Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:35:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286802 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Abortion Photos - effective or not?
« previous next »
Poll
Question: If you were a non-Christian, and undecided on the abortion issue, how do you think seeing photos of aborted fetuses would effect you?
I would become pro-life. - 8 (66.7%)
I wouldn't change my opinion. - 2 (16.7%)
I would become pro-choice. - 0 (0%)
I would become pro-choice, and have a develope a more negative view of Christianity. - 1 (8.3%)
Other. - 1 (8.3%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Abortion Photos - effective or not?  (Read 2339 times)
JL
« on: May 08, 2004, 02:54:37 AM »

I would, and have, become pro-life. I am so grateful that somebody showed me those horrific photos. Had they not, I likely would have never thought twice about the subject, or worse, condoned murder.
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2004, 02:29:41 PM »

Way back when I was young, I halfway fell for the idea that an unborn child wasn't really a 'life'. Pictures changed that for me.

one in christ

I am a child of god

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2004, 10:31:14 PM »

i would become pro-life  like i am now becuase even if i wasnt a christian and i  saw those pictures i know i'd react the same  regardless of being a christian or not
His_child

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 12:11:59 AM »

It wouldn't change my mind.
In fact, I saw the pictures many times before I had an abortion.  Cry

If I remember correctly, the pictures are usually of babies who were conceived at least 5 months earlier. Most abortions occur before that.

If you want to stop abortion, then be there for those considering abortion. Pray that they will make the right decision. Let them know (without screaming or condemnation) that they are carrying a real human being.
If they still make the tragic decision to abort, then be there for them to help them pick up the pieces so that they can go on with their lives and hopefully prevent future abortions.

A large percentage of men who've had their babies aborted will impregnate another woman and not care if she aborts either.
Men seem to have more struggles the first time their child is aborted than they do the second or third, etc.
Each time they are faced with the choice of fatherhood or abortion, abortion gets to be an easier choice for them.

(My theory on that is because we don't value fathers or men in general as much as we should. Certain "women's" groups have gotten very good at male bashing and making men think the world would be a better place with out them. Gee, those are the same groups that push abortion. Go figure!)

Therefore, I believe it is just as important to reach out to those who've already had an abortion as it is to reach out to those who may be considering abortion.

I'm not following a God that's imagined.
Can't invent His deity.
That's why Jesus is the final answer
To Who I want my God to be.
He's Who I want my God to be.
-  Who? by Peter Furler and Steve Taylor (Newsboys)
LadyKay4JC

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 12:54:07 AM »

Very good response, His_Child.

We had a lady in the church (when I was a teenager... a long long time ago  Wink ) that had an abortion. At the time she wasn't a Christian... but she saw the pictures and things AFTER the deed was done.... she said she could hear babies crying at night. It scared her so bad. She came to church not long after ward and gave her life to Jesus... she's AVID against abortion now... and knows she'll see her little one in Heaven someday!

I second the motion about the "women groups" becoming so hostile about men.. however, a recent gallup poll stated that more women were seeing their rolls in the home MORE important than their careers. I thought this was a GOOD sign... especially in 80's when the womens movement seem impowered.

One point you brought up, though really made me think... for those men who want to just "sow their seed" everywhere... there's got to be a way to reach them. Women have abortions because they didn't want them... and apparently neither did the man. Sad  *shakes her head sadly* Doesn't make any sense to me... I WANTED alot of children and only had one... And there are those who are out there killing their babies when women like me would welcome one with open arms!

Good points, His_Child. Although, the graphic pictures sure do get me in the gut!

Lady kay
JL
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 02:54:00 AM »

If I remember correctly, the pictures are usually of babies who were conceived at least 5 months earlier. Most abortions occur before that.
abortionNO.org has a lot of pictures starting at just six weeks after conception. I know the pictures won't convince all. But they do convince many.

I do agree with you though that more love needs to be shown to women both before and after. It's so easy to get frustrated and angry about the injustice, and blame all who are involved. Getting angry at the women who chose abortion neither will solve anything, nor is it what God wants.
Im a Mormon

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2004, 11:20:27 PM »

If you think about it, I TRULY DO believe that pictures of aborted babies are effective!! I mean does Planned Parenthood show the mothers pictures of aborted babies right before they have an abortion?? NO WAY!!! They KNOW A LOT of women would change their minds and LEAVE WITHOUT getting the abortion!! I looked at one website today that had photos of aborted babies who were LATE TERM abortions--I mean 25 WEEKS GESTATION and I LITERALLY CRIED!!!! It breaks my heart that someone could MURDER an INNOCENT BABY like that!!!! They also had letters from women who had thought about abortion but went to their website FIRST, saw the pictures and changed THEIR MINDS and are now going to keep their babies!! SOOO---YES!!! PHOTOS DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!  Smiley
one in christ

I am a child of god

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2004, 11:31:01 PM »

