Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:02:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  What is there to believe...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is there to believe...  (Read 11977 times)
Bronzesnake
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2004, 02:04:26 PM »

lol
That's a little offensive that you'd dismiss my views (openness view) so quickly simply because they're in opposition to orthodox.  I am a believer.

Being a believer in our own "views" won't get us to Heaven my friend. Believing 100% in the Word of God does. If our beliefs are contrary to God's Word, then we are wrong...period.

Bronzesnake.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2004, 05:10:52 PM »

anduril quote...

Quote:
As I mentioned, I don't know where this will lead. See what happens tomorrow, turn the page

I agree with 2nd Tim and BRNZ - Don't wait.

I have lost my wife, she was killed. I know though, she will be with God now, (the Rapture.)

Rev 3:20  Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Knowing 2T or BRNZ one of them have posted a prayer, of salvation for you.
Pray that prayer, mean it with all your heart. God will hear you and come to be with you. You will find that you will be at peace, with yourself. This is because of Gods, presents with you.

D.W. my friend...my brother...my heart goes out to you. That kind of loss is very painful. Thank God in Heaven for the blessed hope.

Bronzesnake.
Thank you BRNZ, I know in my heart and soul where she is, (to borrow a term "looking up.") I know I will see her again. This is why I won't marry again. She is my soul mate, something that rarely happens in this world. Jesus has helped my deal with my lost, easing my heart and lighting my soul.
For their is only one worthy, my Lord, my God, Jesus Christ. Who died for everyone of us, to cleanse our souls. That we may one day be with him for ever, and ever.

tangata

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2004, 08:56:26 PM »

And now you dismiss my views as contrary to God's word.  If you are a free-willist then would you call a Calvinist a non-Christian, because you believe his views to be contrary to the Word of God?  Vice versa applies as well.

But so quickly it is said that I need The Truth, as if everyone but me is so enlightened.  I do not want to be disruptive, but how arrogant is that?  And without even asking me why I believe what I believe.  It is promised on this board that we can share our views and opinions on things.  I am a Christian who was sharing his views on things, and I was told that 1) I am not saved, and 2) my posts which state what I believe, which I think are biblically grounded, were deleted immediately.

I want to get along with everyone here, and I think this is entirely possible if we just relax and don't jump to conclusions.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2004, 09:00:52 AM »

And now you dismiss my views as contrary to God's word.  If you are a free-willist then would you call a Calvinist a non-Christian, because you believe his views to be contrary to the Word of God?  Vice versa applies as well.

But so quickly it is said that I need The Truth, as if everyone but me is so enlightened.  I do not want to be disruptive, but how arrogant is that?  And without even asking me why I believe what I believe.  It is promised on this board that we can share our views and opinions on things.  I am a Christian who was sharing his views on things, and I was told that 1) I am not saved, and 2) my posts which state what I believe, which I think are biblically grounded, were deleted immediately.

I want to get along with everyone here, and I think this is entirely possible if we just relax and don't jump to conclusions.

Did you perchance delete a post, or did BEP?  The reason I ask is that I perceived you weren't a Christian when you referred to Jesus as, and I quote, "your Christ."  Most believers use a possessive noun there my friend.  Smiley If He's not your Christ...then how can you claim to be Christian?  I only ask because now proof of that post is no longer available.   Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
tangata

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2004, 11:03:06 AM »

I probably did say "your" Christ, without realizing it.  I speak in that way a lot when I'm talking to other people and not about myself.  I think I referred to Him like that in a post on self-defense.  But anyway I can definitely see how you would assume otherwise.

As far as the idea that I was mocking God goes, I called the orders to completely destroy an entire group of people (men,women,children,animals) genocide.  If that was the incorrect term, I apologize.

