Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:08:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Could someone explain?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Could someone explain?  (Read 6887 times)
Broken

xLOSERx

View Profile WWW
« on: May 31, 2003, 09:06:18 PM »

Just wondering if someone could explain the various ideas about the end times.

I know that there are people who believe in a rapture, and those who don't. Those who think this rapture will happen before, during or after the tribulation....that sort of thing.

Could someone explain all the variants and why people believe each one?

-Emma

And God will say:
Depart from me I never knew you!
I never knew you!
Never.

Man disavows, and Deity disowns me:
Hell might afford my miseries a shelter;
Therefore Hell keeps her ever-hungry mouths all
Bolted against me.
-Cowper
Bronzesnake
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2003, 12:02:57 AM »

Hi Broken.

There are tons of books on the subject so I think it would be impossible to even give a "nutshell" explanation that would adequately cover each philosophy.

I believe in the pre-trib Rapture.

This is from another topic where I posted the following...

There will definitely be a pre-tribulation Rapture.  The Lord will call Christians home before the Tribulation begins. Here are some verses that would be good for you to look up: I Thessalonians 4:16,17, I Corinthians 15:51,52 and Revelation 3:10.  The book of Revelation was written chronologically.  Revelation 1:19 says:  “Write the things which thou hast seen, the things which are and the things which shall be hereafter” (past, present and future).  Chapter 1 speaks of the past and chapters 2 and 3 speak of the present.  Time wise, we are approximately at Revelation 3:15,16 and 17—the cold, lukewarm, lackadaisical Laodicean church.  The future is shown in chapters 4-22.

The next event is Revelation 4:1 where John says: “After this I looked, and behold the door was open and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither…” This is the Rapture.  Some people think this passage is speaking only to John but if you read ahead you will see that verses 10 and 11 talk about the 24 elders casting their crowns before the throne.  This scene must take place after the Judgment Seat of Christ in order for the 24 elders to have crowns to cast at Jesus feet.  The Judgment Seat of Christ cannot take place unless all Christians are present.  This would mean that the Rapture has taken place.

The next event in Revelation, after the Rapture, is chapter 6, which is the Tribulation.  Since chapter 4 comes before chapter 6 (the Tribulation) then we must conclude that the Rapture does take place before the Tribulation.

Let the arguing commence! Cheesy

Photogrunt

I am an Army of One for The One!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2003, 04:44:16 PM »

Hey Broken,

There are 3 major camps of thought as far as the end times:

Pre-Tribs or Premilinialists:  Christ will come and take all the believers away at the dawn of the start of the 7 year Tribulation callendar.  He will then return at the end of the 7 years to reign on earth for 1000 years.  Interpretation of the Revelations are taken as literal, in-your-face events...locust hoards and all.

Amilinialist:  They believe that we are currently living in the end times, and that the discriptions of Revelations are figurative in nature.  Christ will return at the appointed time, but that time is vague.

Post-millinialists:  They believe that Christ will return at the appointed time after the 7 year tribulation.  There is no "pre-millinial rapture".  Interpretation of the word follows along the same lines as the premils, but with that one exception.

I think there might be one other camp of thought out there, but it eludes me at present.  If there is anyone out there with a better discription or fells I'm wrong on my deffinitions above, feel free to correct/ammend me.

As far as why they believe what they do, there are certain factors that led to it:  1: Self discovery (they saw something within their own studies), 2: Church led (their church believes that it is translated like this...so therefore you should believe it also), and 3: Peer lead (Someone showed you something that made you believe).  But no matter what got them there, it all comes down to interpretation.  And that my friend is the rub, because it is a subject of hot and sometimes dividing debate.  People have lost faith because they argued this point.

For me, through a combination of peer and self study, I have come to the concusion that the pre-millinial interpretation is the right one, based on the fact that God has proven that His actions are not figurative...they are literal.  God didn't figuratively part the Red Sea, or send clouds of locust upon Egypt, or figuratively flood the world.  These are actual events that have substance.  So why wouldn't a army of horseman with mounts with snake tails, human heads, and breathing fire not a real thing???  With God, all things are possible!?!  Satan is real...Christ is real...so will the events of the Tribulation.

