Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:13:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Bush to expend US capital on PLO state
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bush to expend US capital on PLO state  (Read 2012 times)
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2004, 09:50:47 AM »

This is one thing I do not agree with President Bush on.   Undecided

Lengthy article, but worthy of a careful read.

source: www.jnewswire.com

Bush to expend US capital on PLO state
By Jerusalem Newswire Editorial Staff

November 14th, 2004

JERUSALEM - US President George W. Bush intends to use his second four-year term as leader of the free world to expend America’s “capital” on birthing a Palestinian Arab state on ancient Jewish lands.

So he said in a joint press conference with British Prime Minister Tony Blair Friday at the White House.

Blair was in Washington to push Bush into joining a new initiative to impose “peace” on Israel and the “Palestinians,” the ultimate aim of which is to cool international tempers following the American and British invasion of Iraq.

Chief among Blair’s concerns was a disgruntled Europe, where France is clamoring for the immediate creation of a Palestinian Arab state to offset growing Islamic displeasure with the West.

A top “Palestinian” official, meanwhile, said not to expect anytime soon to see the PA curb anti-Jewish terror – Israel’s primary prerequisite to restarting meaningful negotiations with the Arabs.

Wise investment?

Bush’s statement that he plans “to use the next four years to spend the capital of the United States” on helping to finalize the Muslim re-conquest of Israel’s biblical heartland may have come as a surprise to millions of those who voted for him.

Bush is believed to owe his presidency to the tens of millions of American Evangelical Christians, a sector of society that clings firmly to its belief in the Bible and the Israel-centered plan of divine redemption outlined therein.

The president attempted to counterbalance any frustration over his drive for a Palestinian Arab state by playing to another passion among his conservative constituents – the love of democratic freedom.

The goal of solving the Israeli-Arab conflict by creating a Palestinian Arab state “can be
reached by only one path:the path of democracy, reform, and the rule of law,” he told reporters.

“We're committed to the success of [the upcoming PA] elections, and we stand ready to help. We look forward to working with a Palestinian leadership that is committed to fighting terror and committed to the cause of democratic reform.”

“I believe that the responsibility for peace is going to rest with the Palestinian people's desire to build a democracy... I don't think there will ever be lasting peace until there is a free, truly democratic society in the Palestinian territories that becomes a state,” he continued during a Q&A session.

Bush’s comments, coupled with his refusal to send an official envoy or convene a new peace summit until after the PA had proven itself, were largely seen as a return to the policies laid out in his June 2002 speech, when he demanded the replacement of the current “Palestinian” leadership with one untainted by terrorism and corruption.

That the “Palestinians” failed to meet his demands, however, did not stop Bush from endorsing the Road Map “peace” plan and pushing for more Israeli concessions.

Instead, Bush, along with the rest of the West, pointed to the change in title of one of the PLO’s old “terror-tainted” officials, Mahmoud Abbas (AKA Abu Mazen), as progress.

It remains to be seen if the president will hold fast to his latest demand for “Palestinian” democracy, or will continue to allow the perpetuation of the PLO regime and his failure to end the terrorist onslaught against Israel’s Jews.

Either way, by his own admission, Bush is more determined than ever to see the establishment of a sovereign Islamic state on lands explicitly promised to the Jewish people by the Almighty.

“I think it is fair to say that I believe we've got a great chance to establish a Palestinian state, and I intend to use the next four years to spend the capital of the United States on such a state,” he stated. “I'd like to see it done in four years. I think it is possible.”

‘We want Palestine now!’

France, meanwhile, signaled its desire to move much faster toward the goal of “Palestine.”

"I think it is possible to go faster. The sooner the better, even before the end of [Bush's] mandate," French Foreign Minister Michel Barnier told Europe-1 radio.

Barnier said the US and Europe should consider creating immediately, “perhaps even with temporary borders, this Palestinian state, which is one of the conditions for peace and security for all the countries in this region.”

Back in London, Blair has been under intense pressure to resolve the Israeli-Arab conflict as a means of atoning for his “sin” of joining Bush’s invasion of Iraq – a move that has proven widely unpopular among the public and his own Labour Party.

It was against this backdrop that the prime minister traveled to Washington last week with the hope of persuading Bush to join an accelerated initiative to establish a PLO-headed state.

Terror’s patron

But despite all the talk of democratic reforms, the primary demand of most Israelis remains a full cessation of “Palestinian” anti-Jewish terror.

“As long as [the Palestinian Arabs] continue not taking real steps towards clamping down on terrorist organizations, there would be no change in Israel’s policy,” Prime Minister Ariel Sharon told a gathering in Tel Aviv Thursday night.

It does not appear that demand will be met anytime soon.

The Palestinian Arabs “are building a new house now from the foundations. That is the first task,” and not putting an end to the four-year terrorist war against Israel’s Jews, former PA security chief Mohammed Dahlan told Israel’s Ynet on Saturday.

“If you want, there will be a cease-fire. If you don’t want, there won’t be. The key is in your hands,” he said, clearly indicating the PA’s ability to end the violence if it so chose.

A moment later Dahlan conjured up the long-held assertion that the PA was unable to end the terror because Israel had destroyed its capability to do so.

“Whoever thinks that in a month or two we can send forces [against the terror groups] is living with an illusion. Our regime is destroyed.”

While Dahlan does not currently hold any official position in the PA, he enjoys a loyal and well-armed following in the Gaza Strip.

Maranatha!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Marv

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 10:41:03 AM »

I think a Palestinian state is a necessary part of the war on terror.  The current situation is so perfect to create new terrorists.  There will be plenty of bumps along the way yet.  So many gain power from feeding off the situation.  They will do everything they can to derail meaningful solutions.

If Bush could pull that off, it would be a major accomplishment.

Marv
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 12:05:44 PM »

If a two state Israel is created, you ain't seen terror like the terror God is capable of bringing.   If I understand Eze 35 and 36 right, it will eventually happen, right along with Gods fireworks.

Get ready to fly!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the