Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:13:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Abortion, Who is Responsible?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Abortion, Who is Responsible?  (Read 3899 times)
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2004, 08:19:38 AM »

It would appear then that with the American government supporting the right to choose abortion or not abortion: the responsibility lies with the one making the choice.

Christians with the message of Christ can strongly influence that choice since it appears the Republicans and Democrats show no sign of revoking the law that gives choice.

Ollie

Support your local Christian.
child_of_God_2

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2004, 10:58:20 PM »

Matthew 28:18.  "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19.  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20.  Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

Democrats and Republicans have made abortion law. It has become a lawful choice for American women.
Since it has become a thing of choice and if the wrong choice is being made perhaps the silence of Christ's people are to blame for all the murder of the unborn, not the lawmakers.

Go ye therefore.........Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you

Perhaps we are failing as Christians to win folks to Christ. To observe that one does not kill babies in the womb. That one does not have sex outside the marriage union that produces unwanted children. That one should maintain control of body functions and not give in to basic urges. That one should exercise common sense and stop to realize the responsibility of a sexual union. That it can produce human life. And are the two in union in a place in life to be resonsible for that new life.

Winning people to God through Christ should create the right choices and law or no law of man, God's will be done.
Perhaps all this has been put in place by God to light a fire under us to get up and go.

Ollie  

Ollie,
I agree that Christians aren't going out and teaching the nations like God had intended us on doing. Makes me think about no prayer in school. If Christians would have stood up for our beliefs then maybe there would still be prayer in school and this world would be a different place. My question here is: When are we going to stand up for our God and go and teach the nations without thinking twice about what someone else has to say about it or the consequences behind it? We need to step out in faith that God will protect us as long as we are doing his will. Ultimately, I think that Christians have failed and when we decide to take a stand we can truly change this world. Until we do take that stand, we are to blame for the lost lives.

Christina
alliecat

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2004, 11:03:05 PM »

While there are lots of great parents out there (mine included) it seems that values and morals were not emphasized enough to generations after the baby boomers.
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2004, 08:28:39 AM »

Rieva's Umbrage
Who Knows Father Best?
by Rieva Holycross
7/15/2004

IWF believes that women must accept responsibility for their own actions and that includes getting pregnant and knowing who the father is (pretty onerous responsibility, don’t you think?). California and plenty of other states allow a woman to pretty much name whomever she pleases as the father of her child and sic the state on said dad to collect child support.

Feminist organizations including the National Organization of Women (NOW) has objected to legislation that requires the courts to vacate paternity judgments against men who aren’t, in fact, the father. Think about that. NOW wants some man, any man, to make child support payments. The woman who doesn’t even know who the father is, should not be held responsible for her actions, is a sweet, loving, blameless mother who seeks only to care for her child and if naming some schmuck as father who never saw her before in his life helps her provide for the innocent babe, well then, that’s fine. Innocence is no excuse. Pay up.

In arguing against California’s Paternity Justice Act, NOW claims that its passage would harm children. Harm children? This from the every-baby-deserves-federal-day-care, there’s-no-school-too-bad-for-our-kids crowd?

This is one more item in NOW’s misguided and misbegotten agenda that seeks to exempt women from taking responsibility for their actions and their lives. Their mantra that it’s not your fault; find somebody to blame; find somebody to pay is a horrible model for today’s woman. And, further, in the case of nailing innocent men for child support, it is legalized theft, pure, unalloyed misandry. No wonder the NOW gals liked it so much.

Here's Wendy McElroy's take on the issue:

On June 30, a California man being forced to pay child support for a child he had not fathered got his day in court when the Second District Court of Appeal of California overturned a paternity judgment against him.

Los Angeles County, which had imposed the judgment, knew that Manuel Navarro was not the father of the child in question because DNA testing had proved so. Yet under both federal and state child-support laws, the county was still able to demand Navarro pay child support.

The court's landmark decision in Navarro's favor may well become the controlling authority for contested paternity in California and a legal precedent nationwide.

Navarro's case is typical of the false paternity claims and child-support laws that prompt men's-rights activists to condemn the family-court system as being virulently unfair to men.

http://www.iwf.org/issues/issues_detail.asp?ArticleID=638

++Blood Bought++

Hmmmm....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2004, 01:31:29 PM »

I'm very strongly against the murder of innocent children, but it's true: it's our fault. It's our parents' fault. Because the one's who know the truth but aren't willing to share it, or the one's too scared, or the ones too lazy, those are the ones responisible for letting a lot of horrible things happen, including abortion. Who's behind it is quite obvious. It's Satan himself. I guess he figured us out right: we're not going to try and stop him. Now, don't get me wrong, there are many people standing up for the unborn. But not all of them. Not enough. And I believe for everyone who doesn't, the blood of each baby is on his/her head.

++If the human race were across the sea, what a good swimmer God would be++
grommie

WOW!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2004, 06:40:31 AM »

I have not read all the replies to this topic, so if this has been stated, i apologize.

We, Christians, are responsible.

We are supposed to be the SALT of the earth, we are supposed to be praying like CRAZY.

"When my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray, then will I hear from Heaven and heal their land." dont know where that is off hand, but i know its in the WORD for sure...God continues to bring it to my remembrance the past few months.

yes i am guilty of not praying like i should as well.

God is great!  Ain't he?
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2004, 08:44:33 AM »

Cool pro-life site!  Cheesy

“If wombs had windows, people would be much more reticent to abort babies because they would be forced to confront the evident humanity of the baby from very early gestation onward,” ERLC President Richard Land says, explaining that sonograms provide such a “window into the womb.”

100% of the funds received will be given to women's care centers for the purpose of securing ultrasound machines. A proper accounting will be provided to all donors.

www.psalm139project.org

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the