Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:07:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Negativity in my family
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Negativity in my family  (Read 1680 times)
pam4him

Romans 8:28

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2004, 01:46:47 AM »

Hi everyone,
    I need help with a problem. Right now, I live with my 77 yr old mom. I am on disability and have enormous medical bills and she has problems with her legs, etc. so we help each other out. I truly wish that I had a place of my own and a way to support myself, but I have accepted that this is where God wants me to be for right now.
    The problem is that my mom is so negative concerning just about everything. She thinks people are out to get you and only do things for what they will gain from it. She tells me that "people are crazy"-that is her answer to the evil in the world! She is constantly telling me bad things she has heard and read and imagines bad things happening. She thinks that men are not to be trusted-even though I have never married or had a boyfriend because of my medical situations, I know that this isn't true, but it still bothers me. She had a very rocky marriage to my dad and it ended in divorce... I know that colors her views, but it doesn't make them right.
    I am not by any means perfect or even close, but I have had so much happen to me medically speaking in the last 32 yrs since the age of 12 and I still try to see the silver lining in situations-I live by Romans 8:28-it gives me such comfort to know that whatever I am going through, it has meaning in God's eyes. Yet, I have found myself more complaining at times...it is hard being around all that negative stuff and not having it rub off on you.
    If I say something positive (and I hope uplifting), she counters with something that can bring me down. I love my mother and I respect her. I know that that is what God tells us to do, but it takes a toll on my spirit being around all that negativity. I am tired of the arguements that sometimes happen, so I try to keep my opinions to myself.
    I listen to Christian music and teachings on the radio daily, go to church faithfully, pray, etc. so that helps with keeping my spirit healthy, but being human, I still sometimes am taken up in the negative talk. My mom claims Christianity, but sometimes I am worried about her...can anyone tell me how to best deal with this situation? I have been thinking about it for awhile and need some advice from a Christian point of view. Thank you so much for any help or suggestions!!
    Blessings to everyone,
    Pam Smiley

The sheep in the Shepherd's arms looks only into the face of the Shepherd and not to the wolves nearby who seek to harm him.
No Gray Areas

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 06:02:42 AM »

I wish I had an answer that would solve your situation, my heart goes out to you and your Mum. Is your Mum born again?
I will be praying for both of you.

God bless
Suz

Suz

No Gray Areas
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the