Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:07:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Celibacy
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Celibacy  (Read 1673 times)
Psalms101

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2004, 07:26:26 PM »

Is their anybody that is either decidedly celibate or thinking seriously about it? Do you want to share?
Psalms 101

I claim da King'a'kings, yea, dats wut im about, c ya can believe n yo heart, butcha gotta confess widja mouth, bcuz he died fo yo sins, now u livin' thro Him
Guilo

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 02:44:12 PM »

im involuntarily celibate.  I am married with very small children.Smiley
C C

loving your neighbor includes your neighbor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 05:25:29 PM »

Hi,

Save yourself for the one that God has saved for you!

Ask the Lord if He has someone saved for you and if He does, then he's already yours and you're cheating on him if you sleep with someone else.

Then your relationship with the Lord comes into play.  Are you sure the Lrod has someone saved for you?

It's not easy unless you are in walking with the Lord, and your reasons for not happily hopping in bed with folks are because you don't want to make the Lord sleep with them.  Remember, the Lord is living inside you.  You hop in bed with someone, the Lord goes with you.  

Our poor Lord, I love Him so much but it took awhile for me to get the Celibacy thing down pat.  I messed it up a few times.  

There's the idea of value that you have.  If you could understand the value of your own body, you wouldn't share it so easily with just whoever wants to use it for his own self-gratification.

The scriptures I used were: 1Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual[1] act of worship.

We're supposed to be using our arms and legs and mind and heart to serve the Lord.  
1 Thessalonians 4

Living to Please God

1Finally, brothers, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more. 2For you know what instructions we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus.
3It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; 4that each of you should learn to control his own body[1] in a way that is holy and honorable, 5not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God; 6and that in this matter no one should wrong his brother or take advantage of him. The Lord will punish men for all such sins, as we have already told you and warned you. 7For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. 8Therefore, he who rejects this instruction does not reject man but God, who gives you his Holy Spirit.
9Now about brotherly love we do not need to write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love each other. 10And in fact, you do love all the brothers throughout Macedonia. Yet we urge you, brothers, to do so more and more.
11Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, 12so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

There were others too.  I would love to say that I'm so smart or that I have such great will power or say this or that because I've managed this so well.  but actually, it's the Lord's doing.  

Grace & God's Joy be your strength

Doing unto others as you would have them do unto you would include not finding your neighbor's biggest fault and then harping on it as if it were your mission.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the