Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:53:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Parenting (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Raising a son in the faith.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Raising a son in the faith.  (Read 2111 times)
Polarisandy

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2005, 03:18:38 PM »

Sorry to be a burden when i have not been here so long. I have a 15 year old son (16 next week) and i think he is either an atheist or worse. I live in britain although from the US and I worry that this country and its secluar ways hve turned my son from CHRISTS LOVE. I would retirn to the US but i don't want to disturb my sons education. How can i tell if his faith has waivered? should I ask him strait out or leave him to make his own decision?
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005, 08:54:00 PM »

If you love your son and are concerned with his welfare by all means ask him. It is no different than a parent that may think their child is on drugs. Ask talk with them not at them. Show your loving concern and council with them as needed. It is our place as parents to insure our children are being led the right way.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
ephesians429

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 01:11:40 AM »

I completely agree both with (1) talking about it and (2) talking "with" your son, not "at" him. If you think about how you might talk with a nephew, it can help you avoid getting angry or giving parental speeches (which can do more harm than good unless you truly are following the Spirit).

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen (Ephesians 3:20-21).
david87

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 12:14:27 AM »

[Quote:]" How can i tell if his faith has waivered? should I ask him strait out or leave him to make his own decision?"

Im 17 and I am no longer a christian because of my parents. Take it from me dont pressure him let him live his life if he's meant to be a christian he will find his way back to God. Cool
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 01:44:13 PM »

[Quote:]" How can i tell if his faith has waivered? should I ask him strait out or leave him to make his own decision?"

Im 17 and I am no longer a christian because of my parents. Take it from me dont pressure him let him live his life if he's meant to be a christian he will find his way back to God. Cool

Don't put the full blame on your parents. Yes, they may have an influence on you and your decision but the final choice is yours. You are the one that is ultimately responsible for your decisions and the route that you take.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Polarisandy

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 02:30:58 PM »

Thankyou for all of your kind replies and I'm soory I've not responded quicker but these have been quite trying times.

My son has told me straight out that he now thinks that the HOLY BIBLE is a work of fiction and that he doesn't beileve and never really did.

It grieves me to think that he had been keeping up the pretence of being a CHRISTian when if he had but told me when he had been vaivering in his faith in THE LORD I could have supported him and lead him in the ways of CHRIST.

It grieves me to see my own flesh and blood hanging out with people I know his father would not allow him to be seen with if he were around more often. I really don't know what to do for the best
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the