Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:35:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Judgment Day for Christians.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Judgment Day for Christians.  (Read 6895 times)
DareDevil

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2003, 05:28:39 PM »

Judgment must begin at the house of God.....(1 Peter 4:17).

God shall judge his people.....(Hebrews 10:30).

The 10 Commandments (Exodus 20:3-17),  are the standard ...to be used in the Judgment Day of God, (Ecclesiastes 12:13,14.....James 2:10-12).

Judgment must end ....BEFORE....Christ can come again, (Revelation 22:11,12).
Nostalghia

The Church Militant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2003, 11:35:40 PM »

good comedy.

"The allotted function of art is not, as is often assumed, to put across ideas, to propagate thoughts,
to serve as example. The aim of art is to prepare a person for death, to plough and harrow his soul,
rendering it capable of turning to good." ,Andrei Tarkovsky

-Kai August Kaapr
pnotc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2003, 12:11:42 AM »

1 Pet 4:17   For it is time for judgment to begin with the household of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

Sure, judgement begins with God's household, and then continues onto the rest of creation.  Hebrews 10:30  - yes, God will judge his own people, but he will also judge everyone else.  

Ecc 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this [is] the whole [duty] of man.

Yes, God will use the 10 commandments, but I think you're forgetting the commandment that Christ gave us, the summation of the 10 commandments.  Even though its not one of the 10, I think it'll be on the list somewhere, don't you?

Jam 2:13   For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.

However, if we have shown mercy, then our judgement will be with mercy as well.  If we have given a cup of cold water to the least of Christ's disciples, if we visit the sick and infirm, those in prison, etc - if we live a merciful life and forgive as we have been forgiven, this will enter into our judgement.  I'm not preaching a works based salvation, but it is clear that they do play a role in our judgement.  
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2003, 10:02:35 PM »

comedy?

REV 11  [15] And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.[16] And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,[17] Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.[18] And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.[19] And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

1- and thunderings
2- there were lightnings
3- voices in heaven
4- and an earthquake

EXODUS 20  (1-17) The 10 commandments are given
[18] And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar off.

1- thundering
2- lightnings
3- noise of the trumpet
4- and the mountain smoking

EXODUS 19  [16] And it came to pass on the third day in the morning, that there were thunders and lightnings, and
a thick cloud upon the mount, and the voice of the trumpet exceeding loud; so that all the people that was in the camp trembled.[17] And Moses brought forth the people out of the camp to meet with God; and they stood at the nether part of the mount.[18] And mount Sinai was altogether on a smoke, because the LORD descended upon it in fire: and the smoke thereof ascended as the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mount quaked greatly.[19] And when the voice of the trumpet sounded long, and waxed louder and louder, Moses spake, and God answered him by a voice.

on the third day (a day is as a 1000 yrs)
1- there were thunders
2- lightnings
3- voice of the trumpet
4- mount Sinai was altogether on a smoke

Just wanted to show more proof from the WORD of God that it will be GODS 10 commandments that will be brought out as a witness against the people. Does anyone truly believe that these 10 commandments which were written by the finger of GOD will read any different than they did back then. What about the 4th?  GODS sabbath day.

I AINT LAUGHIN

By grace HIS way or works after the 1000 yrs
Your choice
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2003, 04:02:03 AM »

Sorry, but the ten commandments were not given that anyone by keeping them perfectly could ever be saved, they were given that man could know, when he had sinned against God, by considering whether or not he had broken them.  and it only took breaking one to break the whole law.

Rom 3
20  Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

The 10 commandments, were only, past of the law given to Moses.  The law in view in Rom 3:29, above was the Law of Moses.

Notice how man is justified before God;

Rom 3
28  Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

And then the scriptures use Abraham, as an example to us of how he was justified;

Rom4
1  What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?
2  For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
3  For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
4  Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
5  But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
6  Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

King David, knew of the blessedness of Grace, since God who justified him, even forgave his sin, of causing the death of Uriah, Bathsheba's husband  (2 Sam 12:13-15), And the LORD struck the child that Uriah's wife bare unto David.

