Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:11:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  US Elections 2004
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: US Elections 2004  (Read 39114 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2004, 02:13:18 AM »

The following is a brief backround on Mrs. John Kerry . She hates being called that, by the way:

Maria Teresa Thiersten Simoes-Ferreira Heinz Kerry. Married Senator Kerry in 1995.  She only took his name eighteen months ago and she is an "interesting" paradox of conflicts.

If you thought John Kerry was scary, he doesn't hold a candle to his wife! Maria Teresa Thiersten Simoes-Ferreira Heinz Kerry was born in Mozambique, the daughter of a Portuguese physician, was educated in Switzerland and South Africa. Fluent in five languages, she was working as a United Nations interpreter in Geneva in the mid-60's when she met a "handsome" young American, H. John Heinz, III, who worked at a bank in Geneva.  He told her his family was "in the food business."

They were married in 1966 and returned to Pittsburgh where his family ran the giant H. J.  Heinz food company. He was elected to the US

House of Representatives in 1971, and in 1976 he was elected to the first of three terms in the United States Senate. A Republican, he wrote a burning diatribe against some of the causes backed by young House member John Kerry.)

Several years later, in 1991, he was killed when his plane collided with a Sun Oil Company helicopter over a Philadelphia suburb. The senator, his pilot and copilot, and both of Sun's helicopter pilots were killed. He was survived by his wife, Teresa, and their three young sons.

Four years later, having inherited Heinz's $500 million fortune, she married Senator John Forbes Kerry, the liberal then-junior senator from Massachusetts. She became a registered Democrat and the process of her radicalization was set in motion.

Heinz Kerry is not shy about telling people that she required Kerry to sign a prenuptial agreement before they were married. John Kerry may not have check writing privileges on the Heinz catsup and pickle fortune, but he is certainly a willing and uncomplaining beneficiary of it.

A lot of hard-earned money, made through many years of hawking catsup, mustard, and pickles has fallen into the hands of two people who despise successful entrepreneurship and who believe in the confiscatory redistribution of wealth.

So how does Mrs. Heinz Kerry spend John Heinz's money?
Just one example:

According to the G2 Bulletin, an online intelligence newsletter of WorldNetDaily, in the years between 1995-2001 she gave more than $4 million to an organization called the Tides Foundation. And what does the Tides Foundation do with John Heinz's money?

They support numerous antiwar groups, including Ramsey Clark's International Action Center. Clark has offered to defend Saddam Hussein when he's tried.

They support the Democratic Justice Fund, a joint venture of the Tides Foundation and billionaire hate-monger George Soros. The Democratic Justice Fund seeks to ease restrictions on Muslim immigration from "terrorist" states.

They support the Council for American-Islamic Relations, whose leaders are known to have close ties to the terrorist group, Hamas.

They support the National Lawyers Guild, organized as a communist front during the Cold War era. One of their attorneys, Lynne Stewart, has been arrested for helping a client, Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman, communicate with terror cells in Egypt. He is the convicted mastermind of the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.

They support the "Barrio Warriors," a radical Hispanic group whose primary goal is to return all of Arizona, California, New Mexico, and Texas to Mexico.

These are but a few of the radical groups that benefit, through the anonymity provided by the Tides Foundation, from the generosity of our would-be first lady, the wealthy widow of Republican senator John Heinz, and now the wife of the Democratic senator who aspires to be the 44th President of the United States.

Aiding and supporting our enemies is not good for America,
regardless of your political views.

If voters will open their eyes, educate themselves and see the real Teresa Heinz Kerry, they will not appreciate her position as ultra rich fairy godmother of the radical left.  They will not want to imagine her laying her head on a pillow each night inches away from the President of the United States.

Hopefully they love this country enough to decide that the only way these two will ever be allowed into the White House is with an engraved invitation in hand.

The uninformed will never hear the truth from the press, who want Kerry elected!

Those who buy the Kerry facade, beware of what you vote for ......... you may regret what you get!

I have not made it a secret that, I want GWB relected as President.

His_child

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2004, 10:50:15 PM »

Which is why hubby and I have decided no more Heinz catsup in our house.
Thanks for the post DW.

