Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:20:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  Questions, help, suggestions, and bug reports (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Let's make this a forum solely for christians!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let's make this a forum solely for christians!  (Read 2792 times)
Yoyostick

L.E.A.H. and the Trashmobile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2004, 09:14:07 PM »

Yoystick
God doesn't want us to isolate ourselves
Where do you get this from?
Certainly not from the Bible:

2Co 6:14 Don't be unequally yoked with unbelievers, for what fellowship have righteousness and iniquity? Or what communion has light with darkness?
2Co 6:15 What agreement has Christ with Belial? Or what portion has a believer with an unbeliever?
2Co 6:16 What agreement has a temple of God with idols? For you are a temple of the living God. Even as God said, "I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they will be my people."
2Co 6:17 Therefore, "'Come out from among them, And be separate,' says the Lord, 'Touch no unclean thing. I will receive you.

Have you all forgetten about this?
The same Lord you says this tells us to go out and mission. But there lies the difference: Christians are supposed to have fellowship among themselves uninterrupted and GO OUT INTO THE WORLD to bring the gospel to them.

First of all, the verse about being unequally yoked is referring to marriage, and all the other verses are referring to not becoming like the world. They're not referring to interacting with the world in the hope that you can change something.

And yes, I do get what I said from the Bible. Jesus did not isolate himself. Remember all the trouble he caused when he went to Nicodeamus' (spelling, please) house? He was surrounded by what where considered some of the most sinful people in the world. Clearly he didn't want to be isolated.

Jesus is Life!
"For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting LIFE." -John 3:16
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2004, 12:45:59 AM »

Yoystick
We don't want to put out the picture that we're a bunch of sensitive snobs
Since when does "not wanting to be ridiculed" make you a sensitive snobb.

Dreamweaver
Also banning people from the site will allow Satan, to have a field day.
No, it wont, it will allow christians to have a field day. It will be a loss for Satan that he can no longer use his Atheists to break the spirits of christians, and create strife among them, which is typical for christian forums w/atheists.
No because we will not being allow to share the word with the unbelievers. Therefore we would not be spreading the word of God.

homie

Halal Yahve!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2004, 06:54:30 PM »

I see what you are saying, using the example with Jesus. But that was Jesus doing missionary work. I think it's great with missionary work/evangelism (or whatever word you prefer), but I believe in christian fellowship, to boost up, get the energy to meet the world and its ridicule again.

In RL (Real Life) I am in a cellgroup. We are just christians and we worship, pray, discuss, seek/receive advice, and have create good friendships and christian fellowship. Is that wrong? I don't think so.

And what I was thinking was something similar on the web. A forum where christians can meet and have fellowship. A forum where we can witness to atheists is of course a great idea, but not an original one, as every christian forums on the web are for atheists as well.

Wouldn't it be an idea to have a place where one could come when one didn't want to defend ones faith, but just meet and talk to other believers?
Yoyostick

L.E.A.H. and the Trashmobile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2004, 07:28:26 PM »

Well, we could have a few Christian only forums, but as a whole, we need to have a ministry among the lost.

Jesus is Life!
"For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting LIFE." -John 3:16
Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2004, 07:49:21 PM »

Homie:
    Frist, you do not own the site unless you are the Admin. Ray. Second, and I don't think Ray would go for it, and if He did I for one would leave, This is not the only Christian board I post on. Others have tried to take this one over before, and that is what I belive you are doing, other wise you would have gone to the Admin. You are alone in trying to close the board to nonChristian. Why don't you start your own site than you could run it the way you want.

Forrest

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2004, 07:54:35 PM »

Joh 17:18  As You have sent Me into the world, even so I have sent them into the world.

Mat 5:10  Blessed are they who have been persecuted for righteousness sake! For theirs is the kingdom of Heaven.
Mat 5:11  Blessed are you when men shall revile you and persecute you, and shall say all kinds of evil against you falsely, for My sake.

Rom 4:7  saying, "Blessed are those whose lawlessnesses are forgiven, and whose sins are covered;
Rom 8:17  And if we are children, then we are heirs; heirs of God and joint-heirs with Christ; so that if we suffer with Him, we may also be glorified together.

Jam 5:11  Behold, we count blessed those who endure. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is full of pity and of tender mercy.

1Pe 3:14  But if you also suffer for righteousness' sake, you are blessed. And do not fear their fear, nor be troubled,
1Pe 4:14  If you are reviled for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of God and of glory rests on you. Truly according to them, He is blasphemed, but according to you He is glorified.
-----------------------

Personally, I'd rather be one of the "blessed" (ie: attacked/persecuted).

If we want to be like Christ, we have to act like Him. (Something I have a hard enough time trying to do.)  Smiley

†† Guided by God ††
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2004, 09:49:59 AM »

Even if the forum was "banned" to 'others' - how you discern what is in someone's heart?  Just because they type in "I'm a Christian", are they?
I thought about that and should have included it in the 1st post, my mistake. Anyway, the answer is simple: The only ones banned would be those who obviously are not christians, they would reveal themselves by:
1. Blasphemous remarks/rants
2. Constantly refering to the Bible as "That stupid book" or "That old useless book"
3. Plainly saying they are not christian.

The goal is a forum where christians can interact without constantly being mocked for their faith.

As for the "problem" of the 1 % of Atheists who visits these christian forums because they are actually interested/seeking/curios/etc... , it is not a problem because:
Homie
The Atheists have plenty of christian forums to choose from, but the christians have not a single refuge, not a single sanctuary to get away from the mocking and seek advice and intelligent debate!
I am not creating a new christian doctrine, don't read more into my suggestion than it is. I am not suggesting every christian forum should ban atheists, but that there should be some forums that are only for christians, what is the problem with that?

If the result of my suggestion is that ONE less soul enters into the kingdom of God then burn my suggestion and let's never speak of it again. But I don't think that is the case, nor is it the intent.

Just a thought here homie, that someone else may have already interjected.  Were you any different before you were saved?  Did you not rant against God?  Did you not refer to God's word as "stupid" or "useless"?  Did you not say "I'm not a Christian"?  You may say that you didn't.  But God knows differently.  Every time you sinned you ranted against God and blasphemed His Holy Name.  Every time you refused to believe or to even consider, or to even read His Word you called it useless and stupid.  And every time you lived in your sin to its fullest you said proudly and loudly "I am not a Christian!"  No.  You may never have spoken the words, but your life spoke volumes.  And it is that life that God took note of my friend.  And yet...He saved you!  Praise God!

Atheists come to mock yes, but what of those who never post?  Only read what others post but feel as many atheists do?  If we ban, we deny ourselves the opportunity to give a defense of why we believe.  That defense lies in God's Word, and that Word shall not return unto Him void.

One last thought my friend, "...let he who is without sin cast the first stone."   Smiley
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 09:57:54 AM by Allinall » Logged

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2004, 11:13:14 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Homie,

I've had a dying computer or I would have answered this earlier. I think that I can easily speak for ADMIN and say that Christians Unite will never be a Christians only forum. There is a desperate need to share the Gospel of the Grace of God with the lost. I'm positive that will continue here.

We do have a Christians only posting area in Bible Study, and there may be other options when the new forum software becomes available. Regardless, I'm positive that the Gospel of the Grace of God will be shared with the lost here.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the