If you think about it, I TRULY DO believe that pictures of aborted babies are effective!! I mean does Planned Parenthood show the mothers pictures of aborted babies right before they have an abortion?? NO WAY!!! They KNOW A LOT of women would change their minds and LEAVE WITHOUT getting the abortion!! I looked at one website today that had photos of aborted babies who were LATE TERM abortions--I mean 25 WEEKS GESTATION and I LITERALLY CRIED!!!! It breaks my heart that someone could MURDER an INNOCENT BABY like that!!!! They also had letters from women who had thought about abortion but went to their website FIRST, saw the pictures and changed THEIR MINDS and are now going to keep their babies!! SOOO---YES!!! PHOTOS DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!  Smiley

that may be true but im afarid that isnt enough for some people we need to find other ways also not including screaming sayin that its wrong   we could hand out flyers outside of clinics with pictures on it or somthing im only fifteen and probably couldnt do much but there are those out there that can i'd advise you to do what you can  in the  most sensible and friendly way
C C

loving your neighbor includes your neighbor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2004, 10:51:59 AM »

It is tragic that 3,600 unborn babies are aborted every day in this land of freedom. That’s a million each year.

But did you know that 24,000 people worldwide die every day from starvation and malnutrition? That’s over 8 million each year. Three of four who die are younger than five years old.

Did you also know, that hunger relief groups estimate that it would take 13 billion dollars a year to end hunger for the Earth's poorest citizens? Wow, that is a lot of money, but did you know North Americans and Europeans spend 18 billion dollars a year on pet food?

Over 800,000,000 people in our world are seriously under-nourished with physical and cognitive consequences.

The United Nations estimates there are 20,000,000 “bonded laborers” worldwide.

Over 700,000 to 2,000,000 women and children are “trafficked” each year for forced labor and prostitution. Women and children sold or kidnapped into prostitution number up to 800,000 in Thailand, 200,000 in India, and 50,000 right here in the United States (Asian women “sell” for $16,000 each in North America).

So, what’s the solution?

How ‘bout for every bag of pet food we buy, we send a check for the same amount to World Hope, or other groups fighting hunger throughout the world? (No pets? Donate what you spend on snack foods.)

How ‘bout every time we’re waited on by a minimum wage server at a Chinese or Mexican restaurant, we send a comparable donation to organizations fighting forced labor in those countries such as the Salvation Army’s “Initiative Against Sexual Trafficking”?

How ‘bout every time we sing praises in our comfortable churches, we pray for our brothers and sisters who are imprisoned, tortured, and killed for their faith?

And how ‘bout being “pro” for all “life”?

(c) 2002 James N. Watkins

Doing unto others as you would have them do unto you would include not finding your neighbor's biggest fault and then harping on it as if it were your mission.
His_child

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2004, 12:15:22 PM »

Candace-
Your words sound nice in a post.
However, I have a family to support on a Wal*Mart paycheck.
I do have one child who I sponsor through Compassion International.

We can only do what we can do.

My ministry is working with post-abortive women. Although I have no problem with ministries such as World Vision and Compassion International, that is not where the Lord has led me to serve at this time.
So the money I have budgeted for Ol' Roy dog food, will go to feed the dog at this point in my life.

I'm not following a God that's imagined.
Can't invent His deity.
That's why Jesus is the final answer
To Who I want my God to be.
He's Who I want my God to be.
-  Who? by Peter Furler and Steve Taylor (Newsboys)
JL
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2004, 11:37:37 PM »

Candace-
Your words sound nice in a post.
However...

I more than agree with Candace. There are SOOOOO many things we all waste our money on and don't even realize it. That money could be used for better things. Spending WAY too much on food is one waste of money almost everyone in America does. I'm not trying to say that other people are bad stewards of God's money. I'm saying almost everyone is, including me.

...it would take 13 billion dollars a year to end hunger for the Earth's poorest citizens? Wow, that is a lot of money...
That's really not much money. The government this year will be taking about $6,000 from me, and calling it tax. That's LESS than the average for American tax payers. If just an average of $65 per person of the tax we pay was used for feeding starving people, instead of being wasted, that would add up to the $13 billion. $65 per year per American tax payer is NOT much. But, of course, that won't happen in this ungodly world. I'm just pointing out how little it would be if a little of the money we are already forced to 'pitch in' were instead used for something good.

Sorry, I just get bothered when I think about the tremendous amount of resources that are wasted.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2004, 01:32:33 AM by JL » Logged
infotechadviser

He whom the Son sets free, is free indeed!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2004, 09:11:02 PM »

Planned Parenthood goes ballistic over those photos because they know they're effective.

I've heard broadcast testimonies to same.

Pregnancy Crisis Centers (or ?) has entered into a campaign to set up clinics with ultra-sound machines so that expectant mothers
can see the image of their babies, and they say it's one of the most effective tools.

One former abortion nurse said many girls went into hysterical screaming fits after they got a look at the baby after the dastardly deed.

America has a lot of innocent blood on its hands to answer for.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the