Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:43:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  IS WATER BAPTISM A TESTIMONY?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IS WATER BAPTISM A TESTIMONY?  (Read 5679 times)
musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2004, 09:11:17 PM »

.......Thank you all for your response. However no one answered my question.
I agree that there is a difference between water baptism and Spirit baptism.
Who is Mr. Stam

Hi Blue,
          I am sorry I didn't see your question? I scanned back thru the thread and didn't find it. Could you repeat it please? I can't gurantee that I can answer but I know how annoying it is to post questions and then you don't get any responses.
       If you go to the very first post of this thread, on page one you can read what Bro. Love posted about Mr Stam.
       I agree there is a difference between water baptism and Spirit baptism as well.
blessings to you,
musicllover

musicllover
musicllover

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2004, 09:21:16 PM »

Maybe you've been baptised with water or had some kind of "religious" experience, but you can receive this real baptism. The Lord Jesus died on the cross to bear my sins and your sins, to pay for them once for all time. Whoever you are, no matter where you've come from, no matter what you've ever done, if you have never trusted in Him, He's waiting for you and He's inviting you now to trust in Him as your Savior. Stop trying to save yourself. Stop depending on a church, a sacrament, some ritual prayers, or a religion. God will save you tonight if you will simply put your faith in, and rely on the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior. At that very moment, God the Holy Spirit will baptize you and will place you into the body of the Lord Jesus Christ. You could never be closer to God than that. If you want to be saved right now, trust in the Lord Jesus Christ, and God will save you.

<Smiley))><

I'm playing the part of a stinker I guess but
this real baptism

LOL, sound like one of those late night infomercials doesn't it.....for a real baptism blah blah blah...... Wink I'm teasing you bro. But its sounds as though you are you saying that my baptism isn't real?   So I'm going to go to hell cause I've been baptised with water......TWICE even, or my baptism isn't real?  
      What you've posted here on a christian sight is a sermon for those who aren't saved, and I don't disagree with asking any unsaved person to except Jesus. BUt what about the rest of us who have had water, and a "experience" and know in our hearts we are saved, redeemed by the blood, bought and payed for, know Jesus is savior ! Who are you talking too?
I've posted several questions for you, I"d really like a response on my last post where Pete does preach baptism when you say he doesn't.
blessings,
musicllover

musicllover
bluelake

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2004, 09:27:36 PM »

I'm new on this forum, so I haven't figured out all the ins and outs of this format yet. Smiley
My question was, ( Baptism?) 'What is the difference between Acts 2:38 and Mt.28:19'  I can see that this has been dicussed in detail, Baptism, that is. My personal view is that water baptism alone doesn't save, but having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ does. Jn.3:3, We are saved by grace. Eph.2:8-9
 My question heading is 'Baptism', not Is water baptism a testimony.

Thanks for your reply,

God bless,
bluelake
musicllover

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2004, 10:47:25 AM »

Your NOT going to HEAVEN because you got water Baptized, and your NOT going to HELL because you got water Baptized.
All you got was WET

<Smiley))><

P.S. Please dont tell the "MODERATOR"  

Bro Love,
         I COMPLETELY agree, never have I thought that simply because I was baptized I was getting into Heaven, and I am very relieved to see that you understand that neither am I going to hell because I was baptized. And you are most defiantly right I did get wet.......but it is still a biblcal sound actions,  my public confession, obedience to the scripture when it says to believe and be baptized. Water is symbolic, it isn't "magic". The Holy Spirit washes away the sin in my heart. Like wiping the slate clean, removing the things in my heart that were not of God. We all do this to some degree everytime we pray, still ever day we sin, but baptism is the action that Christ told us to do, that he himself done to fullfill all righteousness. You can't nullify what Christ did, or told us to do, no matter how you read it. I don't get baptized everyday, ONE baptism is all that is necessary. I made that decision when I knew I was ready, I made that confession publicly and my brothers and sisters in Christ celebrated with me. If one keeps repeating baptism I can see where you could call this a bad testimony, so I guess I am not sure what you are meaning by bad testimony? Which brings me to my next question.........if baptism is a bad testimony then what is the Lords Supper? I know that there are many people in this world that simply take communion like a vitamin, they have no idea what is required of them, or how they should go before the Lord at this time. I have not taken communnion because I knew I had griveances in my heart that I needed to take care of, and I didn't want to make a mockery out of what I feel is a commandment from God. But not taken or the taken doesn't atomatically get me into Heaven either.
      So now I'm really confused, what in your understand is wrong with water baptism? And compare that to Communion for me.
     And Peter does preach baptism in the scriptures in Act, but you say he didn't, help my understand where your coming from.

PS...... your seceret is safe with me, I won't tell I promise. Tongue
HEY MOD read bro loves last POST, one just ubove this one, his names is right there........ just being a buggs bunny
placing neon sign pointing ------that away. Grin.

musicllover
« Last Edit: August 22, 2004, 05:04:52 AM by musicllover » Logged

musicllover
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the