Now is there any truth to the statement that the ten commandments will be used to judge men, on judgment day??

The answer is NO;

Notice what;

Rev 20;  says..
11  And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12  And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13  And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14  And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15  And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Since noone can be saved by the keeping the law (ten commandments) perfectly (and this is the only work, which could possibly be accepted by God, since it was His law, written on tablets of stone, written by His own finger), then it stands to reason, the ten commandments cannot be used to judge mankind, since it is by what man does to try and justify himself, apart from the law, he knows he has not kept, that is offensive to the Spirit of Grace.

Whoever works, does dispise to the Spirit, and this is what is the real blasphemy spoken of by Jesus.

At any rate, all men will be judged according to their works.

And only those who are of the same faith as Abraham, have their names written into the "book of life"

Rom 4, David speaking;
7  Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
8  Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.
9  Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.
10  How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.
11  And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:
12  And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.
13  For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
14  For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:
15  Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.
16  Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,
17  (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.
18  Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.
19  And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb:
20  He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;
21  And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.
22  And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.
23  Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;
24  But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
25  Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
5:1  Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

As for judgement at the house of God, it cannot be the 10 comandments either because, all believers are no longer under the Law of Sin and Death , but under the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ, which sets every believer free from the Law of Sin and Death. (Rom 8:2)

So what is the conclusion of this matter;

Those who are saved are...." justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. (Rom 3:24-28)

And that faith is a gift of God Eph 2:8-9.

Blesings,

Petro

Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2003, 08:07:12 AM »

Petro
you left out a few things from Romans 2 and 3

ROMANS

ROMANS 2
[13] For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

[26] Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?

[29] But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

ROMANS 3
 [1] What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?

[28] Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
[29] Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:
[30] Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
[31] Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

You cant pick and choose which scriptures you choose to believe.

The law of Moses and circumcision is no more

1 COR.7 [18] Is any man called being circumcised? let him not become uncircumcised. Is any called in uncircumcision? let him not be circumcised.[19] Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God

but the keeping of the commandments of God will be done by HIS people. No one can keep them perfectly. That is except Jesus,whose example we are to follow. All have come short, but thats where the GRACE of GOD comes in.
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2003, 08:21:27 AM »

Petro writes
Those who are saved are.. (many smooth words,itching ears wanna here)

According to scripture WHO WILL BE SAVED?

ISAIAH 30 [9] That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the LORD:
[10] Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:[11] Get you out of the way, turn aside out of the path, cause the Holy One of Israel to cease from before us.[12] Wherefore thus saith the Holy One of Israel, Because ye despise this word, and trust in oppression and perverseness, and stay thereon:[13] Therefore this iniquity shall be to you as a breach ready to fall, swelling out in a high wall, whose breaking cometh suddenly at an instant.[14] And he shall break it as the breaking of the potters' vessel that is broken in pieces; he shall not spare: so that there shall not be found in the bursting of it a sherd to take fire from the hearth, or to take water withal out of the pit.[15] For thus saith the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength: and ye would not.

this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the LORD - thus saith the Holy One of Israel (JESUS) - In returning and rest shall ye be saved - Is this the sabbath rest spoken of in the law of the LORD.

PROVERBS 28 [4] They that forsake the law praise the wicked: but such as keep the law contend with them. [7] Whoso keepeth the law is a wise son: but he that is a companion of riotous men shameth his father. [9] He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination. [13] He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy. [18] Whoso walketh uprightly shall be saved

They that forsake the law praise the wicked - He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer
shall be abomination - Whoso walketh uprightly shall be saved

1 PETER 4 [17] For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?[18] And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

And if the righteous scarcely be saved - where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? HEY PETRO,according to you theren is no sinners. Sin is the transgression of the law(according to scripture). You say there is no law.

