Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:57:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  church?!?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: church?!?  (Read 1005 times)
emptyemerica

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2004, 10:48:15 AM »

I don't know if i'm wrong but i like going to church but i'd rather be somewhere else....Anyone else feel that way....Like i hate the singing, its so long and boring and just alot of times i can't wait to get out of there and leave....I know i'm thinking wrong but i can't help it.... Lips Sealed
graphxguy

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 11:10:10 PM »

Sounds like you may need to look for another church, of course at God's leading.

One thing I'd like to caution you about is your attitude while at church. It's very easy to lose focus on why we actually attend a worship service. Sure the instruction and teaching one receives from a pastor is vital to our walk in the faith. But ultimately it's about worship, taking one day out of the week to gather together as a body of believers and give praise, honor and glory to God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

At one time in my life I felt exactly like you. Then my family and I visited another church and that particular worship service opened my eyes to my own shortcoming in how my heart was prepared for worship......it wasn't. I focused on the style of music and how long and boring the songs were instead of actually paying attention to the words in the songs and pouring out praise and honor to my God through them. I found that once I prepared my heart for worship even before I left my house and entered the sanctuary, my worship experience was much different.

How did I prepare? I took the time to concentrate on God and God alone. I put aside everything that may have happened during the week, any frustrations of that morning or the night before, and took time to pray and have Jesus prepare me to be open to everything and anything He had for me that day. Once I "turn my eyes unto Jesus" the "world becomes strangely dim" and I have "joy unspeakable" no matter what song is sung in church.

I can't help wondering if there's any other part of church that you're struggling with. Are you growing, are you serving or do you just take up pew space? I know that may sound harsh but please take it in love. It's not meant to sound arrogant.

As far as finding another church to attend, that is definitely something you only want to do at God's prompting. He has a perfect will for your life and that includes the church you attend.

I hope this helps.

In Christ Alone,

Stephen
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the