Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:26:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Correct vs. incorrect interpretations
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Correct vs. incorrect interpretations  (Read 4824 times)
nimble

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2004, 02:43:45 AM »

not in its entirety. My grandma used to read me the bible when I was about 10-14. I think we got past genesis and numbers and a few others. I dont remember much.
His_child

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2004, 02:46:52 AM »

How do you know that God is nonexistant when you know so little about His Book?

I try to carry on the rest of this conversation another time.
It's late and I have to go to work tomorrow.

Good night.

I'm not following a God that's imagined.
Can't invent His deity.
That's why Jesus is the final answer
To Who I want my God to be.
He's Who I want my God to be.
-  Who? by Peter Furler and Steve Taylor (Newsboys)
Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2004, 06:46:41 AM »

Life after death? Hmm...im not sure, but isnt the concept of life OPPOSED to death? So wouldnt it be a contradiction to say that there is life after death?

I should think that might depend on how you define life, and a dictionery would not suffice for the "life" we are looking towards as christians.

The "human" life we live is fleeting and momentary; we are dying every day.

The life we live in christ will bring us to life eternal.

Yah, Yah,....I know - prove it. I have my proof. I've already found it, and you would never understand nor believe it, til you can find it for yourself.

The proof you ask for doesn't come from humanity, or human reasoning.

Yep, I know....no proof at all.

Joh 20:29  Jesus said to him, Thomas, because you have seen Me you have believed. Blessed are they who have not seen and have believed.

Gracey

1Pe 4:14  If you are reviled for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of God and of glory rests on you. Truly according to them, He is blasphemed, but according to you He is glorified.

†† Guided by God ††
Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2004, 07:03:44 AM »

"You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inert, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it." - Morpheus, The Matrix

unplugged.....

Plugged in, I guess....God is my power supply.

inert.....(according to the dictionery..)

Having only a limited ability to react chemically; not active
Unable to move or resist motion
Slow and apathetic

No, not "inert". I have a body composed of chemicals which react, whether I want them to or not ( Tongue); I am active in many ways; I am able (Jud 1:24  Now to Him being able to keep you without stumbling, and to set you before His glory without blemish, with unspeakable joy; ); uh, well, I may be a little slow some days, but not generally apathetic  Undecided

hopelessly dependent on the system....

Yes, I am hopelessly dependent on God, and it's glorious.

fight to protect it....

God hardly needs my protection. He is quite able.

Gracey

Psa 18:30  As for God, His way is perfect; the Word of Jehovah is tried; He is a shield to all those who trust in Him.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2004, 07:06:37 AM by Gracey » Logged

†† Guided by God ††
His_child

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2004, 11:45:16 AM »

Would you give me a reason to read his book? O wait, "reason" implies that stupid human logic thing doesnt it? Is there any reason why the book makes sense? Or is that stupid human logic? Isnt language derived from human reasoning? Isnt the computer you are typing on derived from human reasoning? same can be said about your A/C and heating, car, planes, kleenex, hair gel, sunglasses, etc.

When a non-Christian comes onto a Christian site and wants to argue what we believe, then that person should know what we believe.

Can't invent His deity.
Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2004, 02:27:27 PM »

Gracey:

As those plugged into the Matrix would have fought for their illusion, so do you.  

Ahhh, no. There is no reason to fight; to what end would I do so? If there is no faith; no trust; no belief in you (or anyone - not trying to get personal) there is nothing but the holy spirit that would convince such a one.

Fighting doesn't solve any issues, it only creates more. Debate, however, is something else. It isn't supposed to be based on personality, but it does seem to get that way sometimes.

Peace
Gracey

†† Guided by God ††
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2004, 04:23:57 PM »

Neo, how do you exist? How can you prove you are alive?
How do you know if your heart is harden?

As it is written, For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Eph 2:8-10.

You see it says, "That we should walk in them."

But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Eph 2:4

See Neo he loves us, not only me but, you as well.

Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved) Eph 2:5

Please look in your Bible. Parts of the Bible is not, pre-trib, the information is for the Tribulation. Which is where, you are getting your information. Learning from the Bible is an experence, that you learn from the Lord. The Lord opens your eyes, when you are saved. Mankind can not know the will of God, unless that person has been saved, through the Grace of God.
Reading the Bible now Neo you see what you want to see. Reading the Bible after Gods Grace (saved), you can read it differently.
I am not attacking you at all Neo, I am informing you of how non-believers, vs, believers view the Bible. Before I was saved it had read the Bible, and it didn't make that much sense. Now that I have been saved, the Bible makes a whole-lotta sense.

Go in peace with God
DW

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2004, 08:15:29 PM »

I agree, Bronzesnake...Or desperately seeking even though he won't admit it. One or the other.
Or children of the devil hopless and dead.

Support your local Christian.
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2004, 08:24:00 PM »

Perhaps "fight" is too strong a word.

Regardless, if belief only comes through the holy spirit, and God only has mercy on those he specifically chooses (Romans 9:18 - "Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth," then if my "heart is hardened against God," it is God, not I, who has done the hardening. I can only be "saved" if God decides I should be.

Otherwise, God just throws me into eternal torment! Smiley
"if belief only comes through the holy spirit, and God only has mercy on those he specifically chooses"

Faith comes form hearing and hearing by the word of God.
The word of God calls one to faith.

Acts 2:21.  And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. "Whosoever" seems to open it up a bit wider than specifically chosen.

Ollie

Support your local Christian.
His_child

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2004, 12:24:17 AM »

a Christian as most of us are here believe in the Lord. We believe because we can feel his presents.
Presence, I hope.  Or are you thinking of Father Christmas?  Wink

I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one who makes those type of typos.

ebia- you are free to take friendly jabs anytime I make a grammatical error. I promise to come back with a smile.

Can't invent His deity.
nimble

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2004, 01:15:53 AM »

the definition of infinite is not TRULY known to man, as it is not a concept related to reality. It is an abstraction that is used in imagination for the furthering of some mathematic principles. Everything in reality is finite in nature. And while there are possibilities for infinite things such as matter can exist "forever" but we do not know yet. For, none of us can exist long enough to observe the infinite nature of things. So infinite, is only the negation of what men do know which is the term finite.
nimble

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2004, 02:18:42 AM »

if you read my post, you would know that you only strengthened my point. Math uses it for arguments sake. Infinite lines do not exist. Infinite is not a reality based concept. Can you point out anything REAL that is infinite? And if you claim it is infinite, how can you prove it? It is merely an arbitrary axiom accepted to further a mathematic principle. I mentioned nothing about throwing away math, and I did not attack theology in my post. I think you are being too defensive. I am through trying to argue the "non-existence" of god. I was just helping with the definition conflict you and Neo were having.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2004, 04:05:32 AM »

if you read my post, you would know that you only strengthened my point. Math uses it for arguments sake. Infinite lines do not exist. Infinite is not a reality based concept. Can you point out anything REAL that is infinite? And if you claim it is infinite, how can you prove it? It is merely an arbitrary axiom accepted to further a mathematic principle. I mentioned nothing about throwing away math, and I did not attack theology in my post. I think you are being too defensive. I am through trying to argue the "non-existence" of god. I was just helping with the definition conflict you and Neo were having.

That may be somewhat positive, but there is still no evidence that you and the rest of the trolls on the forum right now read and understood the forum rules. You really shouldn't speak of math and science if you can't comprehend the meaning of the forum rules.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2004, 04:42:13 AM »

Neo & Nimble,

Both of you have already received warnings about obeying the forum rules. I have started deleting and/or modifying your posts, so that means I am close to voting for you to be banned.

You will NOT characterize, define, or limit Almighty God here. Your attempts to do so appear to be intentional mockery of Almighty God, and that will not be tolerated here. Your total ignorance and lack of respect to the Almighty is well noted.

This warning is public. One more violation of the forum rules and both of you will be involved in a magic act - your disappearance.

Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2004, 10:50:20 PM »

AAAMember, we have heard the kinds of things you believe many, many times. We have also heard dirty jokes many, many, times. We're not afraid of either. It's simply more pleasant to be around people who are not filled with mockery and hatred.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the