Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:21:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  Questions, help, suggestions, and bug reports (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Let's make this a forum solely for christians!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let's make this a forum solely for christians!  (Read 2793 times)
homie

Halal Yahve!

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2004, 06:05:15 PM »

Why are atheists drawn to these christian forums? If you are frequent posters in christians forums such as this I think you know the answer. 99.9% of the Atheists who visit christian forums come to mock us and God. I just want to find one, just one christian forum where I can converse and share with christian brethren and sisters without some atheist with his blasphemous statements, mocking God, and mocking/ridiculing us for believing in Him and His Word. Is this too much to ask?

I say we permanently ban every member who is not a christian. I know many will say things such as:
1. Perhaps they come here seeking God and truth
2. We want to welcome everybody
3. Wouldn't that be a bit fundamentalist and undemocratic?
4. etc...

To that I say, there are plenty of forums, actually every christian forum I've found accepts atheist posters. So where does that leave us? The Atheists have plenty of christian forums to choose from, but the christians have not a single refuge, not a single sanctuary to get away from the mocking and seek advice and intelligent debate!

Let this be forum the forum solely for christians. The first on the net! What do you say people?
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 09:49:53 PM »

1. Perhaps they come here seeking God and truth
2. We want to welcome everybody
Those two reasons sum it up for me.

Even if the forum was "banned" to 'others' - how you discern what is in someone's heart?  Just because they type in "I'm a Christian", are they?

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 03:27:09 AM »

One thing you didn't point out homie. What if they are looking towards God. By banning the atheists out of this forum, they wouldn't be able to ask questions about God. Now then that, would be a sin. To denie the word of God to anyone.

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2004, 04:22:55 AM »

As others have said, there are three major problems:

1.  Do you really want to ban anyone with even a hint of searching for God in their heart.
2.  How do you define "Christian"
3.  How do you find out who does and doesn't fit your definition?

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
homie

Halal Yahve!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2004, 08:41:36 AM »

Even if the forum was "banned" to 'others' - how you discern what is in someone's heart?  Just because they type in "I'm a Christian", are they?
I thought about that and should have included it in the 1st post, my mistake. Anyway, the answer is simple: The only ones banned would be those who obviously are not christians, they would reveal themselves by:
1. Blasphemous remarks/rants
2. Constantly refering to the Bible as "That stupid book" or "That old useless book"
3. Plainly saying they are not christian.

The goal is a forum where christians can interact without constantly being mocked for their faith.

As for the "problem" of the 1 % of Atheists who visits these christian forums because they are actually interested/seeking/curios/etc... , it is not a problem because:
Homie
The Atheists have plenty of christian forums to choose from, but the christians have not a single refuge, not a single sanctuary to get away from the mocking and seek advice and intelligent debate!
I am not creating a new christian doctrine, don't read more into my suggestion than it is. I am not suggesting every christian forum should ban atheists, but that there should be some forums that are only for christians, what is the problem with that?

If the result of my suggestion is that ONE less soul enters into the kingdom of God then burn my suggestion and let's never speak of it again. But I don't think that is the case, nor is it the intent.
Yoyostick

L.E.A.H. and the Trashmobile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2004, 07:15:04 PM »

In my opinion, it should be anything goes. God doesn't want us to isolate ourselves. Even if somebody comes here and criticizes us, we should still let him stay. We don't want to put out the picture that we're a bunch of sensitive snobs. Furhermore, the best prizes don't come easy. What I mean is that if somebody comes and starts "mouthing off" if we persevere instead of turning up our noses, maybe he would change.

That's my opinion.

Jesus is Life!
"For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting LIFE." -John 3:16
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2004, 11:32:10 PM »

That's my opinion.

Hey!  I have one of those!  Opinions that is.  (Okay - maybe I have more than one.)
 Grin

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Yoyostick

L.E.A.H. and the Trashmobile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2004, 05:51:15 PM »

That's my opinion.

Hey!  I have one of those!  Opinions that is.  (Okay - maybe I have more than one.)
 Grin

What is it?  Grin

Jesus is Life!
"For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting LIFE." -John 3:16
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2004, 06:00:17 PM »

Most atheists are searching.
They want to believe in God but the rejection they acquire through needing to touch, see, hear, taste, and smell to prove something is tangible seems stronger than an open heart to the Spirit of God through faith.

Perhaps someone here might have the key to that closed heart through which the sword of the Holy Spirit will prick it.

Ollie

Support your local Christian.
Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2004, 06:04:43 PM »

Most atheists are searching.
They want to believe in God but the rejection they acquire through needing to touch, see, hear, taste, and smell to prove something is tangible seems stronger than an open heart to the Spirit of God through faith.

Perhaps someone here might have the key to that closed heart through which the sword of the Holy Spirit will prick it.

Ollie

AMEN

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2004, 06:34:25 PM »

Quote from: JudgeNot on June 10, 2004, 11:32:10 PM
Quote:
That's my opinion.

What is it?  

My opinion is...  Satan will have hell to pay!  (Hmmm - maybe that's more fact than opinion!)  Grin

JPD
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2004, 01:35:39 AM »

Also banning people from the site will allow Satan, to have a field day. Cry

homie

Halal Yahve!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2004, 06:55:43 AM »

Yoystick
We don't want to put out the picture that we're a bunch of sensitive snobs
Since when does "not wanting to be ridiculed" make you a sensitive snobb.

Dreamweaver
Also banning people from the site will allow Satan, to have a field day.
No, it wont, it will allow christians to have a field day. It will be a loss for Satan that he can no longer use his Atheists to break the spirits of christians, and create strife among them, which is typical for christian forums w/atheists.
homie

Halal Yahve!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2004, 07:03:58 AM »

Yoystick
God doesn't want us to isolate ourselves
Where do you get this from?
Certainly not from the Bible:

2Co 6:14 Don't be unequally yoked with unbelievers, for what fellowship have righteousness and iniquity? Or what communion has light with darkness?
2Co 6:15 What agreement has Christ with Belial? Or what portion has a believer with an unbeliever?
2Co 6:16 What agreement has a temple of God with idols? For you are a temple of the living God. Even as God said, "I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they will be my people."
2Co 6:17 Therefore, "'Come out from among them, And be separate,' says the Lord, 'Touch no unclean thing. I will receive you.

Have you all forgetten about this?
The same Lord you says this tells us to go out and mission. But there lies the difference: Christians are supposed to have fellowship among themselves uninterrupted and GO OUT INTO THE WORLD to bring the gospel to them.
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2004, 08:52:11 AM »

What better place to go out into the world with the gospel than on a world wide web site. Oh, modern technology what a tool for being a witness for/to Christ. Pray it is used with God's wisdom.

Ollie

Support your local Christian.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the