DEUT. 6 [25] And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the LORD our God, as he hath commanded us.

it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments

PSALM 119 [165] Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.[166] LORD, I have hoped for thy salvation, and done thy commandments.[167] My soul hath kept thy testimonies; and I love them exceedingly.
[168] I have kept thy precepts and thy testimonies: for all my ways are before thee.[169] Let my cry come near before thee, O LORD: give me understanding according to thy word.[170] Let my supplication come before thee: deliver me according to thy word.[171] My lips shall utter praise, when thou hast taught me thy statutes.[172] My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness.[173] Let thine hand help me; for I have chosen thy precepts.[174] I have longed for thy salvation, O LORD; and thy law is my delight.

Do you long for salvation? Theres only 1 way. The WORD!
And the WORD became flesh.

ROMANS 13 [8] Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
[9] For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.[10] Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.[11] And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

sounds like the 10 commandments
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2003, 10:49:24 AM »

Wreck n Sow,

No, that is not what I said , at all..

You are wrong, because you read between the lines and added, what you wanted to add to what I wrote.

You said;

posted by Wreck N Sow,
HEY PETRO,according to you theren is no sinners. Sin is the transgression of the law(according to scripture). You say there is no law.

I never said the Law did not exist, Transgression of the the law is sin, this is clear (1Jhn3:4)

What I said, we are no longer under the Law of Sin and Death, and even gave the verses, which state this.

The Law of Sin and Death, does not have the power it had before the gift was given, and can no longer rule over Gods children,

Why you might ask??

Because God knows them that are His, and Jesus, our High Priest ministers 24/7 at the alter in the  tabernacle not made without[/b human hands (Heb 8:1-2) which the Lord pitched, and not man, where He intercedes  day and night without resting for His own, ALL THAT THE FATHER has given to Him, against the accusations of the evil one (Rev 12:10)

The Law which Christians live by is the Law of Faith (Rom 3:27)  the same faith which is given, when repentance is granted (Acts 11:18) to everyone who comes to God, diligently seeking Him (Heb 11:6)

Good habit is to listen carefully, be quick to hear and slow to speak..

God Bless,

Petro

PS   I modified this post, having left out the word out of  "without" human hands, above, I emboldened it, I am surprised noone caught that error..  Petro
« Last Edit: July 10, 2003, 10:23:04 PM by Petro » Logged

DareDevil

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2003, 05:15:31 PM »

Now is there any truth to the statement that the ten commandments will be used to judge men, on judgment day??

The answer is NO;
 Then you are saying the Ecclesiates 12:13,14, as well as James 2:10-12 are dead wrong scriptures ?

Whoever works, does dispise to the Spirit, and this is what is the real blasphemy spoken of by Jesus.
 I see...then the scripture that says: "Work out your own salvation", (Philipians 2:12)...is also dead wrong ?

And only those who are of the same faith as Abraham, have their names written into the "book of life"
 AND ABRAHAM KEPT GOD'S COMMANDMENTS, ( Genesis 26:5).

As for judgement at the house of God, it cannot be the 10 comandments either because, all believers are no longer under the Law of Sin and Death , but under the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ, which sets every believer free from the Law of Sin and Death. (Rom 8:2)
 But the 10 commandments are refered to, in scripture, as the law of liberty, (James 2:12). No where in all scripture is the 10 commandments ever called the law of sin and death.
 The law of sin and death comes into effect when anyone breaks any of the commandments of God.
 As scripture says: If you break just one of the commandments of God...you break them all', (James 2:10,11).
 And so, those who ignore the 4th commandment, the 7th day Sabbath are also guilty of lying...stealing, etc.

Those who are saved are...." justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
 YES...also they are the ones who obey God's commandments,Revelation 12:17 and Rev. 14:12...."HERE IS THE PATIENCE OF THE SAINTS, THOSE WHO KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD...AND, HAVE THE FAITH OF JESUS".

Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. (Rom 3:24-28).
  aLSO, WE MUST BALANCE THAT WITH..."FOR NOT THE HEARERS OF THE LAW ARE JUSTIFIED...BUT THE 'DOERS' OF THE LAW SHALL BE JUSTIFIED", (Romans  2:13).

BETTER READ THAT AGAIN....IT IS GRACE THAT IS THE GIFT OF GOD.
FAITH COMES BY HEARING AND HEARING BY THE WORD OF GOD", ( Romans 10:17). Study of scripture is what gives faith.

Blesings,

Petro
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2003, 06:07:40 PM »

author  DareDevil

The answer is NO;

Then you are saying the Ecclesiates 12:13,14, as well as James 2:10-12 are dead wrong scriptures ?

What I am saying is, the Law does not apply to them that are not under the law, and this would include anyone who is born of God.  Beacuse they are under Grace.

I see...then the scripture that says: "Work out your own salvation", (Philipians 2:12)...is also dead wrong ?

This verse has nothing to do with the Law.

Well lets take a look at Gen 26:5;

5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

You posted;

posted by daredevil, as opening topic

The 10 Commandments (Exodus 20:3-17),  are the standard ...to be used in the Judgment Day of God, (Ecclesiastes 12:13,14.....James 2:10-12).

My reply was to yours and wreck and sows, comments concerning the 10 Commandments, your statement is not accurate, Abraham didn't keep the 10 Commandments, because the ten Commandments were no yet given,yet;  in fact the ten Commandments were not given until 500+ years later, and where there is no law there is no trangression.(Rom 4:15)

And above all this is that Abraham, was justified by faith and not by keeping tha Law. This is made clear by the verses I shared with you.

But the 10 commandments are refered to, in scripture, as the law of liberty, (James 2:12).

While this passage refered to does speak of the ten Commandments , it is speaking of the spirit and not the letter of the law, The Law when broken demanded retribution, and that was death (the shedding of Blood), but since we are under Grace, because Jesus paid the penalty for our transgression, we are set at liberty from the demands of the Law, therefore we live unto a higher law, and as I mentioned it is the Law of Faith.

No where in all scripture is the 10 commandments ever called the law of sin and death.

They are at Rom 8:2..

The law of sin and death comes into effect when anyone breaks any of the commandments of God.
 As scripture says: If you break just one of the commandments of God...you break them all', (James 2:10,11).
 And so, those who ignore the 4th commandment, the 7th day Sabbath are also guilty of lying...stealing, etc.

Rom 8
3  For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4  That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5  For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6  For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7  Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8  So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9  But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10  And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11  But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Sorry, I had to post this unfinished, quickly,  since my computer started to do its monthly defragmentation maintenance, it usually takes about an hour, so, I will try to finish it.

Anyhow, As I had stated, if you are a Christian, the law cannot slay the new spirit you possess, since Jesus redeemed you from the effects of the law, and therefore Christians live untoi a higher law, the Law of Faith.

YES...also they are the ones who obey God's commandments,Revelation 12:17 and Rev. 14:12...."HERE IS THE PATIENCE OF THE SAINTS, THOSE WHO KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD...AND, HAVE THE FAITH OF JESUS".

No disagreement from me there, Christians should keep and obey the commandments, for a witness and testimony to the world, and for conscienceous sake, however the ordinances are another matter, they have been abolished, this is clear in Ephesians 2:15.

You can argue, the Sabaath must be observed, refering to Saturday, as the day which is the Lords Day, but the Lords Day, in the NT is a New Day, refering to the First Day of the Week, which is the Day of the Resurrection.

Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. (Rom 3:24-28).

aLSO, WE MUST BALANCE THAT WITH..."FOR NOT THE HEARERS OF THE LAW ARE JUSTIFIED...BUT THE 'DOERS' OF THE LAW SHALL BE JUSTIFIED", (Romans  2:13).