...But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. (Joshua 24:15b)

I support our troops!
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2003, 07:27:50 PM »

Hey Broken,

There are 3 major camps of thought as far as the end times:

Pre-Tribs or Premilinialists:  Christ will come and take all the believers away at the dawn of the start of the 7 year Tribulation callendar.  He will then return at the end of the 7 years to reign on earth for 1000 years.  Interpretation of the Revelations are taken as literal, in-your-face events...locust hoards and all.

Amilinialist:  They believe that we are currently living in the end times, and that the discriptions of Revelations are figurative in nature.  Christ will return at the appointed time, but that time is vague.

Post-millinialists:  They believe that Christ will return at the appointed time after the 7 year tribulation.  There is no "pre-millinial rapture".  Interpretation of the word follows along the same lines as the premils, but with that one exception.

I think there might be one other camp of thought out there, but it eludes me at present.  If there is anyone out there with a better discription or fells I'm wrong on my deffinitions above, feel free to correct/ammend me.

As far as why they believe what they do, there are certain factors that led to it:  1: Self discovery (they saw something within their own studies), 2: Church led (their church believes that it is translated like this...so therefore you should believe it also), and 3: Peer lead (Someone showed you something that made you believe).  But no matter what got them there, it all comes down to interpretation.  And that my friend is the rub, because it is a subject of hot and sometimes dividing debate.  People have lost faith because they argued this point.

For me, through a combination of peer and self study, I have come to the concusion that the pre-millinial interpretation is the right one, based on the fact that God has proven that His actions are not figurative...they are literal.  God didn't figuratively part the Red Sea, or send clouds of locust upon Egypt, or figuratively flood the world.  These are actual events that have substance.  So why wouldn't a army of horseman with mounts with snake tails, human heads, and breathing fire not a real thing???  With God, all things are possible!?!  Satan is real...Christ is real...so will the events of the Tribulation.

Post Millinialist, isn't that after the thousand year reign of Christ on Earth??

Petro

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2003, 09:13:13 AM »

I think it is after just the seven years, when Christ returns, Petro.

Yikes, Broken.  That's a whole textbook, Could someone explain all the variants, and a whole separate textbook, and why people believe each one.  Hehe.  Will this be on the final?  Your just making us pay, arent' you, for all the misery you have to go through as a student?  I don't blame you.  Misery loves company.  Hehe.

Seriously, I've heard the whine that with all of the martyr suffering down through the ages,  it's a bit presumptive to assume still that believers in the last days, as in Tim Lehaye's book and movie, Left Behind, will escape and be "raptured" before the tribulation.  It's a nice thought, but doesn't seem very fair.

I tend to agree with that whine, so my whole leanings are that we won't be taken up until that actual coming of Christ, at the end of a seven year period.

This seven year period is divided into two halves, distinguished by the Antichrist taking his place in the throne, in the temple(most likely on the Temple Mount there in Jerusalem), at the end of the first half.  This will be the definitive "unveiling" of the Antichrist.  

For that first 3 and 1/2 years, it is thought likely that the Antichrist's identity will possibly be unknown, although it is said there will be certain things to look for(that he will be a Jew, that he will have no desire for women(homosexual??), etc.), and that some may figure it out.

My understanding to this view is that the Two Witnesses will be active during this first  3 and 1/2 years, also, so from that it would seem apparent we'll definitely know when we are in that period, sense they will be working some pretty impressive miracles.  It is thought, at least by me(hehe), that these Two Witnesses may not even know their own identity until their activity actually begins(it may have been possible that Jesus himself did not know all of his unfolding until it was within short view).

Once the Two Witnesses are killed and then taken up into heaven, and the Antichrist announces himself, and he cause the animal sacrifice, which also will have been going on for the first half, to cease(which, incidentally, DOES seem to dovetail nicely with the current, growing animal-rights league, etc.), then it will be the wrath of Satan, for 3 and 1/2 years, because he knows that he has only a short time left.  I "think" that's how it is.

Arguably, we are so close to all of this now.  The vice and crime, the bloodshed, the growing homosexual, or bi-sexual bent of the populace generally, the continued threat of war and "rumors of wars"...  all on now a global scale.

Most every statement above is supported by one or another scripture.  On the Antichrist, it is apparent from all of 1 John that "antichrist" is also a spirit, for anyone rejecting that Jesus is the Christ, and not just a particular individual.

But there are scriptural supports for the other views, including even the view, I suppose, that much of what Revelation describes somehow has already taken place, or took place in the 1st century A.D.(I think the Church of Chirst believes some or all of this?).

« Last Edit: June 08, 2003, 09:29:09 AM by Symphony » Logged
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2003, 09:16:58 AM »

Hi Broken
Im a no rapsure.Theres just to many unanswered questions about it.Such as the last trumpet.

1COR.15[50] Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.[51] Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,[52] In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed

1 COR. The LAST trumpet sounds
Joel 2   There blows a trumpet            

JOEL 2 [1] Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;[2] A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.

In Cor. the WORD says its the LAST TRUMPET (the last) and you have trumpets blowing in Joel 2 on the day of the LORD. The Day of the Lord will last but 1 year(according to scripture). So there is no room for a mid or pre trib. rapture. Cor.15 is speakin of the gathering of Gods people when He shall bring them to HIS kingdom for the 1000 yr period of rest which is spoken of in Revelations.

DEUT.30  [1] And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath driven thee,[2] And shalt return unto the LORD thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul;[3] That then the LORD thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath scattered thee.[4] If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will the LORD thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee:[5] And the LORD thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers.

That then the LORD thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath scattered thee

In the twinkling of an eye
Bronzesnake
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2003, 01:36:10 PM »

W&S..

The last trump of God is blown in Rev 4

Rev 4:1   After this I looked, and, behold, a door [was] opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard [was] as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.  

Rev 4:2   And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and [one] sat on the throne.  

There is a definate distinction made here. The trump that John describes here is actually God's own voice...God's "trump"

This is the last time we hear God's trump, after this the only trumps we find are being blown at God's direction by angels.

Read what happens following God's last trump

1Th 4:16   For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  

1Th 4:17   Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

These verses have God's "Last trump" the dead rising first, immediately followed by those who are still alive being "caught up" (Raptured) together in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.

Then for further proof that we have been Raptured up to Heaven, we find verses further on in Revelation that depicts us returning to the earth with Jesus.

Rev 19:11   And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him [was] called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.  

Rev 19:12   His eyes [were] as a flame of fire, and on his head [were] many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.  

Rev 19:13   And he [was] clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.  

Rev 19:14   And the armies [which were] in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.  

The armies which were in Heaven...that's us. How do we know?

Rev 7:13   And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?  

Rev 7:14   And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.  

No where in the scripture that you provided are these events described...they are seperate events. The rapture happens at God's last trump. Many other events take place following trumpet warnings which are blown by angels, and not God.

Following our return with Jesus there is a thousand years of rest.

Rev 20:1   And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.  

Rev 20:2   And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,      
    Rev 20:3   And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.  

Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2003, 08:55:11 AM »

Thanks Bronze
So what your saying is the last trumpet is not really the last trumpet, but the last trumpet blown by God himself?

Ya also wrote

1Th 4:16  For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  
    1Th 4:17   Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

1Thes.4        clouds  -  trumpet  -  voice
Zeph 1         clouds   -  trumpet  -  voice

ZEHP.1  [14] The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.[15] That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,[16] A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers.

Bronze ya see my problem here. Zeph. and Thes. are saying the same things. Only in Zeph. the Day of the Lord is mentioned by name. Again that day last but 1 year according to scripture.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2003, 12:59:17 PM »

W&S quote...
Thanks Bronze
So what your saying is the last trumpet is not really the last trumpet, but the last trumpet blown by God himself?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Read the verse again, then see if you can find God sounding a trumpet anywhere else. You won't find it. The rest of the trumpets are blown by angels.

