Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:07:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  satan
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: satan  (Read 5083 times)
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2004, 12:43:48 AM »

Once ,after being bORN AGAIN ,I awoke in the night .It was very peacefull.I wondered ,WHY I awoke .It was so still .All at once the HOLY SPIRIT came upon me .The BIBLE speaks of rivers of living water .Which there is very little or no teaching on ?Well this was it .The HOLY SPIRIT felt like HE was going in a circle though my body .It was a wonderful feeling .I heard the sound of rapids feeling my ears .Then I new satan had entered the room .THE LORD started leaving me .I said ?LORD make him leave .HE said ,I can not .I said ,BUT LORD .YOU created the heavens and earth !YOU CAN DO ANYTHING ?HE SAID I can not .YOU must do this .I said ,but LORd .I anm just a weak man .I can not do this .HE SAID YOU MUST .I was full of fear .I yelled loud .GET OUT IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST .HE left fast .The HOLY SPIRIT came back upon me .But I kept saying it anyway .Not fully believing ,I had this power [as EVERY BORN AGAIN BEING HAS }After a while ,I looked at my wife .I wanted her to feel this wonderfull feeling .So I touched her .Then the HOLY SPIRIT left .HE would not enter her body .Not long after that .The LORD showed me another thing .THE NEW REST OF GOD .In this rest .NOTHING in this world can touch us .We are at perfect peace .We feel no pain or suffering of any kind .We are at operfect peace with GOD .We speak with him .and have no problems what so ever .Some one you love even your self ,could die .and you would not feel pain .I believe .When GODs childern die bad deaths .They enter in here .I believe steven was here .When  being hit with those rocks .as he never felt the 1st one or any .
When we become new creatures .ALL things become NEW .Old things are pasted away .This is our NEW rest ..Because we are spiritual beings now .NOT of this world ..Every thing NOW must be given by the HOLY SPIRIT .It must be recieved in FAITh .As the JUST ,NOW LIVE BY FAITH .The rules are NO longer the same for us ?Our rules are the rules of NEW JERUSALEM .It is based on LOVE as our FATHER is .LOVE AND TRUTH .This is WHY ?GOD SAYS our minds MUST be renewed .It MUST learn from the HOLY SPIRIT .THE THINGS IT MUST NOW DO ,and RECIEVE .BUT these things can not be taught by man .They would make no sense to most .THEY ARE SPIRITUAL .And MUST BE REVEALED SPIRITUALLY .There is no way to ,with any fullness .Explain the things of the spirit .Because as BORN AGAIN is ?These are ?You only SEE the results .You can not see ?What has taken place in the spirit .It is ALL SPIRITUAL .This is who we have become .A living SPIRIT .What we have and how we overcome ?The BLOOD OF THE LAMB .OUR TESTAMONY .And LOVE NOT our lifes unto DEATH .Because we recond our selves DEAD in CHRIST JESUS .So then ?It is not us who now live .But CHRIST JESUS IN US .So then What is left is OUR OWN PERSONAL TESTAMONY .WHICH is VERY IMPORTANT .YOU HAVE ONE .TELL IT TO ALL .DO NOT BE ASHAMED .YOU MUST SHARE WITH THE BODY AS WE ARE ONE IN CHRIST JESUS .

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
MalkyEL

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 08:35:45 PM »

Gary wrote:
Then I new satan had entered the room .THE LORD started leaving me .I said ?LORD make him leave .HE said ,I can not .I said ,BUT LORD .YOU created the heavens and earth !YOU CAN DO ANYTHING ?HE SAID I can not .YOU must do this .I said ,but LORd .I anm just a weak man .I can not do this .HE SAID YOU MUST .I was full of fear .I yelled loud .GET OUT IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST .HE left fast .The HOLY SPIRIT came back upon me .But I kept saying it anyway .Not fully believing ,I had this power

Nana:
God would never, ever tell someone that we have to take authority over satan, and that He cannot do it for us.  

I suspect that you are a product of the Word of Faith movement which teaches the "believers authority". Most of the things that you speak of in your post is teaching from that venue.  I was in that once myself, until God showed me the Truth in His Word.  

I do not mean to offend you, but your experience has no base in the Word of God.  I believe that this is a sign and wonder of the enemy commendeering both sides of this experience.

If you look at the Scripture, satan could not do anything to Job until God gave him permission.  God created satan and has full control over him.  We have no authority over him.

