Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:16:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286800 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Mr Euro unveils Mid East Plan
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mr Euro unveils Mid East Plan  (Read 1938 times)
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2004, 04:51:36 PM »

While America is focused on the tightest election is years, Mr. Solona unveils his mid east peace plan to the EU.

source article http://www.euobserver.com/?sid=9&aid=17673

I'm currious to see where this goes, depending on the outcome of todays election.

Solana unveils Mid East plan
02.11.2004 - 17:26 CET | By Andrew Beatty EUOBSERVER / BRUSSELS – EU high representative Javier Solana on Tuesday (1 November) unveiled a series of concrete measures to push forward the establishment of a Palestinian state.

During a meeting of Foreign Ministers in Brussels, Mr Solana presented a seven-page plan, obtained by the EUobserver, outlining the steps the EU can make to ensure a Palestinian state can be established.

The paper outlines how the EU could help build an effective Palestinian security force, hold elections and continue reforms in the Palestinian Authority.

"The window for the two-state solution is closing fast", says the paper, recommending that the EU present a series of measures to the US administration soon after the elections.

The paper represents a bid to inject some momentum into the Middle East Peace Process, which has been moribund since the launch of the EU-backed Roadmap.

Speaking to the press on Tuesday, Mr Solana said he hoped the paper would help the Roadmap – drafted by the EU, US Russia and the UN – be implemented in "a less incremental manner".

The document comes as the Israeli government moves to withdraw from Gaza.

Some in Brussels fear the withdrawal - although welcomed - is being used to dictate the pace of the wider process.

The paper focuses, along with the Egyptian government on assisting the Palestinian police force, however a more robust role should not been ruled out according to one aide.

Pushing forward
If adopted by EU leaders later this week, the paper would represent a substantial push on the EU’s part towards discussing the tough final status issues such as the status of Jerusalem, final borders and right to return.

According to Spanish Foreign Minister Miguel Angel Moratinos, there was unanimous support for the plan among ministers.

EU diplomats said they hoped elections in the Palestinian Authority, regardless of Yasser Arafat’s health, would press Israel to engage in talks.

One diplomat said after elections there would be "no doubt that interlocutors exist".

Ruling out talks with Yasser Arafat, Israel has repeatedly stated that there are no viable negotiators on the Palestinian side.

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Bronzesnake
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 08:49:52 PM »

Very, very interesting my friend.
Funny how more and more world news and events line up with Biblical prophecy...coincidence? I think not!

I wonder who these "interlocutors" might be. It's clear that there are moderates on both the Israeli and Palestinian side, however, the Palestinians have always managed to silence their moderates.

Nice work as usual 2ndTim.

Bronzesnake
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 03:41:29 AM »

Yes, things are deffinately getting interesting over there.   We are getting very very close now for the domino's to fall.

Exciting times we live!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

artputey

Godless heathen

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 06:06:49 AM »

Sounds like a plan

I've got no hands to tie behind my back
And I'm sparkin' like a heart attack
thomas2004

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 03:01:34 PM »

I'm not overly familiar with biblical prophecies.  What sort of stuff do you see falling into line with said predictions?
Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2004, 03:35:55 PM »

Whew. I'm glad you asked that thomas. That's a loaded statement if i've ever seen one. Just wanted to throw out to you that there are indeed Prophecies being fulfilled and things happening that are lining up with Scripture. We got a few on here who disagree, but don't get discouraged. I have like 2 minutes before i have to go pick up my father, but hopefully if i have some time in the next few days i'll compose a response and try to hit some of the major prophecies being fulfilled and what's coming down the pipe in the near future...till then do some searching of your own friend. Check out Matthew 24 i believe, and do some studying on that piece of Scripture, then if you feel brave, tackle Daniel 9:25-28. In order to understand Biblical Prophecy one must learn the timeline and the place Israel has in Prophecy before one learns the Prophecies with a new light. Anywho i'm gonna hop off now, feel free to check out in the Bible study section of this site the thread "The seventy weeks of Daniel" That may help out a little. I hiope you find something worthwile this weekend...i'll be back monday with that post...lord willing. God Bless.

