Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:47:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Oh God Help Us!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oh God Help Us!  (Read 857 times)
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« on: December 09, 2004, 11:02:47 AM »

Oh God, help us remember that the jerk who cut us off in traffic last night is an exausted single mother who worked nine hours that day and is rushing home to cook dinner, help with homework, do the laundry and spend a few precious moments with her children. How can I bless her?

Oh God, that  pierced, tattooed, disinterested young cashier who can't make change correctly is a worried 19-year-old college student, balancing his apprehension over final exams with his fear of not getting his student loans for next semester. How can I bless him?

Oh God, that  scary looking bum, begging for money in the same spot every day (who really ought to get a job!) is there as a result of abuse and addictions we  can only imagine in our worst nightmares. You want to help him, but we remain at a distance. How can I bless him?

Oh God, that  old couple walking annoyingly slow through the store aisles and blocking our shopping progress are savoring this moment, knowing that, based on the biopsy report she got back last week, this will be the last year that they go shopping together. How can I bless them?

Oh God, help us to remember, that tho much of the pain and suffering of those around us is not evident to our eyes,
if we look thru Your eyes, we will see them as you do. That the drugs, the addictions, the anger, the frustrations, and the things that make us seem  unlovable to one another, are but symptoms of deeper struggles than many of us have ever known.

Oh God, remind us each day that, of all the gifts you give us, the greatest gift is love - and the greatest gift we can give is Your love. Help us to know, is not enough to share that love with those  we hold dear. Open our hearts not to just those who are close to us,  but to everyone we meet. Let us be slow to judge and quick to forgive, show patience, empathy and love.

Oh God, we point fingers  at the weak, when you have asked us to extend our whole hand.  You wrote our names on the palm of your hand, will I then come to worship you having nothing to offer in mine?

Oh God, Open our eyes, Open our hearts, but most of all Oh God, help us to open our hands.

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
LennyToo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 01:47:13 PM »

Shylynne,
How beautifully said. I was admonishing my 14 year old son just yesterday in Walmart for complaining about all the old folks blocking the aisles.
May we slow down enough at this time of year, if no other, to realize there's a whole world full of God's children.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the