Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:16:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Movies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Toy Story with a Twist
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Toy Story with a Twist  (Read 1502 times)
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« on: June 15, 2004, 08:21:44 AM »

The Claw
Perhaps one of the greatest evils ever created by man is the "claw machine." You know what I'm talking about. That vindictive machine that stalks our children at every turn in an effort to steal every quarter they have. It's big Plexiglas vault packed with worthless toys that would tempt any child. It's cheap weakling excuse of a claw that couldn't pick up the dust in the air much less one of those toys. My children would throw into that machine every quarter they could get there hands on if we would let them. It's just so tempting!

I love the scene of the "claw machine" in the movie Toy Story (the quotes in this article are from that scene and Daniel 3:8-30). Woody and Buzz Lightyear end up in the machine with hundreds of little three-eyed aliens. Buzz asks, "Who's in charge here?"

All the aliens respond, "The Claw." One of them says, "The Claw's our Master." Another one adds, "The Claw chooses who will go and who will stay."

Woody scoffs, "This is ludicrous."

Yet, how many of us are in service to the "claw" in our own lives. We see friends, relatives, bosses and others as influential advisors, but in reality they are "the claw" that serves as a dictator in our lives.

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego served under "the claw." King Nebuchadnezzar declared that all people would bow down and worship him. After all, he chooses "who will go and who will stay," who will be promoted and who will go to the fiery furnace.

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego said, "This is ludicrous." Actually they said, "If that is the case, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us . . . But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up."

All the aliens said, "Shhhh! The Claw moves." Nebuchadnezzar had Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego bound and thrown into the fire.

The Claw grabs Buzz. Woody tries to rescue him. One of the aliens says, "He has been chosen." Another alien adds, "He must go!" And all the aliens cheer in excitement as the Claw pulls its prize towards inevitable demise. And Woody screamed, "Stop it, you Zealots!"

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego are all three thrown into the fiery furnace. As the king watches he says, "Look! I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire; and they are not hurt, and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God." As if to say, "Stop it, you Zealots!"

And an alien says, "A stranger." Another one adds, "From the outside." And all the aliens join together in surprise, "Oooohhhhh!"

Then Nebuchadnezzar called the three from the fire and declared, "Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego, who has sent His Angel and delivered His servants who trusted in Him, and they have frustrated the king's word [loosely translated "frustrated the Claw"], and yielded their bodies, that they should not serve nor worship any god except their own God! . . . there is no other God who can deliver like this."

Is there a "claw" in your life? Are there people, standards, or expectations that are compelling you to bow down and worship worldly ideals? Certainly, the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego, is able to rescue you from the fiery furnace of life. Surely, He is able to rescue you from the "Claw" that is compelling you to become something other than what God created you to be. Only He does not send an angel to walk with you in the furnace, He sent His Son to live in and through you as you walk through the furnace of life.

Stop throwing away all your quarters, resources, time, and energy to become something the Claw has chosen for you. It's time to say, "This is ludicrous. Stop it, you Zealots!" Throw off the whims of the Claw and become who God has created you to be!

©2004 Warren Martin and Life.Quest Publications. All Rights Reserved.

CleansedSpirit

For He has cleansed me, and made me whole!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 03:58:30 PM »

Grin

Psalm 51:1 "Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy loving kindness: according to the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions."

Wot,Wot, it's me, Hon Rosie, with a differant name.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the