Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:44:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Mid-life Cries
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mid-life Cries  (Read 8037 times)
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2004, 08:03:22 AM »

LOL ! Cheesy

None of that was really true...cept maybe the middle age part  Lips Sealed

I neer liked the middle of the road...and I can`t be  found in   the middle of the class ...room  ...more likely the corner  Tongue

I do have it good tho...hearth...health... herd...and heaven in my heart...got my own little 4H Club goin here  Grin

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2004, 04:59:32 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Shylynne,

"Heaven in your heart" is the most precious GIFT. It is amazing how everything else in life is so positively impacted with Jesus in your heart. The fruits of the Spirit are priceless.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2004, 10:45:44 AM »

Tic-tac to the fridge, and put up your toes  Wink

BECAUSE  

I don't do windows because... I love birds and don't want one to run into a clean window and get hurt.

I don't wax floors because... I am terrified a guest will slip, hurt themselves, I'll feel terrible and they may sue me.

I don't mind the dust bunnies because... They are very good company, I have named most of them, and they agree with everything I say.

I don't disturb cobwebs because... I want every creature to have a home of their own.

I don't Spring Clean because... I love all the seasons and don't want the others to get jealous.

I don't pull weeds in the garden because... I don't want to get in God's way, he is an excellent designer.

I don't put things away because... My husband will never be able to find them again.

I don't do gourmet meals when I entertain because... I don't want my guests to stress out over what to make when they invite me over for dinner.

I don't iron because... I choose to believe them when they say "Permanent Press".

I don't stress much on anything because... "A Type" personalities die young and I want to stick around and become a wrinkled up crusty ol' woman!!!!   Cheesy

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2004, 07:04:52 PM »

Minnie Pauz! If you dont get it, you aint there yet...or you`re a male trodding where angels fear to tread...so shoo!  Tongue

Gals, welcome to  MIDLIFE! You need a good laugh and a new attitude! check out the cartoons, this is one cool site!  Cheesy

http://www.minniepauz.com/

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2004, 08:20:44 AM »

ROFL!  Grin Great link! Entertaining and informational!

Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2004, 11:15:59 AM »

ah...very peri happy!  Grin
what is it the men fear so  Huh

LennyToo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2004, 05:57:58 AM »

First time here,and I'm enjoying reading through what must be old news for most of you. I just had to reply to this post. I am 45;soon to be 46. If I want to know what color my hair was (before39), I either have to stop shaving my pits, or go dig out pictures. This year I decided that I wanted, and felt after putting 2 kids through college, and enduring my 14 year old "baby" while dealing with the big"M", to have a proper MID-Life Crisis. We couldn't afford it!!! Hubby caught me trying to sale off all his tools on ebay (joke). Family made me get a cell phone; all the travel brochures coming in the mail gave me away....I may have impared memory now days, but hey the sense of humor is in tact (Thank you Lord)
To ease your pain over your "wild hairs", I'm going to share a moment from my life.
I was standing in line to check out at Kroger. There was a young, trim, stylish (OHHH  BOOOOHOOOO) lady in line behind me with her 4 year old angelic daughter. The little girl says to her Mommy, "Mommy, look at that lady's hair. It's so funny".
Of course, the poor young mother turned bright red! I had to laugh, as the child was stating the obvious; I do have funny hair. 1)My hair is silver, 2) it is cut 1 1/2" short and 3) i spike it with freeze. (got this do when I served as a correctinal officer to keep from losing our home as my hubby has MS and became disabled).
I consoled that poor mother and told the child, "Honey, I am the porcupine Nana". Asked her if she wanted to touch my hair...she declined the offer, but she did want to help me unload my gorceries....being a Nana, I let her.
By the time we were done, she wanted to come home with me, and her mom was laughing along with us.
the way I figure it, the hairdo is fair warning that there's a granny with attitude comin' your way!!!
P.S. God delivered me from that awful job, and if my hubby prays long enough, he may yet see me with hair longer than his again!!!!
Be blessed....not stressed!!!
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2004, 06:18:14 AM »