1Th 4:16  For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  

Ya also wrote

1Th 4:17  Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

So, here wehave the Lord (Jesus) descending from Heaven with a "shout" also with the voice of the archangel "Michael" and with the trump of God(Now here's the major difference from the verses you are useing) The next thing that happens is every believer who has died since Christ's first coming will "rise" first, then, every believer remaining who is alive will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet Christ. This is the rapture W&S, and this scene is not depicted anywhere in the verses you are useing, because they are seperate events.

1Thes.4        clouds  -  trumpet  -  voice
Zeph 1        clouds  -  trumpet  -  voice

Yes, the words are the same as are many, many words used in different verses in the bible. However, they don't describe the same events.
In Thes 4. The words are clearly used to describe God calling all believers with His final trump, who are then raised off the earth into the clouds to meet Jesus.

The word in Zeph are not used in the same context. They are used to describe the terrifying condition of the earth because of the events takeing place during the wrath of God

ZEHP.1  [14] The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.[15] That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,[16] A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers.

Look at the wording used at the begining of that verse.

The great day of the LORD is near, it is near,

It's not here, it is near.

and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD

There is a clear distinction from the great day of the LORD and the voice of the day of the Lord.

So this verse is telling us that, the day of the Lord is near, and because it is so close it causes the voice of the day of the Lord to occur sooner, it hasteth greatly

So why would the voice of the day of the Lord happen before the great day of the Lord?
Because the voice of God is the signal which causes the rapture of His saints to occure, before the wrath begins

Bronze ya see my problem here. Zeph. and Thes. are saying the same things. Only in Zeph. the Day of the Lord is mentioned by name. Again that day last but 1 year according to scripture.

I have tried to show you that they are not the same events W&S my friend.

The Tribulation lasts for seven years, not one W&S. I think you're confusing the word "day" used in that scripture. The word day is used to describe the beging of God's wrath, not the duration. It means, that is the day God's wrath begins. If it meant a litteral year, then the trumpet alarm mentioned there would have to last for an entire year.

Talk to ya soon my brother.
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2003, 02:55:55 PM »

Hi Bronze
I also have trouble with somethin written in Job.

When shall we “ALL” be changed
1COR.15[50] Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.[51] Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,[52] In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.[53] For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.[54] So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

JOB 14  [12] So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep.[13] O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me![14] If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.

Job knew when we shall “ALL”  be changed. After the wrath has past and after the heavens be no more. In Isaiah 34 which is describing the “DAY OF THE LORD” the WORD says that at that time the heavens shall be dissolved. So Bronze, ya see once again all these rapture scriptures appear to be speaking of The Day of the Lord. And i know that the Day of the Lord is not the entire tribulation period. Its the final year(according to scripture).
Bronzesnake
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2003, 09:24:03 PM »

Hi W&S...

Remember Job was Old Testament, and yes, he did know when he would be raised...
     Job 14:13   O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me!  

Job 14:14   If a man die, shall he live [again]? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.  

We are forgiven of our sins through acceptance of Jesus' sacrafice on the cross. The Old Testament saints obviously could not accept Jesus, because Jesus wasn't on earth in their time. All faithful Christians will be raptured, Old Testament saints are not Christians, and must wait " until thy wrath be past"

Only faithful Christians - those who have been alive from the time of Christ and on are Raptured.
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2003, 10:43:35 AM »

Hi Bronze

Matt.27  [50] Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.[51] And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;[52] And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
[53] And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Who are these guys, could Job be one of them? Where are they now? Could these be the saints that will be with Jesus at HIS coming?
Bronzesnake
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2003, 01:26:01 PM »

Hi Bronze

Matt.27  [50] Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.[51] And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;[52] And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
[53] And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.Who are these guys, could Job be one of them? Where are they now? Could these be the saints that will be with Jesus at HIS coming?