Even the archangel Micha'el refused to rebuke him, saying that the Lord rebuke him [Jude]

The power of the Holy Spirit that empowers someone to cast out a demon is God's power, not ours.  He may work through us, but we are not in control.  That empowerment comes strictly through/by His will and for His purpose.  We do not have the "right" or the control to "take authority" over the spirit realm.

satan comes masquerading as an angel of light.  he can speak as if God is speaking with an element of truth which makes it appear to be God, but is not.  No where in scripture does God ever tell us that He can do nothing, but it is up to us to control satan.

Not only that - God promised that He would NEVER leave us or forsake us, and by your experience when satan "appeared", and "God" said He was leaving???  I believe you were deceived.

As I stated before, Gary, I do not want to offend you.  I am very familiar with the things you have experienced, but I must warn you that it is false and not of God.

Shalom, Nana

Be mindful of the prisoners, as having been bound with them; of those ill-treated, as also being in the body yourselves.  Hebrews 13:3
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 10:21:25 PM »

Thec bible teaches to reject satan .We MUST reject him .This has nothing to do with OUR FATHER forsaking us .We must chose ..This is one of the 1st things HE taught me .I had power over satan and his followers .I belong to no group except the body of CHRIST JESUS .I follow no man on earth .I could tell you many things .But if you can not see this ?How could you recieve deeper TRUTh .Can you not see ?JESUS was also temted .HE had to reject satan .as satan told HIm .he would give him all those kingdoms if he would fall down before him .DId GOD FORSAKE JESUS CHRIST ?Or did JESUS make a choice to follow GOD THE FATHER  .We have power over satan and the demons .The POWER iis in the name of JESUS CHRIST .Which name is above every name .I feel sorry for you .You do not know this TRUTh .HOW do you think we cast out demons or heal the sick or raise the DEAD .Where do you think this POWER comes from ?As the KINGDOM OF HEAVEN IS POWER .JESUS TOOK POWER away from satan .DO you not SEE ?On the cross ,MY LORD JESUS SAID IT IS FINISHED .HE WON FOR US .
Mat 8:31  So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine
DO you understand ?JESUS CHRIST is our example .We are to do the works ,HE DID BECAUSE HIS SPIRIT dwells with in us .JESUS SAID GREATER WORKS WILL THESE DO ..DO YOU BELIEVE THIS ?
Mat 9:33  And when the devil was cast out, the dumb spake: and the multitudes marvelled, saying, It was never so seen in Israel.
Mat 10:1  And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease
DO YOU UNDERSTAND ,The HOLY SPIRIT was not even given yet here .NOW WE HAVE THE VERY SPIRIT OF JESUS CHRIST WITH IN US .We are NEW CREATURES ,NOT OF THIS WORLD .DO YOU BELIEVE THIS ?
Mar 16:17  And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Do these signs follow you ?Because they follow me and all born again believers .I have raised the dead .cast out demons and healed the sick .in the name above every name JESUS CHRIST .
If YOU KNOW MY FATHER ?ASK HIM .HE desires to speak with HIS CHILDERN as any GOOD FATHER WOULD !But if YOU DO NOT KNOW HIM .SEEK HIM .WE MUST BE BORN AGAIN .THERE IS NO OTHER WAY .

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
MalkyEL

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2004, 08:14:09 PM »

you have raised the dead  Huh

Be mindful of the prisoners, as having been bound with them; of those ill-treated, as also being in the body yourselves.  Hebrews 13:3
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2004, 08:56:43 PM »

Do you think ?one miracle is greater than another ?Do you believe the LIVING WORD OF GOD .
Mar 16:17  And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18  They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Mat 10:8  Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.
DO you believe this ?
JESUS CHRIST SAID WHEN I RETURN ?WILL I FIND FAITH ON THE EARTH ?You see ?We are NO longer of this WORLD ?I know that may be hard to understand ?We are of NEW JERUSALEM
WE are like OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST .HE SAID ?GREATER WORKS WILL THESE DO ?HE IS NO REPECTOR OF PERSONS .In other wards .No one is more than YOU .
You just do not know or understand this TRUTh ?
YOU [IF BORN AGAIN }ARE THE CREATORS SON .YOU ARE SPIRIT 1st ,soul [mind ] 2ND last flesh .But we put the flesh 1st ,which is wrong .The INNER MAN needs to be put 1st as this is YOU .HE will serve GOD and these signs will follow YOU .FAST 3or4 days JUST water read the bible pray .YOU will see more than ever in your life .YOU WILL TALK with YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR .AS HE WANTS THIS VERY MUCH .HE LOVES YOU .

