Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 06:30:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286809 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Please help me pray for my ill Grandfather
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Please help me pray for my ill Grandfather  (Read 1060 times)
brianusn

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2005, 09:04:13 AM »

My name is Brian and i'm 29 years old in the Navy.  I'm not a very reliegious person but my bond is between myself and God with really no specific domination.  My grandpap is in pretty bad shape and i'm basically on my own here.  My story of how this came to be is not long, but I would like to share it with you.  My Grandpap is 84 years old.  I haven't seen him in 13 years until I went to Washington PA to visit my mother who I haven't seen since I was 10.  My mother is addicted to drugs and always ends up getting in trouble with the law.  I found out my grandfather was placed in a nursing home in Pennsylvania by his sisters children because they couldn't take care of him and my mother wanted to pull him out of there to come live with her.  When I found this out, I was afraid for him.  I know in my heart if she took him, she would spend his money on her addiction and when she gets high, she gets violent and sometimes inncohearent.  So I went home and begged my wife to bring him with us to Florida where I was stationed.  We did and put him in an assisted living facility there.  Soon as I did this, my mother ended up in jail for stealing.  I was relieved we acted when we did.  My Pap doesn't make alot of money from when he retired from the railroad so it was a little difficult to find him a place within his price range.  Well, we found a place and everything was perfect.  Then came the time when I had to transfer to Brunswick Maine.  We only stay in places for 3-4 years then the Navy makes us move.  I didn't want to leave him in Florida by himself so I brought him to Maine with my wife and I.  We couldn't move him in with us in base housing and the assisted living facilities are extremely expensive here.  We got him an apartment down the street from us and he's been there ever since.  A few days ago, my Grandpap went outside after a snowstorm and slipped on some ice and broke his hip.  He was rushed to the ER and had to get surgery.  Yesterday, the hospital called and told me his surgery was postponed due to a 104 fever.  Then he ate some food and aspired (where food comes up and goes into your lungs) and had a heart attack.  They put him on a ventilator and told me he was stable but to prepare for the worse.  Like I have to make the ultimate decision.  He never had a living will.  His family is all gone except me.  So i'm a little alone on this and I was wondering if you would all say a prayer for my Pap.  I want him to get better and I know it's in Gods hands now.  Thank you for your time.  It's much appreciated.

Brian
John 3:16

My Heavenly Father Is Alive Today

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 10:44:37 AM »

Prayer on the way Brain Remember God Answers Prayer

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 11:03:29 AM »

Praying for your Grandpa, Brian. I am also praying for you.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 03:03:33 PM »

My prayers for you and your grandfather.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 03:57:49 PM »

My name is Brian and i'm 29 years old in the Navy.  I'm not a very reliegious person but my bond is between myself and God with really no specific domination.  My grandpap is in pretty bad shape and i'm basically on my own here.  My story of how this came to be is not long, but I would like to share it with you.  My Grandpap is 84 years old.  I haven't seen him in 13 years until I went to Washington PA to visit my mother who I haven't seen since I was 10.  My mother is addicted to drugs and always ends up getting in trouble with the law.  I found out my grandfather was placed in a nursing home in Pennsylvania by his sisters children because they couldn't take care of him and my mother wanted to pull him out of there to come live with her.  When I found this out, I was afraid for him.  I know in my heart if she took him, she would spend his money on her addiction and when she gets high, she gets violent and sometimes inncohearent.  So I went home and begged my wife to bring him with us to Florida where I was stationed.  We did and put him in an assisted living facility there.  Soon as I did this, my mother ended up in jail for stealing.  I was relieved we acted when we did.  My Pap doesn't make alot of money from when he retired from the railroad so it was a little difficult to find him a place within his price range.  Well, we found a place and everything was perfect.  Then came the time when I had to transfer to Brunswick Maine.  We only stay in places for 3-4 years then the Navy makes us move.  I didn't want to leave him in Florida by himself so I brought him to Maine with my wife and I.  We couldn't move him in with us in base housing and the assisted living facilities are extremely expensive here.  We got him an apartment down the street from us and he's been there ever since.  A few days ago, my Grandpap went outside after a snowstorm and slipped on some ice and broke his hip.  He was rushed to the ER and had to get surgery.  Yesterday, the hospital called and told me his surgery was postponed due to a 104 fever.  Then he ate some food and aspired (where food comes up and goes into your lungs) and had a heart attack.  They put him on a ventilator and told me he was stable but to prepare for the worse.  Like I have to make the ultimate decision.  He never had a living will.  His family is all gone except me.  So i'm a little alone on this and I was wondering if you would all say a prayer for my Pap.  I want him to get better and I know it's in Gods hands now.  Thank you for your time.  It's much appreciated.

Brian

Hi Brian,

I'm so very sorry to hear about your grandfather.  You have an awful lot of love in your heart------both you and your wife.  You certainly have wisdom and a love for neighbor (your grandfather).

Father God, through Your son Jesus Christ, I just lift up Brian to You.  Draw him to You, Lord God.   Manifest Yourself to Brian in a way in which he knows it's You.  Give Brian strength and courage.  Give him that peace which surpasses all understanding.  Just hold Brian in Your loving arms, Father God.  Lord, Brian's grandfather is in your care.  I pray You would send Your Holy Spirit to him.  I ask You, Father, to send Your angels to minister to and for him.  Oh, touch the grandfather, Lord.  Give his doc's wisdom, all in the name of Jesus Christ.

Brian, your note to the forum really touched my heart.  All I can think of is, "oh, what a great kid (man)!! Remember, God said He would never leave you, or, forsake you.  Call upon Him!
He's with you 24/7.  BELIEVE IT!!  He guided you to make the right decision in reference to your grandpap's care.  How awesome that was.

May our Father, the creator of heaven and earth, richly bless you.

Grace and peace,
cris

ivan

God`s servant.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2005, 07:53:32 AM »

Brian
praying for your Grandpa and for you.
you are in Gods hands

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the