Jesus resurrected Lazarus as well as a young girl. There were some who were resurrected as are depicted in the verse you posted. These people lived a time and then died, as did Lazerus. The bible doesn't give details on who these people were. I doubt very seriously that any of them were Old Testament saints, if they were it surely would have been pointed out. Job understood that he would not be resurrected until after God's wrath was complete, the same goes for all Old Testament saints.

Where are they now?

2Cr 5:6   Therefore [we are] always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:  

2Cr 5:7   (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)  

2Cr 5:8   We are confident, [I say], and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.  

When we die we are "absent from the body" so our bodies are in the grave, while we reside in spirit with the Lord.
At the rapture, all Christians will have their bodies reconstituted into eternal bodies. The dead in Christ will have their spirits reunited with their new eternal bodies, those who remain alive at that time will be "changed" into their eternal form and be raised (raptured) by Jesus.

1Cr 15:50   Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.  

1Cr 15:51   Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,  

1Cr 15:52   In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.  

1Cr 15:53   For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal [must] put on immortality.  

1Cr 15:54   So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.  

Could these be the saints that will be with Jesus at HIS coming?

If they have faith in Jesus they will be raptured along with all the dead believers and Raptured. All the raptured will return with Jesus at His coming.
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2003, 09:37:37 AM »

Mornin Bronze
Only a few more questions i have. Who are these people spoken of in scriptures below that will be hidden and protected  through the tribulation? According to these scriptures they are protected from the beginning, no harm done to them. Now, if God is capable of protecting these people who are not appointed to wrath, why couldnt HE protect those you say are rapsured?

JOHN 17 [14] I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as
I am not of the world.[15] I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.[16] They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.[17] Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

ISAIAH 26 [20] Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.[21] For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover
her slain.

ZEPH.2 [2] Before the decree bring forth, before the day pass as the chaff, before the fierce anger of the LORD come upon you, before the day of the LORD's anger come upon you.[3] Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth,
which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD's anger.

PROVERBS 3  [25] Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh.[26] For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2003, 04:52:44 PM »

Hello W&S

I believe that those who have heard the Gospel message and rejected it
will NOT be automatically condemned after the Rapture. Joel 2:28-32
contains prophecies concerning the Tribulation Hour. It says “And it
shall come to pass that whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord
shall be delivered”. Peter refers to Joel 2 in his sermon at Pentecost
in Acts chapter 2. We also see in Romans 10:13 that God says: “For
whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved”. We see
through these texts a clear indication that in all ages God has allowed
any one to be saved who would put their faith in Jesus, the Messiah.

Every believer will be evacuated at the rapture, but then the greatest
revival in history occurs on earth as the 144,000 Jews begin to proclaim
the message that the kingdom of Christ is at hand. (Revelation 7: 4-8)
Those who were converted during the tribulation hour are “These which
have come out of the great tribulation and have washed their robes white
in the blood of the lamb.” (Verse 14).

Many Christians have been taught that the Holy Spirit leaves the earth
with the rapture. That’s impossible. The Holy Spirit is the 3rd member
of the Trinity of God. God is omnipresent – He’s everywhere at all
times. (Psalm 139:7) The confusion comes from a misinterpretation of
II Thessalonians 2:7. “…He who now hinders will hinder until he be
taken out of the way and then shall that wicked one, the antichrist be
revealed”. The Holy Spirit is not the hinderer, Christians are. We
are the temple of the Holy Spirit. So when we’re the ones who will be
taken out of the way. Joel 2:28 and Acts 2:17 clearly state, “I will
pour out my Spirit upon ALL flesh.” The book of Revelation is written
chronologically. In chapters 2 & 3 we have the history of the seven
churches. After chapter 4:1, (“Come up hither”), the term church is
never used again. In verses 10 and 11, the elders are laying their
crowns at Jesus’ feet. You can’t get your crowns before the
resurrection of the dead – the rapture. In chapter 5, verse 9, they are
singing about their return to the earth to rule and reign with Christ.
You can’t come down if you’ve never gone up.

Later my friend.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the