MalkyEL

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2004, 10:59:54 PM »

do you have documented proof?

thanx, Nana

gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2004, 12:48:03 AM »

I do not like hurting your feelings .But niether of you know much about our LORD .
Mat 10:8  Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.
DO YOU BELIEVE THE LIVING WORD ?
Do you understand ?The KINGDOM OF GOD IS POWER .
BUT YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN .YOU MUST BECOME A BABY AGAIN .WE ARE SPIRITS as GOD IS .BUT LIVE IN THIS FLESH ,BUT IT SURE NOT BE IN CONTROL .YOU I CAN NOT SEE BECAUSE the flesh is not you .it will die or be changed .WHAT will be left is a SPIRIT .THis is the real you .JESUS CHRIST did not die for the weak flesh .HE DIED FOR THE INNER MAN .Joh 6:63 KJV  It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
Joh 6:65  And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
Joh 6:66  From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
DO you understand this .?
1Co 15:44  It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of   incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
2Co 5:17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
DO you understand ALL THINGS ?
Those BORN AGAIN have the very SPIRIT JESUS CHRIST HAD IN HIM . HE SAID GREATER WORKS WILL THESE DO ?
Well JESUS raised the dead ,walked on water .healed the sick .cast out demons .BUT HE SAID GREATER WORKS will these do ?
Is it harder for GOD now to do these things ?I think NOT
We just do not see much ,because the houses of prayer ?Will not walk in FAITH .They walk in law ?But the true born again ,they walk in FAITH  .You can not see FAITh .But you do see the results .Everything is for us ?if we only BELIEVE

MalkyEL

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2004, 12:51:56 AM »

thanx, gary, for the added "insight", but I was wondering if you could please share the details of the person that you raised from the dead.

thanx, Nana

gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2004, 01:22:08 AM »

Well one night my wife woke me up .she said my mother killed herself .I said how do you know .She said I just know ?I awoke the kids [4] and we all got dressed .i called my moms house a few times .Then went there .I broke in .She was dead in the bed .Toook a bunch of pills .I felt no beath and she was clod .I put her in the car and drove to the hospital [about 25or30 miles I layed my hand or at times hands on her praying .When I got there she was mumbleing .Then when my BOY daniel was born ,The doctor yelled at the nurse .She dropped my son .HE died .They worked on him about 15 or 20 minutes then gave up .ME and MY wife were praying .Then after everyone had left .You made a sound .The last 2 nurses ran back .They gave him a 3 on the gap score which is very bad .it is rated 1to10   10 being normal .Well they weighed him and took him to my wifes room and left .Then he turned over in his bed .The nurse believed I did .I could not make her know .HE did .But now he is 11 HE is on the honor roll and head of the school patrol and took the national test and is in the top 9% for his age .I have had many MIRACLES in my life every kind .Maybe the LORD wants me to tell others .so when they have a need .They will believe ?

gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2004, 01:50:55 AM »

When born were you not a baby ?Bornagain ,would that not imply a baby again ?1Co 15:45  And so it is written, The first man Adam w
as made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
1Th 5:23  And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
HERE is what you are ?Spirit ,soul and body .The spirit is your real self ,the soul is your mind ,the body is last and must die .JESUS DIED FOR YOUR SPIRIT
2Co 5:6  Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: body does not go .WHAT GOES ?THE spirit which you are 1st above all .
Eph 3:16  That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
Heb 10:16  This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; Joh 3:6  That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:7  Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 1Pe 2:2  As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: Heb 5:13  For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. Co 3:2  I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. Heb 5:12  For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

tribsaint

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2004, 03:43:38 PM »

God would never, ever tell someone that we have to take authority over satan, and that He cannot do it for us.  

First as we have the power of the holy spirit in us as born again christians we do have power over satan which is why and how we are justified and sanctified which is why we can defeat sin...defeating sin is having power over satan read  the new testament its every where telling us that...

secondly i know gary from my other sites is has nothing whatsoever to do with the word of faith hearsay
MalkyEL

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2004, 04:48:57 PM »

tribsaint wrote:
First as we have the power of the holy spirit in us as born again christians we do have power over satan which is why and how we are justified and sanctified which is why we can defeat sin...defeating sin is having power over satan read  the new testament its every where telling us that...

secondly i know gary from my other sites is has nothing whatsoever to do with the word of faith hearsay.

Nana:
We are sanctified and justified through the atoning work of Jesus through His shed blood.  It is a continuing process through the work of the Holy Spirit.  By His indwelling power we are refined, corrected, disciplined, putting the flesh to death, as He brings forth the fruit of the Spirit.

