Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:10:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286969 Posts in 27571 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A Worthy Quote
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 129 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Worthy Quote  (Read 258046 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: May 05, 2006, 03:43:18 AM »

I  rise at about 7 am; write until breakfast, about 8:30 am. After breakfast prayers, the reading of a chapter in the Bible, each one present reading a verse in turn, and all kneeling repeat the Lord's Prayer. - Rutherford B. Hayes

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 08, 2006, 12:59:45 PM »

"More than two hundred years ago, James Madison wrote...that 'the duty which we owe to our Creator and the manner of discharging it can be directed only by reason and conviction and not by force or violence.' In this statement, Madison acknowledged our duty to our God. In our day, some have sought to alienate what Madison thought was unalienable. The attempt to drive religious free speech—and those who would speak it—from the public square must be resisted. We owe it to the martyrs of twenty centuries. We owe it to our fellow Americans. And we owe it to God Himself. Let us honor Him."    — Tony Perkins

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 08, 2006, 01:02:53 PM »

"Before we point the finger at Hollywood, the government, or the business community for what is happening to America's youth, we must look at ourselves. I've worked on family public policy issues for 20 years, and I know the solutions to these problems do not rest in Washington, DC. Most of the solutions can be found in active, loving parenting. It doesn't take an act of Congress to take back your home... [A] 13-year-old boy [doesn't] have 60 bucks to buy a video game unless his daddy gave it to him. Eleven-year-old girls can't drive themselves to the mall, nor do they have the cash to buy trashy clothes that make them look like street walkers. And who pays for the cable television, orders the Internet connection and buys CDs for Christmas presents? Well-meaning moms and dads who are too busy or too absorbed with their own lives to see that their kids need them to push back against the toxic culture, not invite and pay for it to invade their homes. Many parents are more concerned about being their children's friend than they are about parenting. But kids don't need more drifting friends; they need their moms and dads. Our children are feeling around for boundaries, for a firm foundation on which they can build their lives, for love and nurture."    — Rebecca Hagelin

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: May 08, 2006, 10:11:20 PM »

"I do believe in Almighty God! And I believe also in the Bible...Let us look forward to the time when we can take the flag of our country and nail it below the Cross, and there let it wave as it waved in the olden times, and let us gather around it and inscribed for our motto: "Liberty and Union, one and inseparable, now and forever," and exclaim, Christ first, our country next!" - Andrew Johnson (Abraham Lincoln's choice for Vice-President)

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: May 08, 2006, 10:12:47 PM »

President Abraham Lincoln issued a historic day of fasting and prayer on March 30, 1863 and he began by saying, "Whereas, the Senate of the United States devoutly recognizing the Supreme Authority and just Government of Almighty God in all the affairs of men and of nations, has, by a resolution, requested the President to designate and set apart a day for national prayer and humiliation: And whereas, it is the duty of nations as well as of men to own their dependence upon the overruling power of God, to confess their sins and transgressions in humble sorrow yet with assured hope that genuine repentance will lead to mercy and pardon, and to recognize the sublime truth, announced in the Holy Scriptures and proven by all history: that those nations only are blessed whose God is the Lord..."

5 days after the Civil War had ended, Abraham Lincoln went to Ford's theatre with his wife, Mary Todd Lincoln. She recalled his last words as they sat there: " He said he wanted to visit the Holy Land and see those places hallowed by the footprints of the Saviour. He was saying there was no city he so much desired to see as Jerusalem. And with the words half spoken on his tongue, the bullet of the assassin entered the brain, and the soul of the great and good President was carried by the angels to the New Jerusalem above"

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 16, 2006, 02:40:05 PM »

The Patriot Post
Founders' Quote Daily

"At the establishment of our constitutions, the judiciary bodies were supposed to be the most helpless and harmless members of the government. Experience, however, soon showed in what way they were to become the most dangerous; that the insufficiency of the means provided for their removal gave them a freehold and irresponsibility in office; that their decisions, seeming to concern individual suitors only, pass silent and unheeded by the public at large; that these decisions, nevertheless, become law by precedent, sapping, by little and little, the foundations of the constitution, and working its change by construction, before any one has perceived that that invisible and helpless worm has been busily employed in consuming its substance. In truth, man is not made to be trusted for life, if secured against all
liability to account."

-- Thomas Jefferson (letter to Monsieur A. Coray, 31 October 1823)

Dave...

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 21, 2006, 04:20:41 PM »

I've been using some of the quotes from this thread on another forum. I figured that I should give back a little. I hope that these were not used yet.

