Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:06:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  What Happened?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What Happened?  (Read 4883 times)
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2004, 09:30:14 AM »

The fabric of the home and community and country fell apart just about the time mothers began leaving their children in the hands of the world, while they went seeking work that paid better wages than that of keeping their homes continually guarded for their husbands and children.  We invested in the wrong account, and little wonder we wound up living in a spiritually bankrupt society.

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2004, 03:52:15 PM »

The fabric of the home and community and country fell apart just about the time mothers began leaving their children in the hands of the world

Amen, Shylynne!
Most folks cite removal of prayer from schools, etc.
The point you bring up is often overlooked - but right on the money!
JN

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2004, 04:56:24 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Shylynne,

Add one more for agreement. It is probably a fact that many in my generation put themselves in a situation where everyone had to work. I didn't live through the great depression, but my parents did. In looking back, there may have been a thought from those in my generation that we wanted more than what we had when we were children. Well, we got a little bit more, but we sure did pay a horrible price for it. I was lucky with very close family ties, so my children were rarely with anyone who didn't read Bible stories and teach them good things. We probably did have to work 2 or more jobs for the first 5 years of our marriage, but we could have made it on one income had we not decided we had to have a bigger house. We had a second child on the way and an 800 square foot house with a massive $66 monthly payment.   Grin  Well, you know what happened with the bigger house.

This may also be the root cause for the explosion of alcohol and drug abuse, and then so many broken marriages. We would have probably all been better off in a tent.   Cheesy

Love In Christ,
Tom

BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2004, 08:47:33 PM »

lol  blackeyepeas

This may also be the root cause for the explosion of alcohol and drug abuse, and then so many broken marriages. We would have probably all been better off in a tent.

my elder neighbor always said to me that the indians were onto something, with a tent you just have to dust it off.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2004, 09:19:17 PM »

my elder neighbor always said to me that the indians were onto something, with a tent you just have to dust it off.

He-he-he.
Butcha - I'm at the age now where down-sizing is the thing to do.  I moved from a 2000 sq ft house to a 1100 sq ft house a few years ago.  My next move will be to either a trailer or a boat.  After that - a teepee may be in order!  Grin

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2004, 02:13:30 PM »

Just picking up on the thread again...Sorry i havn't been more involved, but i've been busy with things around here...anyways. I thank those who have read what i've written and i pray that It will make you think. oh yea...and before i forget...luciferx, you are just supporting my point for what has happened in america. God created ADAM AND EVE, not adam and steve...dude, homosexuality is wrong in an d of itself it is an abomination. God's Word says so and plus, it's just nasty....uggh. Yet this is what America has been reduced to. In our newsletter today at church i wrote this let's see if this will get you to thinking some more:

What a wonderful, magnificent place that the Lord had made for us to live. We are given the trees, the oxygen we breathe, the water to drink, and nature as our playground, but sadly we take for granted the tings that He’s given us. Instead of giving Him the praise and the glory for having given this stuff to us, we just brush Him off to the side often. God, being the gentleman that He is, is certainly disappointed, but He will never force anything upon us. Yet He still loves us. Now, I’m not saying that it is ok to just brush the Almighty aside like a dust bunny. I’m saying that if we are to remain a mighty nation, and we are to remain a nation “Under God” then we must keep God at the forefront of our nation. This business of separation from Church and State went to far when prayer was taken out of schools and when the Bible wasn’t allowed to be read in school. Why is there a sharp decline in today’s morals. Satan has gotten his foothold in this nation and has deceived many. One such example was someone I spoke to a few weeks ago. I ask her if she believed in God and she said, “Why should I?”  Are you Concerned now? With the lack of morals and accountability it gets worse everyday. So let’s unite and pray that our nation would return to the foundation of the Bible and give God the glory for the things He has given us. Will you?

Maybe luciferx, if you would quit watching such mindless waste of television film such as the simpsons, then you may see that through the Lord Jesus Christ, the world will be a free place.

Sometimes we as Christians fall lacking in holding others accountable because we simply turn the other way, Here is the solution to this. TURN TO GOD. Trust Him...Salvation begins with Trust and repentance begins with Trust. Trust in the OT is the same as the NT word for believe. Get this and get it now luciferx, I for one look forward to the day my Lord and Savior comes back to get His children. I pray that the Lord will open up your mind such that you may see His truth.

and an LOL at butcha and blackeyepeas...i never was good at camping, but i love it...here's the cool thing, when we reach to heaven we'll be living in mansions built in Glory. Then and only then shall our camping days be over with and our eternity walking with Christ shall begin. I pray that this message finds you all in good health and high spirits. God Bless

In His Service,
Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2004, 06:56:08 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

Joshua,
AMEN!! - Good post that I really enjoyed.

JudgeNot,
It looks like we are thinking on the same wave length. My wife and I are considering a smaller place now. We have an empty nest that needs tons of repairs. A smaller, but well built, trailer sounds like a fairly good answer for us.

Butcha,
With five children, I think you are going to need at least 1,000 square feet.   Grin

I was out of pocket last night with an ailing computer, so I missed LuciferX. ADMIN didn't miss him. It's amazing how hard the devil tries to get to us.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2004, 04:05:03 PM »

Just speakin from my heart Tom, don't get too excited. I've said what needed to be said, and i'm holding my end of the bargain, now it must be said, will the rest of the Christians on here, hold up their end of the bargain. The ball is multiplying and it is going into other people's courts. Don't drop the ball. I pray that htis finds you in good health and spirits. God Bless

In His Service
Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2004, 07:13:33 PM »

The devil is what is happenning. He knows his days are short.

Support your local Christian.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2004, 02:50:14 AM »

Just speakin from my heart Tom, don't get too excited. I've said what needed to be said, and i'm holding my end of the bargain, now it must be said, will the rest of the Christians on here, hold up their end of the bargain. The ball is multiplying and it is going into other people's courts. Don't drop the ball. I pray that htis finds you in good health and spirits. God Bless

In His Service
Joshua

Oklahoma Howdy To Joshua,

Brother, it is my desire and determination to use whatever I have left in service to Jesus for the remainer of my days. My computer is one of the ways I had to do this, and it appears that it is ailing more than I am.   Cheesy  I prayed about this, and God has provided a way for me to get another one. I'm praying that problem will be solved in the next couple of weeks. It is down and crashed more than it is up.

God willing, I plan to finish my race, even if it is in a wheelchair. I completely agree that all Christians should stand up and keep standing up until Jesus takes us home. I'm 1,000% positive that all Bible prophecy will be fulfilled precisely, so standing up for Jesus will eventually mean persecution. By the way, that's already started, but it will get worse. That should simply be encouragement to continue.

Love In Christ,
Tom

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2004, 07:37:36 AM »

The devil is what is happenning. He knows his days are short.

Too true!

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the