Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:15:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  56-year-old gives birth to twins
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 56-year-old gives birth to twins  (Read 5695 times)
Philippians 4:13

"A live dog is better then a dead lion." (Ecc 9:4)

View Profile WWW
« on: November 10, 2004, 04:42:24 AM »

A friend of mine showed me this article. There are a number of debatable topics in this and I was wondering how y'all felt about it. I think the reason I put this in the debate section is this: Do you think it is morally wrong a or sin to use in-vitro fertilization? The lady involved is a single 56 year old women. What do y'all think? I'm not sure about it myself, so I'm going to do some studying about it. Anyways, read on and give me your opinions.

56-Year Old Gives Birth To Twins

From Jonathan Schienberg CNN

Tuesday, November 9, 2004 Posted: 1:12 PM EST (1812 GMT)

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Just three days shy of her 57th birthday, Aleta St. James has given birth to twins.

The baby girl and boy were born at New York's Mount Sinai Hospital by cesarean section.

Francesca was born first, at 9:18 a.m., weighing 5 pounds, 12 ounces, and Gian (pronounced John) followed at 9:19 a.m., weighing 5 pounds, 3 ounces, the hospital said.

"The babies are in excellently good health," said Dr. Jonathan Scher, the physician who delivered the babies. "They are fabulous babies and were well enough to go directly to the well-newborn nursery." He also reported that St. James "is doing just fine."

"When I look into my children's eyes, I feel such love, gratitude and appreciation for having been given these miraculous gifts," St. James said after her birth.

Jane Miller, director of the North Hudson IVF, a fertility clinic in New Jersey, said that St. James, a motivational speaker and life coach, had been her patient for several years before she discussed undergoing in-vitro fertilization. "She's been my gynecological patient for a while. It wasn't like she just came to ask to become a record or be some statistic," Miller said.

"In general I would not recommend someone to get pregnant at this age," Miller added. "Pregnancy at this age can increase the chances of premature birth, which can cause neurological damage to the baby."

MayoClinic.com, a partner of CNN.com, lists these additional risks to pregnancy during a woman's 50s:

Increased miscarriage risks
Gestational diabetes
Pregnancy-induced hypertension
Greater chance of Caesarean delivery
Miller said she agreed to oversee St. James' pregnancy because she was in such good health.

"There was no medical reason that would prevent a successful-term pregnancy with her through the use of donated eggs," Miller said.

Miller noted that in the wake of publicity about St. James, more older women are contacting her about giving birth.

"This is a very risky situation," Miller said. "And when women of this age range call, I'm going to give them a dose of reality."

St. James was bit more optimistic about the possibility of other women following her lead. "At any age it's possible," she said. "It's only over when it's over. ... I don't want to have any regrets when I'm older."

The oldest American to give birth to twins was 57-year-old Judy Cates, on December 9, 1998. The oldest to give birth is believed to be a 63-year-old woman from Highland, California.

St. James is the sister of Guardian Angels founder Curtis Sliwa.

Here is a link (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20041111/od_nm/life_twins_dc_4) to the story so you can read it and form your own opinions. I do want to hear everyone's opinion on this subject. both scripturally if you want to go there or just your views on it.

Thought this something interesting to share with everyone.

God Bless,
Robert

« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 03:05:33 AM by Philippians 4:13 » Logged

[shadow=slategray,left,down]"I would rather live my life as if there is a God, And die to find there isn't, Than live my life as if there isn't, And die to find out there is."[/shadow]  
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2004, 04:52:58 AM »

Grin

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Bronzesnake
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2004, 03:02:00 PM »

I guess this pretty much solves Symphony's question...Are "women smarter?"  Twins at 56 doesn't seem so smart to me fellas!  Wink

Bronzesnake
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2004, 02:14:17 PM »

I guess this pretty much solves Symphony's question...Are "women smarter?"  Twins at 56 doesn't seem so smart to me fellas!  Wink

Bronzesnake

Lips Sealed You just may be right!  Lips Sealed

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2004, 04:31:51 PM »

Well, I saw "Space Martian Gives Birth to Gourgeous Two-Headed Hollywood Actress" on the cover of the National Enquirer yesterday in the grocery checkout line.

Roll Eyes
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2004, 04:44:29 PM »

And I think if a woman uses plenty of makeup, and wears enough jewelry and all the right clothes, she should be able to have a baby at any age she wants.

Smiley
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2004, 01:59:10 AM »

And I think if a woman uses plenty of makeup, and wears enough jewelry and all the right clothes, she should be able to have a baby at any age she wants.

Smiley

HAHAHAHAHA

On the other note I think this woman is beyond folish and really as far as I can tell is very selfish.  She waited until she did everything she wanted to do and the children are like her retirement idea.  They seem like more of a "notch on her belt" than wanting a family.  Maybe it's just me but I get the feeling there is no father in this picture.  Considering some of the "healthiest" people have died of heart failure at young ages I think there is a A LOT MORE to consdier than ones health for concieving.

She'll be 75 when they graduate highschool if she makes it that long. (I am a bit more cautious since my father died at 46) and let's not forget the "average" age of americans is like 72.

Anyhow lets get back into the more important issues here.  Will she have the strength to raise these children?  Will she even be around since she seems to have an active career and in-vitro is pretty darn expensive.  So 'I'm guessing her career makes her quite busy and travel since shes a  "speaker" (what the heck is a life coach?).  Will she have the patience and flexabilty to have children completely KILL your schedule...any schedule or "normal" life?

My mom's only 47 and she wanted to have my son for a few days this summer and she told me "I will definately NOT be having any more children." and "What are those older women THINKING?!?"  I even came over everyday after work for as much as 4 hours at a time so she wasn't even alone.  She told me she forgot just how much energy children take out of you.  

There are so many factors that go into raising children people don't even consider.  Again though, I think she is being very selfish in this and it's about her and not a family or children.

Just my $.02.

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2004, 02:07:17 AM »

Maybe it's just me but I get the feeling there is no father in this picture.
Good guess!  Wink Her ex-boyfriend was the donor and he won't be in the picture.  Lips Sealed

I'd give you a link but apparently I dumped it!

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2004, 02:14:41 AM »

mmmm I predict she will raise a feminst and a homosexual.   Lips Sealed

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2004, 02:49:46 AM »

Lips Sealed

I found it!  Grin
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20041111/od_nm/life_twins_dc_4

The twins were born through an egg donation after two in vitro fertilization attempts. Their biological father, St. James' former boyfriend, will not be part of the children's lives, she said.

St. James is the sister of national radio talk-show host Curtis Sliwa, founder of the New York community patrol group Guardian Angels.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2004, 01:20:55 AM »

Bronzesnake
Looks that way to me too. I guess i'll have to take back part of my statement, about how smart women are.  Sad

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2004, 04:15:43 AM »

mmmm I predict she will raise a feminst and a homosexual.   Lips Sealed

most likely Grin

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
CleansedSpirit

For He has cleansed me, and made me whole!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2004, 11:33:15 PM »

That's sick. Her EX-BOYFRIEND donated so she could have babies?! Just the thought of a BOYFRIEND doing that, even more so EX-Boyfriend.

I read a report about a woman who had that intro-vitro thing, and she was going to have either twins or triplets, I can't remember..but she aborted all but one. Otherwise it was triplets and she aborted one to just have two. Because it wasn't conveniant for her to have so many so she cut back. It's perverse and murderous and sinful...

Psalm 51:1 "Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy loving kindness: according to the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions."

Wot,Wot, it's me, Hon Rosie, with a differant name.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the