You are right, and if you follow your line of reasoning, the law will lead the hearers and doers of it, to Jesus, and when faith comes, then they (the hearers and doers) are no longfer under the law, (see Gal 3:22-24)

Here let me postr them;

Gal 3
22  But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
23  But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
24  Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25  But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

And above all else, the law is not of faith, but the man that doeth them all shall live in them, (Gal 3:11-12)

BETTER READ THAT AGAIN....IT IS GRACE THAT IS THE GIFT OF GOD.

FAITH COMES BY HEARING AND HEARING BY THE WORD OF GOD", ( Romans 10:17). Study of scripture is what gives faith.

Ohhhh.......See Rom 12:36, 1 Cor 12:8-9,

Consider, Gal 3:22-25, above, you would be hard pressed to prove that somehow, you produced faith, note especially verse 22, faith comes from God, because it is given to them whom God gives to his son, and it states plainly at this verse, FAITH is given to them that believe, and even belief is a gift given by God, but most importantly, Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith (Heb 12:2).  It is not something, one produces nilly willy.

Blesings,

Petro
« Last Edit: July 10, 2003, 10:20:11 PM by Petro » Logged

Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2003, 06:13:10 PM »

Petro
Been called many names before, never brolove. Well, have a good one
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2003, 10:26:03 PM »

Petro
Been called many names before, never brolove. Well, have a good one

Wreck N Sow,

Sorry about that, as You can see, I modified the post, so as to give you credit for the post, I refernce.

And I modified the verse I quoted, Heb 8:1-2.

God Bless,

Petro

Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2003, 08:06:24 AM »

No problem Petro
DareDevil

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2003, 07:11:37 PM »

author  DareDevil

The answer is  YES; as is wriiten in scripture...Ecclesiates 12:13,14....James 2:10-12).

This verse has nothing to do with the Law.

Well lets take a look at Gen 26:5;

5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

You posted;

posted by daredevil, as opening topic

"To the law and the tesimony, if they speak not according to this word , it is because there is no light in them", (Isaiah 8:20).

The unconverted man will always oppose God's law..."BECAUSE THE CARNAL MIND IS ENMITY AGAINST GOD...FOR IT NOT SUBJECT TO THE LAW OF GOD...NEITHER INDEED CAN BE",  (Romans 8:7).

The "NEW COVENANT Christian will allow God to put his 10 commandments into the heart and mind, (Hebrews 8:10).

Blesings,

Petro

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2003, 02:28:37 PM »

Sorry, but the ten commandments were not given that anyone by keeping them perfectly could ever be saved, they were given that man could know, when he had sinned against God, by considering whether or not he had broken them.  and it only took breaking one to break the whole law.

Rom 3
20  Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

The 10 commandments, were only, past of the law given to Moses.  The law in view in Rom 3:29, above was the Law of Moses.

Notice how man is justified before God;

Rom 3
28  Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

And then the scriptures use Abraham, as an example to us of how he was justified;

Rom4
1  What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?
2  For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
3  For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
4  Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
5  But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
6  Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

King David, knew of the blessedness of Grace, since God who justified him, even forgave his sin, of causing the death of Uriah, Bathsheba's husband  (2 Sam 12:13-15), And the LORD struck the child that Uriah's wife bare unto David.

The answer is NO;

Notice what;

Rev 20;  says..
11  And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12  And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13  And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14  And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15  And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Since noone can be saved by the keeping the law (ten commandments) perfectly (and this is the only work, which could possibly be accepted by God, since it was His law, written on tablets of stone, written by His own finger), then it stands to reason, the ten commandments cannot be used to judge mankind, since it is by what man does to try and justify himself, apart from the law, he knows he has not kept, that is offensive to the Spirit of Grace.

Rom 4, David speaking;
7  Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
8  Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.
9  Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.
10  How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.
11  And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:
12  And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.
13  For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
14  For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:
15  Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.
16  Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,
17  (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.
18  Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.
19  And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb:
20  He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;
21  And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.
22  And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.
23  Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;
24  But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
25  Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
5:1  Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. (Rom 3:24-28)

Blesings,

Petro

AMEN!!! Petro AMEN!!!

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the