor, He now controls the destinies of the civilized world, and rules a spiritual empire which embraces one-third of the inhabitants of the globe. There never was in this world a life so unpretending, modest, and lowly in its outward form and condition, and yet producing such extraordinary effects upon all ages, nations, and classes of men. The annals of history produce no other example of such complete and astonishing success in spite of the absence of those material, social, literary, and artistic powers and influences which are indispensable to success for a mere man.  - Philip Schaff

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 26, 2006, 11:29:31 PM »

Hello Dreamweaver,

Brother, I think it will be a worthy quote to simply say AMEN! AND AMEN! to your post.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 02, 2006, 01:18:53 PM »

Pro 30:5  Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
Pro 30:6  Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: April 02, 2006, 04:08:28 PM »

Psalm 94:9 He Who planted the ear, shall He not hear? He Who formed the eye, shall He not see?

Psalm 115:5-6 They have mouths, but they speak not; eyes have they, but they see not;  6 They have ears, but they hear not; noses have they, but they smell not;

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 06, 2006, 06:21:30 AM »

The authority of Scripture is greater than the comprehension of the whole of man's reason.

... Martin Luther (1483-1546)

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 06, 2006, 01:41:12 PM »

“You have rights antecedent to all earthly governments; rights that cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws; rights derived from the Great Legislator of the Universe.” John Adams, Second President of the United States.

LINCOLN said “Study the Constitution!”
“Let it be preached from the pulpit, proclaimed in legislatures, and enforced in courts of justice.”

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 16, 2006, 05:20:04 PM »

I was pleased last year to proclaim 1983 the year of the Bible. But you know, a group called the ACLU severely criticized me for doing that. Well, I wear their indictment like a badge of honor.
- - - President Reagan, January 1984

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: April 17, 2006, 12:52:44 AM »

We the people
of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America. - 55 Brave men of the signing of the Constitution.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: April 17, 2006, 12:55:25 AM »

"God grant, that not only the Love of Liberty, but a thorough Knowledge of the Rights of Man, may pervade all the Nations of the Earth, so that a Philosopher may set his foot anywhere on its Surface, and say, "This is my Country."" -  Benjamin  Franklin

"Where annual elections end, there slavery begins." - John Quincy Adams

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 17, 2006, 07:58:27 AM »

Of more worth is one honest man to society, and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived. --Thomas Paine

satan would tempt us to despair; but good hope keeps us trusting in God and rejoicing in Him. -Henry

When men surrender themselves to the Spirit of God, they will learn more concerning God and Christ and the Atonement and immorality in a week, than they would learn in a lifetime, apart from the Spirit. --John Brown

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 18, 2006, 01:36:00 AM »

Psa 9:16  The LORD is known by the judgment which he executeth: the wicked is snared in the work of his own hands. Higgaion. Selah.
Psa 9:17  The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 129 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the