For my beliefs, if they were mocking God, they simply are Open Theist views.  God does not know the future, because I do not believe the future yet exists... that coupled with free will.  Such things as Genesis 22:12 (NOW I know), when God "regrets" putting Saul into power in Samuel.  When God changes his mind thanks to Moses (he was to destroy the israelites, but Moses said that it'd only make the egyptians think God led them away in order to kill them, so god RELENTED).  A lot of people like to use the blanket word, anthropomorphism to cover all such instances.  "God was only speaking in terms we, as humans, could understand."  But apparently now, we are so enlightened that we understood his true meaning...  right?

Then as for all-power, I believe that God has given up some power in realm of free-will, and actually accepts our input into things (such as Moses asking God to not kill them).

All this could be found in books by John Sanders, William Haster, Clark Pinnock, Gregory Boyd, etc.  We believe that not only is it biblically grounded, but that it (theologically) requires a much more intimate personal God.  A very loving one.

However, I am not going to post here anymore, because this is all mockery, and blackeyedpeas does not want it.  If anyone wants to discuss our beliefs, richallen 1221 is my AIM.  Bye.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2004, 12:52:26 PM »

tangata quote...

I was making a general statement - not directed specifically at you...perhaps you should take your own advice - especially inlight of some statements you have made, including the following....

However, I am not going to post here anymore, because this is all mockery, and blackeyedpeas does not want it.  If anyone wants to discuss our beliefs, richallen 1221 is my AIM.  Bye

Bronzesnake
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2004, 05:48:35 PM »

If anyone wants to discuss our beliefs

Hmmm.  So is it safe to say there is a group of athiest attempting to convert people here at CU?   There does seem to be quite a few posts concerning this topic as of late.  

Thanks for the offer....if you wish to discuss Christ and how he has changed our lives and can change yours, our address is Christiansunite.com

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2004, 03:07:22 AM »

This instant as I write this I feel scared, anxious, happy and heavy hearted all at the same time. I think I know why but, my stubborness and 'free spirit' is getting in the way again. How did you feel when God was asking you to have Him in your life? What did you say or ask?

I would say it sounds as if the He is calling you friend.  I felt very similar when I gave my heart to the Lord.

If you want to be saved, say the following prayer....

Dear Lord, I know I am a sinner.  I know that you died for my sins Jesus.  I ask you now, to come into my life and forgive me of my sins.   I commit my life to you this very moment, and accept you into my life right now.  Thank you Lord Jesus!

Amen!

Friend, if you pray that prayer, and mean it in earnest....YOU WILL BE SAVED.   If you pray this prayer, I want to know about it!   Confess with your mouth, that Jesus is Lord!  Don't listen to the thoughts in your head.  Listen to your heart!  The still small voice thats pleading.

Rev 3:20  Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Grace and Peace!

Just bumping this up, I am watching, waiting and praying for you Anduril.
Gods grace is so sweet....

musicllover

musicllover
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2004, 04:17:39 AM »

This instant as I write this I feel scared, anxious, happy and heavy hearted all at the same time. I think I know why but, my stubborness and 'free spirit' is getting in the way again. How did you feel when God was asking you to have Him in your life? What did you say or ask?

I would say it sounds as if the He is calling you friend.  I felt very similar when I gave my heart to the Lord.

If you want to be saved, say the following prayer....

Dear Lord, I know I am a sinner.  I know that you died for my sins Jesus.  I ask you now, to come into my life and forgive me of my sins.   I commit my life to you this very moment, and accept you into my life right now.  Thank you Lord Jesus!

Amen!

Friend, if you pray that prayer, and mean it in earnest....YOU WILL BE SAVED.   If you pray this prayer, I want to know about it!   Confess with your mouth, that Jesus is Lord!  Don't listen to the thoughts in your head.  Listen to your heart!  The still small voice thats pleading.

Grace and Peace!

Just bumping this up, I am watching, waiting and praying for you Anduril.
Gods grace is so sweet....

musicllover

Amen musiclover.   Anduril, where you at buddy?  We don't want to run you off   Cheesy   Theres several people here, and a few of my other friends who are praying for you.  