I'm not following a God that's imagined.
Can't invent His deity.
That's why Jesus is the final answer
To Who I want my God to be.
He's Who I want my God to be.
-  Who? by Peter Furler and Steve Taylor (Newsboys)
digme
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2004, 01:57:37 PM »

i want to ask an honest question to dreamweaver and to judge_not (kinda of ironic that you have that name and yet you profess .... hmm, read what i wrote about Edwards in my previous post) anyways, i am a little bit having trouble understanding some of you for i see most of you here have never tried to imagine if God ever wanted to have Kerry as a president... if you have doubts about that, read the book of Hosea...

- idon't really think both of them are any good for this country.. for i don't think there is any sincerity in any of them...(do you know what people who think Bush is a christian think about most of us from the reflection of him, i wonder if that is a good witness) oh Kerry... Kerry is just in the world...  God save his soul... and i truly mean it...

i would like to beg you guys and gals to pray hard for both of them rather than already make up your minds...  but the problem with that i tell you is that, it is going to be hard to pray for something that you don't feel a burden for....   in order to feel the burden though, YOU HAVE TO FEEL PAIN... I WONDER IF YOU HONESTLY ASKED YOURSELVES TODAY, HOW MUCH DO I FEEL PAIN IN ANY CAPABLE WAY TO CARRY NOT ONLY MY OWN BUT ALSO OTHERS' PAIN AND SUFFERING IN THIS COUNTRY TO THE GRACE THRONE OF CHRIST? OH AND CHRIST DOESNOT EVEN STOP THERE, HE ASKS US TO DO THAT FoR THE WORLD
 i don't want to be unkind guys... but i have really had it with the so called i know who i will vote for... (please don't bad mouth people that you don't have a knowledge of the full history Judge_not,
in addition to that, I am going to go on a limb here- I have a hunch- i doubt somebody born and who grew up in an impoverished 3rd world country could be such evil person as depicted in the previous post, maybe, maybe but i am highly skeptical... i even doubt, some of you even know where Mozambique is located......  just some thoughts that lingered from the discussion that i had with many of your-alikes while i was attending a christian college... I AM OUT!
Read Joel 6 in the previous post of mine!
digme
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2004, 02:05:54 PM »

correction, amos 6
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2004, 03:08:13 PM »

i want to ask an honest question to dreamweaver and to judge_not (kinda of ironic that you have that name and yet you profess .... hmm, read what i wrote about Edwards in my previous post)
 Hm.  So you are judging me for being judgmental.  How very hypocritical.  Now that's ironic! Not only did God give us the ability to judge actions, He requires it.  I judge actions, not hearts.  Never forget that, digme, and we'll get along just fine.  You may attack my opinion all you wish - please don't attack the sincerety I have in my heart for working to separate good from evil.
i don't want to be unkind guys... but i have really had it with the so called i know who i will vote for... (please don't bad mouth people that you don't have a knowledge of the full history Judge_not,
Am I against John Kerry?  YES!  John Kerry condones the blatant murder of 1,000,000 babies a year.  That in itself is more than enough history for me to know without a shadow of a doubt I don’t want him leading a Boy Scout troop, much less the USA.  I judge his act of condoning the killing of babies as going against everything a Christian believes in.  You speak of the poor in other countries yet ignore the mass murder in your own backyard?  

Finally; I'll being praying right along with you for Jesus to win the hearts of all the candidates!  Smiley

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2004, 07:52:15 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to JudgeNot,

Brother, I guess that I missed something as it flew right over my head.  Cheesy  I don't understand how anyone would be insulted by anything said here.

We will each decide who to vote for based on what we believe and who we feel would best serve America. I, for one, will pray that John Kerry does not get elected. I've heard and seen more than enough to think he would make America sink lower and further away from God.

Each person is more than entitled to their own opinions and voting for whoever they wish. If John Kerry was the only one on the ballot, I would do a write-in.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Reba
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2004, 08:08:28 PM »

I am not a Republican or a Domocrat.

I am a Christian i will vote as a way to thank God for the place HE has chosen for me to live.

As a Christian i will NOT vote for a person or party that believes the killing of the child in the womb is a right. Nor do i believe any one who is Christian will vote for the baby killers.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2004, 08:45:03 PM »

Brother, I guess that I missed something as it flew right over my head.    I don't understand how anyone would be insulted by anything said here.
Sorry Mr. BEP – I guess I kind of flew of the handle there.  I love digme just as much as I love you and Reba.

REEEEEEEEEEEEBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Whew – had to get that off my chest.  Kind of makes me feel like Brando in “Streetcar Named Desire”!  
Reba – if you are ever widowed, will you marry me (again)?  Grin

As far as my vote goes; as with Reba, I am not affiliated with any political party.  Living in California, the “Sodomy State” my vote for Bush would be wasted since it is clear all the electoral votes from here will be liberal, regardless of the real issues.  I think I will probably vote the Constitution Party ticket this year.  

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2004, 10:34:32 PM »

JudgeNot,

Brother, I wasn't talking about you. I was trying to understand what portion of this thread upset digme. This is 40 times milder than anything on one of the news channels.

Reba,

Sister, I sure did miss you in your short absence. JudgeNot and I will continue trying to encourage you to come out of your shell of shyness.   Grin

Digme,

I really don't know whether you are a brother or sister. I'll simply say that if you have Jesus Christ as the GOD over your life, that's all I care about. I don't know anything about where you live or what forms your thoughts about politics, but please don't let a discussion here get you upset.

Love In Christ,
Tom

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2004, 11:59:56 PM »

The supreme court under President Nixon seemed to have much to do in the decision to legalize abortion.

"In 1970 a pregnant, unmarried woman sought to have the Texas anti-abortion statute, first enacted in the 1850s, declared unconstitutional. To protect her anonymity she was given the fictitious name Jane Roe. The initial action was against Henry Wade, District Attorney of Dallas County, Texas. Roe claimed that the statute was unconstitutionally vague and violated her right of privacy as guaranteed by the First, Fourth, Fifth, Ninth, and Fourteenth Amendments. The case was argued before the Supreme Court in December of 1971, reargued in October of 1972.

In January of 1973 the case was decided by the U.S. Supreme Court. A majority of 7 to 2 declared the Texas statute unconstitutional. Justice Harry Blackmun, an appointee of President Richard Nixon, wrote the opinion for the majority. Justice William Rehnquist, another Nixon appointee and now Chief Justice, filed a dissenting opinion. Justice White concurred with Justice Rehnquist.

A majority on the Court agreed that Roe had a right of privacy based on the 14th amendment and on earlier Supreme Court decisions. They also agreed that this right was "broad enough to encompass a woman's decision whether or not to terminate her pregnancy." However, they denied that this right was "absolute" (i.e., that "she is entitled to terminate her pregnancy at whatever time, in whatever way, and for whatever reason she alone chooses.") There were compelling state interests in "safeguarding health" and "protecting potential life" that could justify regulation."

In that majority of 7 to 2 vote of the court how many were liberal and how many conservative?

"The Vote
Majority: Blackmun(for the Court), Brennan, Powell, Marshall T.
Concurring: Burger, Douglas, Stewart
Dissenting: Rehnquist, White B."

***Info retrieved from a Google search on
"Roe vs. Wade".

What has this to do with either democrats or republicans today? In the nineties we had a majority of democrats governing America and abortion was within the law.
Today America has a majority of republicans governing the country and abortion is within the law.

Since "Roe vs. Wade" in 1973 America has had five republican and two democrat presidents. That includes a republican president that was in office when "Roe vs. Wade happened.
Yet the democrats seem to get all the flack about it. The republicans do nothing about it as do the democrats.

It would appear that democrats and republicans are at fault for this lawful murder of unborn children.

Ollie
« Last Edit: July 18, 2004, 12:27:13 AM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
Reba
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2004, 12:00:21 AM »

Thank you Mr. Bepster i need all the help i can get.
Reba
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2004, 12:09:07 AM »

So very sadly i agree Ollie. Cry

Another point i cant help but see  is  to ask the question where o where was the Church in 1970?  Dallas Texas also is home to Dallas Theological Seminary  they were quiet ………..
digme
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2004, 12:13:45 AM »

hey guys,

i am a guy, 25.  i feel i have been misinterpreted and misquoted here but i really don't care.  I am not here to prove that i am right or you are right. i am here to share a burden and to ask questions.  I am actually don't care about politics that much. (DONT JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS, READ ON, YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHY!)  
I believe the Lord Jesus Christ, who is God in the form of the Son, became flesh and blood like us to carry the wrath of human kind so that the propitiation of my sin and the world's sin would happen upon his death and resurrection.  
what upset me bep, may be upset not even the right word, maybe concerned me was the lack of fervent concern on behalf of our people... i believe we are losing more people because none of us- starting with ME guys- i am not even pointing finger now- have dared to stand in the gap. we have felt the blessings and yet we think we are somewhat more special than others... what a foolishness for us it would be to not look back at Rome, Egypt, and most of all Israel as a nation and see where they went wrong.
You see as a german theologian said it:
"sin scorches us most when the lightining grace of Christ shines upon us".. we will only feel the pain of God to some degree and the sin around us and in us, when we understand how much grace has been given upon to us... i just was really saddened to see no one mention anything about how much we need piety in our individual lives so that others would be affected to. God will only move when his people cry out to him....  not when they vote first, for i doubt really God cares if people vote or not unless they are pious only... lol... why is Jeremiah 7 coming to my mind? you remember, Hekal YWH... again READ Amos 6...
again, i hate giving exegisis on passages, for i can give you what i think of the most eloquent of that passage here but would not do you any good, if your heart is not open...