IN His Service,
Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
Kalthzar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2004, 04:22:26 AM »

awww man jemidon went, it was getting interesting.....

Question though, since its a prophecy can't you only speculate until the moment has passed? in which case its too late...?

"Men speak of killing time when time slowly killing them"
"We make war that we may live in peace"
"Practical politics consists in ignoring the facts"
"Everyone's quick to blame the Alien"
"Multiplication vexes me, Division is as bad, The ru
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2004, 07:04:42 PM »

Considering Arafat is on his death bed, things are shaping up even more now.

To answer the question in the simplest way, it all boils down to peace in Israel.   Peace between the Arabs and the Jews will become a catalist for everything else that happens in Bible prophecy.   If you havent noticed, no matter what happens in the world, 9-11, Elections, war in Iraq, the worlds attention always faithfully returns to the problem between the Arabs and the Jews in Israel.   America has always been a leading country in helping this initiative.   The EU has made it abundatly clear that THEY want to take the reigns from America and bring about the peace.

Now, most (not all) bible scholars view the EU as a revived Roman Empire, or the beast that Daniel and Revelation describes.   I tend to agree with this view.   If this is the case, then they must rise to power far above that of America.     This trend is also becomming evident, by the EU's economic might alone.    

Heres what I think we are going to see in the near future.

1.  Arafat dies, and the PLO will become even more unsettled than they are even now.  (not that I really think this would happen, but it would be really bizzare if Arafat suddenly came out of his coma in excellent health huh?  I have never thought He was the antichrist, but that thought did cross my mind after hearing about his ailment)

2.  This will gravely threaten the peace process in Israel due to rioting and major unrest.  Arafat barely had control when He was alive, I'm currious to how Arabs respond when his death is announced.

3.  I think we will see the EU increase its drive to take over the peace process by stepping in and helping the PLO settle its unrest, either by means of force (EU troops) or perhaps helping them select a strong leader who is willing to work out the issues with the Israeli's.   (I don't like guessing who the Antichrist might be, but I am really starting to think Javier Solona could be the one.   There are many many indications of this....if He's not, and the end comes soon, He will certainly be a player on a grand scale.   He is simply involved in too many things not to play a part).

4.  I think we will see an increase in terrorism around the world.  The threat of WMD's on a grand scale has been spoken about greatly by the popluar media, and this would line up with scripture where Jesus said mens hearts would fail them for fear of what is happening in the world, and the heavens being shaken, I think this would be a likely scenario.   Its only a matter of time before something worse than we could imagine happens like this.   Use of Nukes, or bio weapons?   If the Lord tarries, we will witness something of this sort.  

5. As all these things are happening, The lines of morality will become more and more blurred for those who are not firm in the word.  Already seen in the recent election, this will challenge many believers and unbelievers alike, even differing with one another on such things.  The divide we see in America will deepen I think.   As this happens more and more, persecution of the Church will increase.   I believe this will lead to a major revival in the Church.  

These are just a few thoughts that have been going on in my mind.

Now, I could certainly be wrong about much of these, but there is no question in my mind we are standing on the edge of eternity.   No matter how it all unfolds, it wont be any surprise to God, and it shouldn't be any surprise to the Body of Christ that we are rapidly approaching the Lords return.   The birth pangs Jesus spoke about are becomming more than evident, and that will only increase in frequency and strength.

Its time for believers to put on the whole armour of God.  

Stand firm....Watch....And keep your hand on the plow!  

Jesus IS coming soon!

Maranatha!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2004, 09:50:39 AM by 2nd Timothy » Logged

Tim

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2004, 12:51:49 PM »

2nd Timothy Said:

Its time for believers to put on the whole armour of God.  

Stand firm....Watch....And keep your hand on the plow!  

Jesus IS coming soon!

Maranatha!

Amen Brother!

If this isn't the end times, it is certainly a preview of the end times. Today wouldn't be quick enough to suit me.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the