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2004, 03:25:24 PM »

Yupyup!   Smiley  Jesus loves you Anduril.  He wants you to know Him, and I'm prayin' you do!  

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
anduril

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2004, 08:21:08 PM »

Thank you all for your comments and support, I really do appreicate it.

BlueLake,

You are right, I do have a slight tone but, not of anger, more like frustration ...and rightly so. I was raised with an 'open-mind' (how you define that is up to you Wink ). I never had great debates of my or other people's beliefs. Observing people debate which way is right (for them) tore people apart further, sometimes it made them unite out of respect as well. My attitude is whatever works for You is best.

Everyone,

Here is the last 3 years of my life; I never questioned my wifes belief system nor did I try to change it. It is not my place to do so. I however, really did try to change my lifestyle to match hers. Doing this for almost 2 years has stressed me out emotionally and mentally. This is not a healthy way too live. So, I have dropped back into 'my way' of living...being honest, true and caring for my family. I Love my Family more than Anything or Anyone. If a Creator does not understand this then I don't want to understand them.  

It would be like you leaving God and all his teachings...could you even attempt that? I'm not saying I'm a better person, I'm just saying I gave it my best. It's just not me, I was never a team player either...I have always relied on myself. However, there are some things I have gained and I have met some very caring people, etc.

I promised my Wife I'd always go to Church with her and that promise will continue.

What happens after this life?  Will I eventually come to know God? Who knows. Life changes all the time. For right now I can honestly say I'm not comfortable with becoming a Christian. I have too many questions and too many doubts. If there is a God  then he/she knows this.

I can say one thing without a doubt: Nothing and no individual (of any form) can keep me from seeing my family after this life.
Bravado? Maybe.
Strong Spirit? Definately!

Cheesy
Jesusismyhomeboy3

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2004, 10:05:21 PM »

hey there!
You said in your post that you wished that your life was not predestined. And then you went on saying if God was All Knowing and the Creator then why didn't he just make us all know him from the beginning.

The reason for that is free will. God gives you the oppurtunity to have eternal life with him. It is up to us to either refuse his gift or take his gift. God loves us enough that he sent Jesus to die for us now you can accept this or not.
 I pray that this helped you at least a little bit. Smiley God bless
And if you have any more questions fill free to ask. Smiley
anduril

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2004, 12:05:08 AM »

If God is all knowing like the Bible says he is then there is no such thing as 'free will'.

If God already knows the direction we are going to take it is because he layed it out ahead of time (All knowing past, present, future). Therefore, ours is a predetermined life.

I really hope life is not like that.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 12:07:27 AM by anduril » Logged
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2004, 03:32:22 PM »

Everyone,

Here is the last 3 years of my life; I never questioned my wifes belief system nor did I try to change it. It is not my place to do so. I however, really did try to change my lifestyle to match hers. Doing this for almost 2 years has stressed me out emotionally and mentally. This is not a healthy way too live. So, I have dropped back into 'my way' of living...being honest, true and caring for my family. I Love my Family more than Anything or Anyone. If a Creator does not understand this then I don't want to understand them.  

Friend I thought you had flown the coupe.  Glad you came back!  

I understand your frustration anduril.     Changing to suit someone is not how it works at all.  And yes, God does understand this.   He knows you needed a saviour...this is why you couldn't do it yourself.   Jesus Christ lived this life and experienced all the dificulties you experience.  He understands the stress you feel.   If you want to experience true freedom from that stress, come to Him and invite Him into your life.  You will never feel more freedom and peace in this life I garuntee.<sp>

It would be like you leaving God and all his teachings...could you even attempt that? I'm not saying I'm a better person, I'm just saying I gave it my best. It's just not me, I was never a team player either...I have always relied on myself. However, there are some things I have gained and I have met some very caring people, etc.

