Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:19:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Christianity is NOT real!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christianity is NOT real!  (Read 5138 times)
questions

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2003, 05:48:35 AM »

Hi BDoggy,

"why do you think that evidence and faith are in opposition to one another?"

Evidence can be factually proven whereas something believed because of faith cannot. There is no way to prove by evidence the bible is the word of God. One has to believe that by faith. There is no way to believe Jesus is God other than through faith.

"what do you think faith is?? "

Faith is a belief not based on physical or real evidence.

"i stand by my words."

I don't have a problem with that other than slightly knit picking about the difference betwen faith and blind faith. But I am not a knit picker, so will leave it go. Some would make the argument Christianity is blind faith, whereas others leave it go at faith. The key is, and you agree, faith is involved.

Regards,

questions
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2003, 05:57:11 AM »

"For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own likings, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander into myths."  II Timothy 4:3,4
BDoggy

Have you heard? I broke up with Mary Jane! :)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2003, 04:25:35 PM »

questions-i will agree that christianity can not be absolutely proven, but there is a great deal of strong evidence in favor of it. and yes, as i've said before, all the evidence in the world will not convince someone who really doesn't want to beleive. but, many people have made the decision to put their faith in Christ, because of the overwhelming evidence to support it. Hank Hanegraaff, the president of the Christian Research Institute, used to be a huge skeptic of the christian faith. after closely examining all of the scientific evidence for creation, and the historical evidence for the resurrection of Christ & the inspiration of Scripture, he then made the decision to become a christian. the point that i'm trying to get across is that christianity is not a blind leap into the dark, it is a step into the light. nobody, after becoming a christian has to 'turn off' there intellect. i challenge you; instead of asking what is 'possible', ask yourself what is 'probable'. then, with an open mind, examine for yourself the scientific evidence for creation, & the historical evidence for the christian faith. if you do this with an open mind, you will see that while other theories may be technically 'possible', the existence of God, the resurrection of Christ, & the divine inspiration of Scripture is the only 'probable' explanation.

"Virtually every theological heresy begins with a misconception of the nature of God."
                                            -Hank Hanegraaff
bluelake

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2003, 01:23:58 AM »

"the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved, it is the power of God" 1Cor.1:18  Grin
A fool has said in his heart, "there is no God." Are you a fool?

bluelake
BDoggy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2003, 01:50:59 AM »

bluelake-what in the world are you talking about?? and for that matter, who in the world are you talking to?? Huh i'm familiar with the verses you quoted, but what point are you trying to make with them?Huh?

"Virtually every theological heresy begins with a misconception of the nature of God."
                                            -Hank Hanegraaff
Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2003, 04:49:38 AM »

Freedom_writer you say that Christianity is not real?  For your sake you better be 100% right because you know what, when you die you can not come before the Lord, fall on your face and ask for another chance.  This is your only chance while you are living, when you die it will be to late.  Believeing in God is like air.  You know that air exists.  How can you prove that.  And without air you would die, same as if Jesus didn't die on the cross for us.  We would be dead.  Being a Christian is about faith and once you are done with that task great is the reward!!!!!!!

Kris

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Jesus is our first, last and only hope.  Without Him we would be nothing.
Seven_Tides
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2003, 12:37:02 PM »

It seems our friend freedom writer has not responded to our
posts. He posted the one time, but he hasn't responded to
any of the replies. Either he was trying to start up trouble, or
he is just being misguided.

2 Timothy 2:16

"But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase
unto more ungodliness."

This is referring to freedom_Writer. Grin
asaph
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2003, 09:57:15 PM »

wake up people of course they can scare you with threats about what happens to you when you die because you have no way of proving them wrong.. so how do they know. because a book they FOUND said so! give me a break...
please open your minds to tolerance and stop preaxhing and start living!
Christianity is NOT real!
You may be right. But what are you going to do with Jesus?

John 14
6 Jesus said to him, I am the way and the reality and the life; no one comes to the Father except through Me.

asaph

Seven_Tides
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2003, 10:04:44 PM »

Hey bro!

What Bible did that quote come from? Grin

God bless you bro.
someguy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2003, 12:16:12 AM »

Kris777 your response is a bit comical considering....

You seem to be trying to "scare him with threats about what happens when you die".

And by the way you CAN prove air exists....
asaph
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2003, 01:45:55 AM »

Hey bro!

What Bible did that quote come from? Grin

God bless you bro.
Seven Tides,
It's from the Recovery Version. Living Stream Ministries is the publisher. You can find it online at:
http://online.recoveryversion.org/index2.asp

The Lord Bless you Too!

asaph
Krazeekkc

I'm a Christian!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2003, 07:59:29 PM »

Actually, when we become Christians and believe in God something in us changes, we can feel His presence we have plenty evidence! (at least most of us feel that way) Also same thing with evolution it's just a guys theory just like a book. But evolution has no evidence. And the Bible; God does. God has plenty of evidence!
BDoggy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2003, 07:06:54 PM »

krazeekkc-yes, i can realate to what you're saying, as i'm sure most believers can. there have certainly been times when i have 'felt' the presence of God. but, i think it is dangerous to trust in our feelings. feelings are just so unreliable; they come & go, and we really have no control over them whatsoever. one minute we feel a certain way, and the next minute we can feel totally different. i mean, i don't need to 'feel' God's presence in order to know He is there. i know He is in my life, because He has told me so in His word, so even though sometimes, i may not feel His presence at all, i still know that He is there. our faith should never be in feelings. there's nothing wrong with emotions as God created us with them, but our faith should be in God's word, not our feelings.

-Hank Hanegraaff
Seven_Tides
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2003, 07:48:17 PM »

Yes, I'll have to agree with you both Krazeekkc and BDoggy.

I know God is around, but I also feel His presence.  He seems
to be always guiding me to the right path.

Anyways, nice posts.

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2003, 09:04:09 PM »

Um....I think Freedom_Writer is long gone...

He only posted his initial post.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the