Recent Posts
Site Statistics
Who's Online
Forum Rules

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:19:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  WHAT GOD IS DOING TODAY
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WHAT GOD IS DOING TODAY  (Read 2400 times)
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2004, 02:31:56 PM »

WHAT GOD IS DOING TODAY?

He's Giving me a day Off.  I am so tired and sleepy from yesterday still..

*tee hee*   \o/

Predestined

I'm a born-again-Spirit-filled-child-of-God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2004, 06:30:14 AM »

I see what u r saying Brotherlove Wink

Not really sure if the subject is really a question or a statement. But here goes:

(1)In order for us to know what God is doing today, we must know what 'The Will of God Is'....

Rom 12:2 "....that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."

(2)In order for us to know what the will of God is, we need to be guided by The Holy Spirit...

(3)In order for us to be guided by The Holy Spirit, we need to trust our Lord Jesus for the Baptism in The Holy Spirit...

1 Corinthians 2 :11-12
" For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God."

*In order for us to know what God is doing today we need to 'SEE' what He is doing today Smiley

Ephesians 1:16-19
"...making mention of you in my prayers: 17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, 18 the eyes of your *understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, 19 and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power..."

May you be blessed by these Words

"It is finished"....All the glory to my King, Savior & Lord Jesus, The Son of God.
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2004, 11:29:41 AM »

In order for us to know what God is doing today we need to 'SEE' what He is doing today

Hab 2:4 Behold, his soul [which] is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.
Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
Gal 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, [it is] evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
Hbr 10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if [any man] draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him
2 Cor. 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
Rom 10:17 So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Hbr 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by [his] Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

That's what God is doing today....speaking to us by His Son, Jesus Christ, and exhorting all men everywhere to come to Him through Jesus, who not only paid it ALL, ONCE for ALL, but also:
1Cr 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether [we be] Jews or Gentiles, whether [we be] bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit
and
Eph 1:13 In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
Predestined

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2004, 08:56:40 AM »

Smiley
Matthew 3 :11
I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit *and fire.

Mark 1:8
I indeed baptized you with water, but He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit."

John 1:32-33
And John bore witness, saying, "I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and He remained upon Him. 33 I did not know Him, but He who sent me to baptize with water said to me, 'Upon whom you see the Spirit descending, and remaining on Him, this is He who baptizes with the Holy Spirit

---------->
Luke 24:49
Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city *of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high."
---------->

Act 2:4
And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Act 8:14-17

Now when the apostles who were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent Peter and John to them, 15 who, when they had come down, prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit. 16 For as yet He had fallen upon none of them. They had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 17 Then they laid hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.

Act 10:44-47
While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who heard the word. 45 And those of the circumcision who believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also. 46 For they heard them speak with tongues and magnify God.Then Peter answered, 47 "Can anyone forbid water, that these should not be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?" 48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then they asked him to stay a few days.
 Smiley

John 16:13

However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. 15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He *will take of Mine and declare it to you.

I don't think I have to elaborate. The Word speaks for itself.I asked the Lord a while ago, why we, the Church of our Lord Jesus Christ, are so powerless.He answered:"Because you don't have POWER". Refer to Luke24:49:"...but tarry in the city *of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high"

IF YOU WANT TO SEE WHAT GOD IS DOING.TRUST GOD TO ENDUE YOU WITH POWER FROM ON HIGH... Smiley Blessed are those who have read what they have read, cause it has been 'PREDESTINED' that they will see this.

"It is finished"....All the glory to my King, Savior & Lord Jesus, The Son of God.
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2004, 06:41:19 AM »

Men walk in darkness. When lies are substituted for truth, the devil gets a foothold in the Church to wreak "havoc".

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Predestined

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2004, 03:59:28 AM »

John 16 :13-15

However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. 15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He *will take of Mine and declare it to you

1 Cor 2 :6-16

However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. 7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory, 8 which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
9 But as it is written:

"Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him."*

10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.13 These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the *Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. 16 For "who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?"* But we have the mind of Christ.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: