Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:02:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  WHAT GOD IS DOING TODAY
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WHAT GOD IS DOING TODAY  (Read 2399 times)
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2004, 12:22:17 PM »

WHAT GOD IS DOING TODAY

By Russell S. Miller

"...For to make in Himself of twain one new man, so making peace" (Eph.2:15).

It is a shame that so many in the Body of Christ do not see what it is that God is doing today, in this dispensation of His grace committed to Paul. The error of some is a failure to come unto perfection in the Pauline revelation, for they labor under the so-called Great Commission. Others go to extremes with agendas that are used of the devil to cause "divisions" in the Church and "blind [even] the minds" (IICor.4:4) of believers from knowing the truth. Consequently such
teachings are used by Satan to deceive both saint and sinner alike.

Thus men walk in darkness. When lies are substituted for truth, the devil gets a foothold in the Church to wreak "havoc".

God, however, will not be mocked of men, for "the Judgment Seat of Christ" (IICor.5:10) awaits those who make merchandise of "the Word of God" (IICor.2:14-17; Tit.3:10) and there shall be a great loss of rewards (ICor.3:15). And when the devil "blinds the minds of them that believe not", souls that could have been saved will be cast into hell
and the Lake of Fire at the "great white throne" judgment
(Rev.20:11-15).

In this endeavor to discover what it is that God is doing today, several passages of Scripture come to mind. Along with Romans 16:25 and I Corinthians 12:13 are two very similar verses in Paul’s Epistle to the Ephesians:

"Having abolished in His flesh the enmity, even the law of
commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in Himself of twain one new man, so making peace" (Eph.2:15).

"And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ" (Eph.3:9).

God is in the business of building the Body of Christ today, and He is looking for "faithful" men and women in the ministry of the Gospel of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ (ICor.4:1,2). He appointed Paul, "the Apostle of the Gentiles" (Rom.11:13), giving him the blueprints (ICor.3:9-15) for the Church today. Paul and Timothy were faithful in
proclaiming "this Mystery among the Gentiles" (ICor.4:15-17). Will you "follow" in their footsteps or be drawn into an extreme teaching?

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 03:25:06 PM »

WHAT GOD IS DOING TODAY?

ummmm God is Loving me just the Way I am, He takes care of me when I am scared and hurting.  Grin

Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 05:58:50 PM »

In this endeavor to discover what it is that God is doing today

God is doing today what He has always done, isn't He? He tells us he is the same today, as yesterday and as tomorrow...he is never changing....the beginning and the end, the alpha and the omega. If you want to know what God is doing today, read the bible.

The error of some is a failure to come unto perfection in the Pauline revelation, for they labor under the so-called Great Commission.

I don't personally feel in error for doing something Christ desires of me; nor is it a labour...unless you call it a labour love.

God is in the business of building the Body of Christ today

Yes, He is....

†† Guided by God ††
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 06:30:05 AM »

ONE MORE TIME, BUT DONT TELL THE MODERATOR Grin

God is in the business of building the Body of Christ today, and He is looking for "faithful" men and women in the ministry of the Gospel of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ (ICor.4:1,2). He appointed Paul, "the Apostle of the Gentiles" (Rom.11:13), giving him the blueprints (ICor.3:9-15) for the Church today. Paul and Timothy were faithful in
proclaiming "this Mystery among the Gentiles" (ICor.4:15-17). Will you "follow" in their footsteps or be drawn into an extreme teaching?

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 06:41:52 AM »

ONE MORE TIME, BUT DONT TELL THE MODERATOR  Grin

†† Guided by God ††
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 08:05:51 AM »

Grin

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2004, 11:07:16 AM »

Grin

<Smiley))><

BL,

Grin  What a funny! Are you wanting to confess something, or are you playing circus? You're a funny man, but which one of you is posting today? Grow up and get off my back!, all 6 or more of you children.

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2004, 01:07:02 PM »

Grin

<Smiley))><

BL,

Grin  What a funny! Are you wanting to confess something, or are you playing circus? You're a funny man, but which one of you is posting today? Grow up and get off my back!, all 6 or more of you children.

Thanks Bro, you made my day, I feel your LOVE

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><

P.S.
I am NOT preaching  That "other gospel" that Paul told us about

« Last Edit: August 19, 2004, 01:41:57 PM by Brother Love » Logged

<Smiley))><
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2004, 02:13:53 PM »

What body were the Jews added to in Acts 2 when Peter preached Christ? In what body are the gentiles that came to Christ when Paul Preached? In what body are we today, (Jew or Gentile), who come to Christ? What gospel brings them to Christ?

