Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:52:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Animals and Pets (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Pray for Pets?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pray for Pets?  (Read 4709 times)
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2004, 02:24:53 PM »

I'm not a big animal person myself, although they seem to really like me.  I don't mind them or anything, I just don't want to own them.  I have a sort of grandparent attitude toward them.  I like to give 'em back when I'm done.   Grin
That's me.  Grin I like animals, but I'm not exactly an "animal-lover"...

I do have one animal right now that I'm "praying" over...I wouldn't say I'm praying for the cat, I'm just asking the Lord to help me do what is right concerning the cat.

Mr. Cat has a mysterious seasonal skin allergy that makes him fly into a frenzy at odd moments and bite himself. He can't help it, and we can't do much to help his bites heal until he's good and ready to leave them alone. Usually this only happens in the spring; this year it happened again in the autumn, and now he's starting to do it all over again in winter...
Right now he has a sore that is worse than usual, I've been cleaning it every day and its not helping. He's bitten people by accident before when he's in a "fit", bad bites, and I don't want someone to get hurt by him again...like me... Tongue
So I'm wanting to have him put to sleep, but then I'd have to explain to the vet why I want to kill my cat whose only problem is an itch...
And I keep thinking, since he's healthy in every other way, maybe this time the sore will go away, maybe I'll find some way to keep it under control...he's a great cat, I like his personality, always so friendly and talkative (maybe I need a people-friend instead?) and if only I could fix this one little problem, I wouldn't have to get rid of an otherwise great pet...

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Yoyostick

L.E.A.H. and the Trashmobile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2004, 06:19:08 PM »

Is there any sort of medicine you can give him? What you need to do is go to the vet and say, "I'm thinking about having my cat put down." And he'll ask why, and you'll say "Because he has such-and-such a problem." Since vets are supposed to know a lot about animals, chances are he'll either say "Go ahead, that sounds smart." or he'll offer some alternative like treatment or something. If it's not a good idea to put the cat asleep, the vet will most likely say so.

Jesus is Life!
"For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting LIFE." -John 3:16
Bern

I don't think I'm a llama...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2004, 10:51:18 AM »

You know, I can't remember if I've mentioned this on another thread or not.. but the whole subject of prayng for pets reminds me....

I was watchign a snippet of songs of praise the other day because a guy I know was on it. It featured one of the most well known large churches in the world. They were interviewing people from the church, and one woman (famous lady) said how her pet dog got saved by responding to an altar call! I just thought "what?!?!?!!?" And they didn't even edit it out!

She said the pastor blessed the dog in the service etc as it lined up with all the other people!

Well, either she's barking mad or the whole church is barking up the wrong tree.... makes you wonder if there's any normal christians left in the large churches these days!

Romans 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Reba
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2004, 12:42:07 PM »

I have prayed for pets. Talked of "doggy heaven'.... for children...

to hear how adults  attempt to deminish salvation makes me wonder what is being tought in the 'large churches'...

Bern

I don't think I'm a llama...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2004, 01:09:22 PM »

Perhaps I should have said "well known , popular churches".

Romans 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2004, 06:32:34 PM »

They were interviewing people from the church, and one woman (famous lady) said how her pet dog got saved by responding to an altar call!
Doggone crazy...woman gone crazy, too.

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Reba
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2004, 08:29:32 PM »

Perhaps I should have said "well known , popular churches".

to hear how adults  attempt to deminish salvation makes me wonder what is being tought in the 'large churches'...
"well known , popular churches".... Tongue

I just couldn't resest Bern.....

The quip may be  light hearted... the message is for real. I would think to often folks 'hear' what they want or what ever draws a 'buck'.....
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2005, 11:40:08 PM »

I see nothing wrong for Praying for pets at all! After all God gave them to us and most love us unconditionally if we show the same in return! Grin

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the