Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:39:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  How do I stop this?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How do I stop this?  (Read 1701 times)
pam4him

Romans 8:28

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2004, 12:47:13 AM »

Hi to all of you!
     I am new on the board and I am glad that I can talk to other Christians! Smiley Can anyone help? A relative who I am very close to talks about people a lot and I want to find a way to tell her (in love) about it. She is really sensitive and probably would be hurt by my comments...I don't want this to happen, but it's hard to be around her. She is a Christian and attends the same church as I do.
    I read the posts on gossip- They are so right on the mark!What do you suggest? I do not want her to be offended.
    Thank you all for any and all help!
      In Christ,
       Pam

The sheep in the Shepherd's arms looks only into the face of the Shepherd and not to the wolves nearby who seek to harm him.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 01:22:19 AM »

1Corinthians 13:5 "Love...thinks no evil..."

The Christian who gossips doesn't really care about others, especially the ones they're gossiping about. They really care more about themselves. They just want to have juicy information to attract others to themselves. The apostle Paul said in Philippians 2:3, "Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. 4, Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others."

Paul also said in Romans15:2, "Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, leading to edification." Only words of edification, building up should come out of your mouth as Paul also teaches in Ephesians 4:29, " Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Only Good words!

Only Encouraging words!

No tearing down words!

Jesus teaches us in Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'" Wow! That means if I don't want people gossiping about me, She shouldn't do it either!

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 08:19:29 AM »

Hi to all of you!
     I am new on the board and I am glad that I can talk to other Christians! Smiley Can anyone help? A relative who I am very close to talks about people a lot and I want to find a way to tell her (in love) about it. She is really sensitive and probably would be hurt by my comments...I don't want this to happen, but it's hard to be around her. She is a Christian and attends the same church as I do.
    I read the posts on gossip- They are so right on the mark!What do you suggest? I do not want her to be offended.
    Thank you all for any and all help!
      In Christ,
       Pam

Sounds like she's just gotten into a habit of it!  Undecided How I handle it in real life depends on the person/situation. And I can tell you that it rarely goes over well initially!  Lips Sealed

If I can change the subject, I do. That works a lot of the time. When that doesn't work, I try to bring up something good about the person being spoken of. That also usually works. When that one doesn't, I tell the person that I'm not comfortable listening to gossip. That one always works but it does cause hard feelings no matter how gently you state it! Embarrassed Though there have been times that I've been thanked - it's always MUCH later!  Tongue

That's when it's happening! What I prefer is to converse about my own problem with gossip with the person before it starts!

It's hardest when it's a family member! But then I just have to remind myself that I answer to God and that does make it easier!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 22, 2004, 08:21:42 AM by sincereheart » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the