Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:35:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  So few will be saved
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So few will be saved  (Read 14933 times)
michael_legna
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 30, 2004, 01:24:34 PM »

So, Michael, you have shown that i was NOT lying when i said that the catholics don't believe in faith alone, but salvation is dependant upon our behavior.  Next time before you accuse me of lying, it would behoove you to read and understand my posts!

But that is not what you said in your post - you accused Catholics of having to earn their salvation.  That is not the same thing - so you were lying - you cannot rephrase your claim now to hide you lie in the past.

How do you think we CO-OPERATE with the Holy spirit? Just luck? or do you think our wonderful nature does it? do you even think?

Our free will makes a decision whether to respond to the grace of God or not.  How do we decide to do anything?  Oh that's right - I know you don't think we do decide to do anything because you deny our free will.

who do you think LEADS us to do those works? The devil? Our wonderful nature?

The Holy Spirit leads but we must follow.

It ISN'T possible to bear no fruit if we have the Holy Spirit in us which is PRECISELY why NO ONE CAN SNATCH HIS TRUE SHEEP OUT OUT OF HIS HAND!!!!!

So when Christ said that he would cut off those from the vine (remove us from Himself) if we did not bear fruit He was bluffing?  Nonsense.  Why would Christ warn us against something that could not happen?

That is what I've been saying in MOST of my posts! The branches that bear no fruit are the ones THAT HAVE NO ROOT. The ROOT is the Holy spirit!

But Jesus was not talking about branches that have no root, because the branches He was referring to were connected to Him (the vine) so they had access to the Holy Spirit.  You cannot have it both ways.

Again, Jesus said that there will be MANY who call him 'Lord" yet will NOT enter heaven because he never KNEW them. In all of Jesus's passages he synonmizes the word "know" with the Holy Spirit.

Again you misquote the verse and mangle it to match your doctrine.  Jesus doesn't say we don't get into heaven because we don't know Him - read the verse.

Mat 7:22  Many will say to me in that day: Lord, Lord, have not we prophesied in thy name, and cast out devils in thy name, and done many miracles in thy name?
Mat 7:23  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity.

They didn't get into heaven (even though they had great faith - enough to cast out demons and work miracles) because they did WORKS of iniquity.  Who do you think was casting out the demons - Satan?  

Mat 12:26  And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself: how then shall his kingdom stand?

The men themselves?   We both know that is laughable.

No, it was the Holy Spirit that allowed these men to cast out devils and work miracles and yet somewhere along the way they went wrong and did works of iniquity, abandon the Holy Spirit and lost their salvation.

It does say that Jesus will claim to not know them, it DOES NOT say they did not know Him.  You can't just twist the verse to say anything you want it to.

It also does not say that the reason they were not let in was because He didn't know them.  The reason they were not let in was because they did WORKS of iniquity and that was both why they were not let in and why He did not really know them.

And I ask you again; do you not believe Jesus when he said that no one is good but God alone? You still have not answered that question.

I ave answered it many times in many posts for you, but here it is again.  Yes I do but I do not believe your literal interpretation of the verse.  I have also explained what the verse means when properly interpreted.  It is as I explained above a leading of men to recognize Jesus as God, since God is good and Jesus is good.  We too can be good with the help of the grace of God and the Holy Spirit.

We know this because a good tree brings forth good fruit so if we bring forth good fruit we are a good tree.

Now you may claim that the tree is really the holy spirit (that it produces the fruit).  But we know that is an incorrect interpretation because of the following verse:

Mat 3:10  For now the axe is laid to the root of the trees. Every tree therefore that doth not yield good fruit, shall be cut down, and cast into the fire.

Now if the Holy Spirit is the tree then how could it be cut down and cast into the fire?  No the tree clearly represents men and we can be either good trees or bad trees, bearing good or bad fruit.

I have answered your question

No you have not you have ducked it and soon others on this forum will want to know - does Heidi believe Jesus is God?

Matt 5:11  Blessed are ye when they shall revile you, and persecute you, and speak all that is evil against you, untruly, for my sake:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the