My whole THEME is summed up guys and gals on two terms:

a) INDIVIDUAL PIETY PRECEDES ANY MORALITY!  
b) YOU WILL NEVER LIGHTEN THE LOAD UNTIL YOU FEEL THE PRESSURE IN YOUR SOUL

I DARE say all of my posts in this thread always focused on these two burning issues above.  
What really triggered me to write in this post is what i said one above in this thread about what one of our teaching pastors did in my church last Sunday morning. I am so tired of the rehotoric about labeling the Democratic party as if all that is there is evil.  Likewise, to think of what the Republican party has to offer as perfect and good is misguided.  Then, the question is do we really choose on the basis of  the lesser of two evils or is there another way?
On the basis of practicality i say, vote for the Bush because he is a christian, but when we vote how many of us will be somber realizing that this nation will never get any better until Jesus Christ starts to reign in my heart and yours fully.  Then he will give us that burden because we start to see the world through the eyes that he sees it... i sometimes fancy my Lord Jesus Christ weeping and weeping for my wrongs... that's another story... back on the subject, i am not that upset bep... but if we profess Him, He will have to work His way in every part of our lives... one point, this was so nerve racking Judge_Not, (i hate doing this for my point guys and gals is not to please, please, prove that i am right or he is right and i am wrong)...
it is excellent and i agree with you fully brother (i think) in that we have the right to discern between evil and good and not judge hearts...  my question to you is brother, is it not true we only are able to see evil and good when the Holiness of God first enlightens us to the pain and sin that is around us?  We would be foolish to think we will be able to discern good from evil without feeling the anguish of what Jesus Christ our Lord feels when he sees this world...  because, then that implies we have not understood what grace really is....    

also, the Word of God gives us a stark reminder guys that He is the one to sift the wheat from the chaff.  YEAH I HATE hAVING TO RESORT TO THIS TYPE OF WARNING, but nevertheless it is in His word.
WE WILL BE DOOMED IF We STILL THINK MAN's WAYS & MEANS CAN SOMEHOW BE SYNTHESIZED WITH GOD'S WAY TO BRING ABOUT THE DESITNY THAT GOD BESETS UPON FOR US, FOR IT IS NO DIFFERENT THAN OF IDOLOTARY! Let Alone in conjuction with the Creator of Heaven and Earth, it didn't even work for Marks and Engles.  What makes you think it will work for The Lord of Hosts, who is UNPOLLUTED BY ANY HUMAN EXPERIENCE?  YOUR HOLINESS, we seek IT OH LORD GOD!

Thanks for your understanding brother TOM....   PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Reba
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2004, 12:29:29 AM »

This may be a suprise to some but GOD is in control. God is soverign. He places the kings  or governments at His will. Man is not in comtrol of mans destinity.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2004, 12:55:57 AM »

Ollie Said:

It would appear that democrats and republicans are at fault for this lawful murder of unborn children.

Ollie

Oklahoma Howdy to Ollie,

I must agree with you, but I would like to add something to the equation, something that is being talked about now.

We have a lot of Judicial activism that is not necessarily to do with the law or with the Constitution. They have done many things that are not the will of the people. I would add that the "Separation of Power" is broken. Several recent examples involve the Legislative and Executive Branch of Government being in agreement and the Judicial Branch either overturning them or doing something opposite.

We didn't elect the Judicial Branch of government, and they don't rule America. The people rule America in the form of our representative style government where we vote them in and vote them out. It is far past time for the "Separation of Powers" philosophy of the founders to be repaired. The Judicial Branch of government is involved, up to the eyeballs, in turning America away from God. The Judicial Branch of government is not our elected representatives, and they should never be allowed to rule America.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the