First time here,and I'm enjoying reading through what must be old news for most of you. I just had to reply to this post. I am 45;soon to be 46. If I want to know what color my hair was (before39), I either have to stop shaving my pits, or go dig out pictures. This year I decided that I wanted, and felt after putting 2 kids through college, and enduring my 14 year old "baby" while dealing with the big"M", to have a proper MID-Life Crisis. We couldn't afford it!!! Hubby caught me trying to sale off all his tools on ebay (joke). Family made me get a cell phone; all the travel brochures coming in the mail gave me away....I may have impared memory now days, but hey the sense of humor is in tact (Thank you Lord)
To ease your pain over your "wild hairs", I'm going to share a moment from my life.
I was standing in line to check out at Kroger. There was a young, trim, stylish (OHHH  BOOOOHOOOO) lady in line behind me with her 4 year old angelic daughter. The little girl says to her Mommy, "Mommy, look at that lady's hair. It's so funny".
Of course, the poor young mother turned bright red! I had to laugh, as the child was stating the obvious; I do have funny hair. 1)My hair is silver, 2) it is cut 1 1/2" short and 3) i spike it with freeze. (got this do when I served as a correctinal officer to keep from losing our home as my hubby has MS and became disabled).
I consoled that poor mother and told the child, "Honey, I am the porcupine Nana". Asked her if she wanted to touch my hair...she declined the offer, but she did want to help me unload my gorceries....being a Nana, I let her.
By the time we were done, she wanted to come home with me, and her mom was laughing along with us.
the way I figure it, the hairdo is fair warning that there's a granny with attitude comin' your way!!!
P.S. God delivered me from that awful job, and if my hubby prays long enough, he may yet see me with hair longer than his again!!!!
Be blessed....not stressed!!!

Welcome to Christians Unite Site LennyToo, Grin

I am Severely Disabled, So, I know how things are!

Blessings,  \o/

MsGuidedAngel

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2004, 05:37:53 PM »

Hello LennyToo,

I see this is your first post, so WELCOME!!!!

You sound like a very interesting lady, and I look forward to reading your posts. We have many sweet Christians here who enjoy some fun with their posts, and it looks like you enjoy humor also. I sincerely hope that you enjoy Christians Unite.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2004, 07:51:29 PM »

This year I decided that I wanted...to have a proper MID-Life Crisis. ROFL!!

I am formerly the gal known as Irish...and I am pre-mid ... been claiming a crisis since i`m 30 something ...no one questions it  Grin

Welcome to CU porcupine Nana!  

Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2004, 08:31:04 PM »

Paranoia  

I had a conversation with a friend today about medical
ailments. He admitted to being a little overly paranoid when
it came to the possibility of having a medical emergency.

Those of you that know me personally, (yes Karen)
know that I too, suffer from the ailment called
"Paranoia Usually Turned Zany"
or what is commonly known as "PUTZ" Syndrome.

Do you suffer from PUTZ? You can easily tell.
My friend said he went to his doctor after becoming
alarmed with a small twitch, in his arm. On occasion
his arm would *twitch*. Fearing the worst... like.. oh...
Polio or something..... he went to the doctor. He was
diagnosed as... well... having a twitch in his arm.

PUTZ.... not him. The Syndrome.

Which made me recall a similar experience.
Well not similar, but paranoid.

I had a small bump on my bicep. A good 2 inches
up from my elbow. I panicked. Hey.... it was less that a foot
from my breast, perfectly within "panic range" for me.
I went to the doctor and was diagnosed as having a
bump. An imperfection. *gasp* I know. Hard to believe.

But my doctor then sat me down. Moved his hand
over his mouth, rested his elbow on his knee, leaned
forward...looked at me.....ran his hand through his hair
and blurted the following...

"When i tell you to check for lumps on your breast, i
mean ON your breast, underarms too, but don't come
to me with a mosquito bite on your butt and ask me
if you have prostate cancer"

PUTZ....not the Syndrome. The Doctor.

I recently quit smoking. Which makes sense considering
my fear of illness. I'm even watching what I eat.
As opposed to eating blindfolded, that is.
"Condiments" my doctor says, "are often fat free.
So I stocked up on ketchup, mustard, relish, vinegar
and the like. But you know. I have questions.