Your best, or my best will never be enough anduril.   Have you ever met anyone who was willing to die for you?  Someone who would give their own life because they loved you even though you let yourself down?   Jesus did that for you friend.   He was willing to take a beating of unimaginable proportions.   They spit on him. Hit him in his face. They beat him with whips containing small pieces of glass that ripped his flesh.  They nailed him to a cross.  He took your sin with Him to that tree, and put it to death with himself.   Your sin deserved all those things that He bore.  Yet, He did not.  But He took all these things on Himself.  Why?  Because of His Love for you.   Are you willing to rely on yourself to take what sin is capable of dishing out?    Sin has you in its prison.   The charges have been laid against you, and guilty is the only plea you can enter.   Jesus took those charges on himself, nailed it to the door of your prison cell and wrote, PAID IN FULL!  But you must claim it by faith.  Refusing His free gift, you must pay the debt yourself.   Don't turn Him away.   He did it out of Love for you.  

I promised my Wife I'd always go to Church with her and that promise will continue.

What happens after this life?  Will I eventually come to know God? Who knows. Life changes all the time. For right now I can honestly say I'm not comfortable with becoming a Christian. I have too many questions and too many doubts. If there is a God  then he/she knows this.

The reason you feel uncomfortable is because it means admitting you are a sinner.  Guilt is like carrying a bag of bricks.   Most people lug it around without cause.   Its quite simple though.  Just put the bag of bricks down and walk into life through Him.   It is a choice.  God knows your heart.  He knows exactly how you feel.   This is why He's calling you.  Calling you to freedom.  

When you stand before God, and He asks you..." Why should I let you into my kingdom?"   How will you answer?   When He says, "when you heard of my Son and how He paid for your Sins, why did you refuse my pardon, My Son, Jesus Christ?"  What if He says to your answer, "I have too many doubts and too many questions, after I showed you the way, and you chose not to believe."   What a frightful thing.

You are not here by any small chance anduril.  God has lead you to HIS truth.   Your heart tells you this truth.  He is calling your spirit to life.  Don't let your fleshy doubts and questions rob you of what your heart knows to be true.

I continue praying for you.  I know that His Holy Spirit is calling you today friend.   Please don't wait.  Receive Him while the opportunity is here.   God is the God of all, and He's calling you today for a reason.  No one but Him knows what tomorrow brings.  Don't take that chance.  He's calling you because He Loves you and wants to know you.

Grace and Peace!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 03:44:22 PM by 2nd Timothy » Logged

Tim

anduril

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2004, 08:50:32 PM »

Thanks for the welcome back Tim Smiley

I should have been more clear when I said I had tried to change my life to make my wife happy. At the very same time I did accept Christ into my life. I dropped all that I was for almost 2 years, a Very hard thing to do. I found myself getting uncomfortable...I was tired and getting sick more often...basically, stressed out. After a time I began to reassess my beliefs, and disbeliefs.  I wasn't living the life I was use to, I was lying to myself and my family - I realized Christianity was not the answer. After a few months my health and energy turned back to 'normal'.

Everyone has their good and bad points, everyone does something unacceptable during their lifetime. You have to find out what that something is and correct it or atleast accept it.  

A bit off topic for a momment:

Do you know what cancer is? It's a very universal word actually, and I don't mean in the cosmic sense Wink Cancer is a problem or a way your body is telling you something is not right. This problem your body is having could be a stress of some type or something you have carried around with you for a long time.

Some people turn to violence, some people steal, some people get an illness. Depending on the person this is a way the body warns or lets you know there is something wrong. Some people don't know what the stress or problem is; the violent person kills and does so until they are caught. The theif steals until they are found out. The 'cancer' manifests until the person dies.  

Basically, the way you live your life and the things you do in that time affect you either in a positive way or a negative way.

Back on topic:

If I was to pretend to be someone I wasn't, especially to those I love and care for it would be my undoing. If would also be unfair to my family. I can't be Christian, just like you can't live the way I'm use to.

I really do appreciate the warm welcome and personal events people have shared with me. However, until I am 100% comfortable in whatever direction I go I can't see myself taking another route.

On a somewhat dry humor note; I'll know what to do if the Rapture happens Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the