Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:26:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Christianity is NOT real!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christianity is NOT real!  (Read 5096 times)
BRJN

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2003, 02:47:02 PM »

If Christianity is unreal, how do you explain people like Mother Teresa?  Were she and her deeds all illusions, too?  Grin

Remember that she said she was motivated by love for Jesus.
BRJN

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2003, 02:52:41 PM »

...evolution it's just a guys theory just like a book. But evolution has no evidence.

Actually, there IS evidence for microevolution - that is, change within a species over time - but there is not evidence for macroevolution -one species becoming another.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2003, 02:57:03 PM by BRJN » Logged
Ralph

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2003, 06:03:24 PM »

Freedom Writer: If God wants to change your mind about that, He will.
underground

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2003, 02:16:14 AM »

i don't see why you can call this person a hypocrite after just one post.

i myself was a christian until i reached the age of reason, yet i have tolerance for my fellow man even if he does mingle with the plethora of egocentric mythologies floating around the world today.

some people "love" the sinner, hate the sin.

i find myself liking and loving others, yet showing my disdain for their primitive short-sighted beliefs.

it's the same mentality, yet i would gamble to say i am more tolerant than many christians say they are.

i guess i'll just address the original topic before the poster's integrity was challenged.

i think that christianity is no different than any other wrong belief. it can be inspired by the same sources as any other completely wrong idea. a child can be taught christianity is true just as a child can be taught the earth does not move, both might be sensible at the time, show no immediate signs of error. no matter when or how a belief is set on someone, connections are made. and when one build's their logic around any simple statement (the earth does not move. there is a god.) it's hard to get back to the original idea without sifting through the piles of other ideas brought forth by it. which brings me to a important lesson when dealing with ANYTHING:

if you start from a wrong point, no matter how smoothly or logically you advance, you'll never make it back to the road of truth.

so when dealing with the unmoving earth, anybody who built upon the idea got a shock when the truth emerged, but as you can see, most of us are over it.

christianity won't gloss over quite as easily, this concept has had millenia of compiling on a wrong starting point, and, need i mention, it's a concept people may live their entire lives by. if the unmoving earth is a two story house, christianity is a skyscraper in terms of how much logical, social and emotional stock is put into it. if there was a way to entirely disprove the thing, and there isn't: there isn't a way to entirely prove or disprove anything, i'm pretty sure many christians will be sent to a psych-ward, i wouldn't be surprised if there were suicides either, not just christianity, ANY religion or high held belief.

i was a christian before i reached the age of reason, it wasn't that old of an age, some things i thought about blew my mind on many subjects. some people can become atheists, some can't. i was never a fundamentalist kind of guy, my skyscraper wasn't too big. i destroyed my foundation and it didn't leave too much of a mess. i couldn't imagine the turmoil a priest would have to go through though, so i don't blame people too much for being wrong. i only blame people for not doing what is right. i'm not interested in if you believe in the tooth fairy, i'm only interested with what you do with the money on your pillow.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2003, 02:19:42 AM by underground » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the