Vinegar?
It makes me nervous, I mean, vinegar eats through
that crap that corrodes my coffeemaker, I don't think I want that
in my gut.

And what about relish?
I just won't eat it. Upon close inspection, I realized
I will never eat it simply because i don't like the
resemblence to something you can find in a kids nose.

Ketchup is just mutilated tomatoes. Tomato blood. I
can't eat tomato blood.

And mustard? Hey that's stuff Mr. Happy puts on my
chest with flour and newspapers when I have bronchitis,
a mustard plaster. I can't spread chest medicine on my
sammich.

Which leaves basically mayo and butter. Both of which
are way high in fat. And to be honest, so is a nice fresh
fat loaf of wonder bread. Deli meats are out, sodium
and un-named animal parts and such... so.. my only recourse
is to eat rice cakes and dream about shrimp cocktail and
chocolate gooey dessert of death.

Maybe I'm just PARANOID about needing to watch
what I eat!!! Yeah!!! Maybe I look GREAT!!!!!!!
*Brushing rice cake crumbs off my lap*
And maybe I really am a Goddess.
*grumble*

~from another very humorous website (from what i`ve read)
chronicles of The Lady named Dave
http://www.pipcom.com/~pepe/Dave.html

Melody
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2004, 08:40:38 PM »

Tic-tac to the fridge, and put up your toes  Wink

BECAUSE  

I don't do windows because... I love birds and don't want one to run into a clean window and get hurt.

I don't wax floors because... I am terrified a guest will slip, hurt themselves, I'll feel terrible and they may sue me.

I don't mind the dust bunnies because... They are very good company, I have named most of them, and they agree with everything I say.

I don't disturb cobwebs because... I want every creature to have a home of their own.

I don't Spring Clean because... I love all the seasons and don't want the others to get jealous.

I don't pull weeds in the garden because... I don't want to get in God's way, he is an excellent designer.

I don't put things away because... My husband will never be able to find them again.

I don't do gourmet meals when I entertain because... I don't want my guests to stress out over what to make when they invite me over for dinner.

I don't iron because... I choose to believe them when they say "Permanent Press".

I don't stress much on anything because... "A Type" personalities die young and I want to stick around and become a wrinkled up crusty ol' woman!!!!   Cheesy

Despite the fact that this thread is quite old, it was very timely.  I run my own business and have learned that dust bunnies, fingerprints (and nose prints) on the windows and cobwebs are what make my home so homey.  I only notice them when I have strangers popping through the door and then see my house through their eyes.

I'm framing this and hanging it in the entryway.

Oh....and I no longer have to worry about dust bunnies.  My 12 year old solved this by tying a superman cape on his ferret, who happens to love "under" anything and coincidentally dusts with his little cape (and furry belly).

I don't think I've ever had a mid-life crisis (I'll be 49 in June) but at 30 I did get a butterfly tattoo on my ankle; at 40 I buzzed my mid-back length hair down to 1/4" (at the instigation of my husband and three sons who helped cut it) and am now, as I close in on 50, contemplating a nose ring.  It may have to be purple.

OLDENOUGH
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2005, 04:30:37 AM »

GrinHi everyone, new to the site, flipping thru and saw this thread and was really ROFL!! I have to tell you about me! At 48 &1/2, and 20 yrs of being single, met and became engaged to a wonderful Christian man, with two young boys at home (12 & 6). Last month, found out that the past 3 yrs I and the Dr tho't was entering the big M, was actually coming OUT OF IT!!  The night sweats are almost gone! Still having some mood swings tho, which only the fiancee really notices. Now, just turned 50 and am going to be mother to these two young boys when I should be a granny! Thankfully, my 28 yr old son doesn't have any kids yet! I was recently asked if the 1 yr old nephew of my fiancee was my grandson, guess what kind of look that MAN got!  Hint: Angry  Definately got a lot of laughs from the other sites mentioned and hope to talk to all of you!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2005, 03:09:18 PM »

OLDENOUGH,

WELCOME!!! and Congratulations on your recent plans.

I look forward to our Christian fellowship.

We have many sweet Christians here. Jump in and have some fun.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 4:7  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the