Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:11:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Witnessing (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Bringing Jesus to Japan
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bringing Jesus to Japan  (Read 2716 times)
at_his_feet

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2004, 06:01:02 AM »

:)Hello! my name is Sarai! I sure hope in in the right thing! lol Cheesy
Well, i started this post for anyone that is interested in Japanese ministry! And anyone who has been to Japan, studied about it, even if you heard something from someone else! Anything!
I want to join a ministry in Japan one day and teach english and bring the japanese to Christ through music and whatever else it takes! hahaha! Smiley I going to go to a comm.college right here in Las Vegas to get my TESL license thing.  Cheesy
I have been studying Japanese for 2 and a half years but im not close to good enough to go to japan, so i will be taking classes there for that too! yippy! Grin
I hope it works out.
  Anyways, i dont know much about Japanese Language or culture so if anyone have any tips or information about Japan please feel absolutly free to enter it!
What are some things that are different or suprizing? Food? Drinks? Religion? And how do people respond to the gospel there? Do they listen or kick you in the foot and walk away? I dont really know. some countries are more open to christ, i know, than others. But im not sure how Japan is.
Just anything will be wonderful to know!
Okay, thank you so much! Jesus Bless!
at_his_feet

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 06:04:35 AM »

sorry for the bad grammar Embarrassed, im really tired. lol. ill try harder next time, after a few hours of shut eye!
night night!
vicki
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 01:58:13 AM »

Hi Sarai!

My name is Vicki.  My husband & I (+ 2 kids) are in ministry in Japan.  We're from AOG churches in Australia, and we teach English and work at a church in Kyoto with some other Australian missionaries.

http://www.tim.hi-ho.ne.jp/mak-ozaog/nagaokakyo/aog_home_e.htm

It's great that you have a heart for Japan!  Japanese people desperately need to hear the gospel message.   Teaching english is a good way to go about it, as it's a way to meet people.  You don't really need Japanese language to come here though, as you spend most of your time speaking English!  It's easier to study Japanese while you live in Japan, as then you are learning it as a second language and can use it daily in shops and in conversation etc.  You will pick it up quickly then.  So don't let lack of language be a barrier to coming here.

Japanese people are notoriously hard to reach with the Gospel.  They take years to slowly get to the point of making a decision.  But teenagers and people in their 20's are pretty open at this point in time.  You can boldy walk up to people in Starbucks or somewhere and soon start sharing the Gospel and invite them to Christian events.  We're associated with a fast growing youth church in Tokyo doing such a thing.

http://www.jesuslifehouse.com/english/index.htm

I encourage to keep following your heart towards Japan!  It's great that you're already taking steps by doing TESL and studying Japanese - FANTASTIC!

Gambatte - as we say in Japan! Smiley
Shemaya
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2004, 09:53:15 PM »

I'm learning a little japanese if I was old enough I would go with you.The only thing I know is that they're very be a respect.Like your elders and stuff.I pray that you can bring the japanese to Christ
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the