We do not have power over satan by not sinning. satan does not make us sin.

James 1:13 ¶ Let no one being tempted say, I am tempted from God. For God is not tempted by evils, and He tempts no one.
14 But each one is tempted by his lusts, being drawn away and seduced by them .
15 Then when lust has conceived, it brings forth sin. And sin, when it is fully formed, brings forth death.

The statements that Gary is making in this thread are Word of Faith doctrines, ver batem.  As you have stated, they are heresy.

gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2004, 05:17:25 PM »

The power over evil spirits ?Is in the name of JESUS CHRIST .THE name above every name .HE gets all the GLORY and honor.BECAUE HE DID EVERYTHING and still does everything in our lifes .BUT it is TRUE ?WE have the HOLY GHOST within us .And WE being as GOD [spirits ] We control the HOLY SPIRIT by allowing HIm to work though us or not .The inner man will let our LORD have HIS way .But the flesh will not .as it is not GODS FRIEND .If we let the inner man rule in our lifes .WE will be like the 1st church .But the body of CHRIST has been tricked ?We let the flesh rule .We do not understand this inner man ?Whom we are !This is WHO our LORD died for ,The flesh must died .For some reason ?The church has lost this TRUTh ?Because you do not see many WALKING IN POWER .THE KINGDOM OF GOD ,IS POWER .The houses of prayer .Will not walk in FAITH .The JUST WALK IN FAITH .All things become NEW ?Not just a few  ? I see one GREAT problem as we do not FAST ?We do not bring the flesh into sujection .If we did ?We would see the miracles and signs and wonders .The inner being ,will walk perfect in the LORD .HE will hear and OBEY .THe gifts of the SPIRIT are automatic .THEY can not be stopped ,When we get our MINDS RIGHT ?We are in the world ?But NOT of it .Where are we of ?We are of NEW JERUSALEM ,where OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST IS .THE RULES WE LIVE BY ?ARE THE RULES OF NEW JERUSALEM .WE ARE MADE AS THIS PLACE IS MADE ?WE ARE FOREVER .
Gal 4:26  But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
Where we once were of the dust of the earth ,our flesh .we are now of NEW JERUSALEM .THIS IS OUR HOME FOREVER MORE .When HE appears ,We will be like HIm .Because ,We are like HIM NOW .We just do not have our new body .But Your spirit is perfect now ,washed in the BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST .We have GREAT POWER WITH IN US .And this POWER IS WAITING ON YOU ?YOU RELEASE IT and permit it .YOU hAVE BEEN GIVEN THIS GREAT HONOR .You inner being ,Whom you are .Will do the same works as OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST did .except the cross of course .JESUS SAID GREATER WORKS WILL THESE DO ?HE IS NO REPECTOR OF PERSON .Man ,woman or child Nothing is impossiable with GOD .HIS VERY SPIRIT  IS IN YOU ,WILLING .BUT WE HOLD IT BACK .HE IS HERE TO TEACH US {RENEW OUR MINDS ,BECAUSE WE ARE NEW CREATURES }AND TO LIFT UP JESUS CHRIST .HE GLADLY WITH DO THIS .THESE SIGNS SHALL FOLLOW YOU .Only we stop this ?

MalkyEL

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2004, 06:34:48 PM »

thanx, Gary . . .

1 Timothy 4:1 But the Spirit expressly says that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and teachings of demons,

2 Thess 2:7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already working, only he is now holding back until it comes out of the midst.
8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the breath of His mouth and shall destroy with the brightness of His coming,
9 whose coming is according to the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 and with all deceit of unrighteousness in those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, so that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie,
12 so that all those who do not believe the truth, but delight in unrighteousness, might be condemned.

Hsa 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2004, 09:55:32 PM »

I believe the HOLY SPIRIT is the one holding this back .That is another reason ?I believe in the rapture .The HOLY SPIRIT can not leave ?Unless we leave ,because HE dwells in us ,and will NEVER leave us .But ?HE ONLY DWELLS IN THE BORN AGAIN BELIEVER ..But of course HE tells other ,when they are doing evil .Unless there heart has harded ,the they are the ones ?Who are dead as they live ?Because those few can not be saved. I think in many lifes .FAITH IS A FEARFUL thing .But oof course it is not .Because HE has told us ?HE will never leave us or forsake us .And I know this MORE than I know ?I am alive !You appear to be wise ,in the ways of OUR LORD AND SAVIOR !

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the