This first quote was taken from a book by either Anne Coulter or Shawn Hannity, I don't remember which one it came from.

"A nation can survive it's fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly wispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself.

For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguements, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear."

MARCUS TULLIUS CICERO
Roman orator, statesman 42 B.C.

I'm thankful that the Biblically sound churches are starting to trend towards forfeiting their right to a 501C3 (tax exempt) for this reason alone...

"The Framers of America's Founding Documents relied heavily upon the writings of the French political philosopher, Baron de Montesquieu. Typical of Montesquieu's brilliant insight, he once wrote that:

“A more certain way to attack religion is by favor, by the comforts of life, by the hope of wealth; not by what reminds one of it, but by what makes one forget it; not by what makes one indignant, but by what makes men lukewarm, when other passions act on our souls, and those which religion inspires are silent. In the matter of changing religion, State favors are stronger than penalties.”

The Spirit of the Laws, Baron de Montesquieu (1748)"
http://hushmoney.org/

Dave
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 04:23:08 PM by Dave... » Logged
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: May 21, 2006, 11:18:22 PM »

But let not the foundation of our hope rest upon man's wisdom. It will not be sufficient that sectional prejudices find no place in the public deliberations. It will not be sufficient that the rash counsels of human passion are rejected. It must be felt that there is no national security but in the nation's humble, acknowledged dependence upon God and His overruling providence.
- Franklin Pierce, Inaugural Address, March 4, 1853

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: May 21, 2006, 11:19:26 PM »

He who cannot cast his burden upon the Lord must bear it himself. - O. Hallesby, Author and pastor

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: May 22, 2006, 01:13:34 AM »

"May the Father of all mercies scatter light, and not darkness, upon our paths, and make us in all our several vocations useful here, and in His own due time and way everlastingly happy." - George Washington

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 24, 2006, 09:43:14 AM »

The Patriot Post
Founders' Quote Daily

"Our unalterable resolution would be to be free.  They have
attempted to subdue us by force, but God be praised! in vain.
Their arts may be more dangerous then their arms.  Let us then
renounce all treaty with them upon any score but that of total
separation, and under God trust our cause to our swords."

-- Samuel Adams (letter to James Warren, 16 April 1776)

Reference: The Spirit of `Seventy-Six, Commager and Morris (294);
original Warren-Adams Letters, vol. 1 (224-225)

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 24, 2006, 10:14:11 AM »

No revolution that has ever taken place in society can be compared to that which has been produced by the words of Jesus Christ. --Mark Hopkins

No man can tell whether he is rich or poor by turning to his ledger.  It is the heart that makes a man rich.  He is rich according to what he is, not according to what he has. -Beecher

When you have accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace; God is awake. -Hugo

Nothing binds me to my Lord like a strong belief in his changeless love. -Spurgeon

The appearance of religion only on Sunday proves that it is only an appearance. -Adams

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: May 25, 2006, 06:12:15 AM »

We, the living, have not forgotten--and the world will never forget--the deeds or the words of Gettysburg. We honor them now as we join on this Memorial Day of 1963 in a prayer for permanent peace of the world and fulfillment of our hopes for universal freedom and justice. We are called to honor our own words of reverent prayer with resolution in the deeds we must perform to preserve peace and the hope of freedom. We keep a vigil of peace around the world.  -  Lyndon B. Johnson, May 30, 1963

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 27, 2006, 03:41:48 PM »

The Heart of Our Government: "In God We Trust"

The anticipation of the crowd was contagious! All eyes were riveted on Gen. George Washington. The man was legendary - the hero of the decade! He approached the outdoor balcony of Federal Hall in New York City on April 30, 1789; viewed the podium; paused; then asked for a Bible. Stepping onto the balcony, the General placed his right hand on the open Book and took the oath of office, becoming the First President of the United States of America.

"It is impossible to account for the creation of the universe without the agency of a Supreme Being. And it is impossible to govern the universe without the aid of a Supreme Being."

General George Washington
1st President of the United States 1789 - 1797

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 27, 2006, 03:49:45 PM »

God's holy word has surely been
inspired of God and not of men;

No power or eloquence of men
Could ever conceive God's wondrous plan.

Withstanding all tests of time,
It stands unchanged, unique, sublime;

Proving to every tongue and race,
God's wisdom, mercy, love and grace.

So hammer on, ye hostile hands;
Your hammers break, God's anvil stands.

M. E. H.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 129 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the