Ollie
« Last Edit: August 19, 2004, 04:55:21 PM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2004, 04:47:09 AM »

In this endeavor to discover what it is that God is doing today

God is doing today what He has always done, isn't He? He tells us he is the same today, as yesterday and as tomorrow...he is never changing....the beginning and the end, the alpha and the omega. If you want to know what God is doing today, read the bible.

The error of some is a failure to come unto perfection in the Pauline revelation, for they labor under the so-called Great Commission.

I don't personally feel in error for doing something Christ desires of me; nor is it a labour...unless you call it a labour love.

God is in the business of building the Body of Christ today

Yes, He is....

QUOTE From H.I.Brown

"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever," (Hebrews 13:Cool. The Greek indicates He is "the same Person." He does not always work the same way. The Bible opens up when it is realized that in God's instructions to mankind there is progress and change and then a final declaration. For instance: In Genesis 1:29 man was told to eat every herb bearing seed and the fruit of trees yielding seed. In Gen. 9:3, he could also eat animals, and later in Leviticus 11, only certain animals. But still later, he may eat anything, I Tim. 4:4, 5. (Note "may"-if there is something that is not helpful to you personally, of course avoid it). No one could obey all of these at the same time, and such is not intended. Of course, the last, the final declaration is for our dispensation.

Posted By Brother Love Smiley Who says AAAAAAAMEN!!!

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2004, 07:37:05 AM »

QUOTE From H.I.Brown
He does not always work the same way.

Once again you reply with a quote from someone else, rather than the source.

Pro 30:5  Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

Heb 4:12  For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

HE does always work the same way..... HIS way; the biblical way.

blessings
Gracey

Job 36:26  Behold, God is great, and we know him not, neither can the number of his years be searched out.

Psa 48:14  For this God is our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide even unto death.

Ecc 5:2  Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.

†† Guided by God ††
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2004, 08:03:55 AM »

QUOTE From H.I.Brown
He does not always work the same way.

Once again you reply with a quote from someone else, rather than the source.

Pro 30:5  Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

Heb 4:12  For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

HE does always work the same way..... HIS way; the biblical way.

blessings
Gracey

Job 36:26  Behold, God is great, and we know him not, neither can the number of his years be searched out.

Psa 48:14  For this God is our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide even unto death.

Ecc 5:2  Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.

For instance: In Genesis 1:29 man was told to eat every herb bearing seed and the fruit of trees yielding seed. In Gen. 9:3, he could also eat animals, and later in Leviticus 11, only certain animals. But still later, he may eat anything, I Tim. 4:4, 5. (Note "may"-if there is something that is not helpful to you personally, of course avoid it). No one could obey all of these at the same time, and such is not intended.

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2004, 09:57:05 AM »

For instance: In Genesis 1:29 man was told to eat every herb bearing seed and the fruit of trees yielding seed. In Gen. 9:3, he could also eat animals, and later in Leviticus 11, only certain animals. But still later, he may eat anything, I Tim. 4:4, 5. (Note "may"-if there is something that is not helpful to you personally, of course avoid it). No one could obey all of these at the same time, and such is not intended.

This is not a direct biblical quote.

This is:

Gen 1:29  And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Gen 9:3  Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

1Ti 4:4  For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
1Ti 4:5  For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

But the point is made. You reply with someone else's work. Put aside the word of others and use the word of God, from the word of God, not from another person's bible study.

It would be much more helpful in coming to understand you and your views, personally, than always reading someone else's work (even if you agree with that work).

Gracey

†† Guided by God ††
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2004, 08:49:08 PM »

I AGREE (Brother Love) with Hebrews 13:8.  Jesus Christ IS the same in every way and every day.  That scripture, used as a rebuff, is a "duck blind."  Though Christ never changes - GOD never changes - how he deals with or dealt with mankind has  changed.  If that is not true, then perhaps you better "sell all you have" and follow Christ.  Including your computer and your big screen TV! Smiley

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2004, 01:28:51 PM »

your big screen TV!

Don't own one....in fact rarely watch tv, don't go to the movies, either; don't own a big stereo; drive a 1985 ford; live in an old house; buy used clothes....in other words, most of what we do have is pretty basic.

Including your computer

...it was a gift from God...a blessing. Why should I throw it back....I can (and most certainly do) follow Christ even though I own a computer.

I AGREE (Brother Love) with Hebrews 13:8.  Jesus Christ IS the same in every way and every day.

If you agree that He is the same "in every WAY and every day" then the rest of your statement appears to contradict you.

GOD never changes - how he deals with or dealt with mankind has changed.

It is mankind who changes; it is mankind who makes changes in God's word; it is mankind who thinks God deals differently; God's plan is the same as it has always been.

But I must say, it was definitely refreshing and much more pleasureable to see (what I take to be) your own words for a change.  Smiley

Gracey

†† Guided by God ††
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the