Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:01:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Bush in iraq..good or not?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bush in iraq..good or not?  (Read 6940 times)
A muslim

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2004, 09:38:28 PM »

Hello,
 Do you think bush sending troops to iraq to destroy family, houses, lives etc was a good thing to do? Angry Huh
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2004, 09:55:28 PM »

Hello,
 Do you think bush sending troops to iraq to destroy family, houses, lives etc was a good thing to do? Angry Huh

Do you think it was a good idea for the world to ignore a madman barbarian who killed 1/2 million or more innocent people and supported terrorism around the world? This would not include the invasion of other countries and the hosts of people who were tortured and lived.   Huh

BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2004, 10:03:04 PM »

Hello,
a good thing ? no absolutely not. just the right thing to do..
its a good thing al gore wasnt president thank you florida Cheesy
Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

We'll party like we're dead.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2004, 12:59:39 PM »

Do you think bush sending troops to iraq to destroy family, houses, lives etc was a good thing to do?

Yep. You make it sound, though, like every other war in history hasn't torn apart families, houses, and lives. War does that.
A muslim

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2004, 05:57:41 PM »

Saddam was bad yes...but bush has done worse..he said he was going to free the people...but now look at iraq..
what has he done? what?
All I was asking was...do you agree with him going there?
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2004, 08:29:13 PM »

Saddam was bad yes...but bush has done worse..he said he was going to free the people...but now look at iraq..
what has he done? what?

Absolutely YES!

If I was younger and able, I would sign up and go myself. I would much prefer to fight terrorists on their soil instead of waiting for them to come again to kill our innocent women and children on our soil. It's really very simple. The young men and women in the US Armed Services fight to protect their families. Their hope is their children and grandchildren won't have to fight the same enemies. Their determination is that our freedom and way of life will be preserved. YES!!!!, there is a time for men and women of courage to stand up and fight.

Saying that Saddam was better for Iraq is like saying Hitler was better for the Jews.

Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2004, 01:03:59 AM »

what has he done? what?
     Yes  Look at WW-2 it took years for Europe, Japan to recover, many more were killed & mained, but the alturnative is unthinkable.

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2004, 07:03:21 PM »

what has he done? what?

Yeah, I'm looking, but I don't see what you are seeing.

Don't forget, Forrest, that to the US's efforts, Japan and Germany are some of the most prosperous countries in the world now! It took years and years, but look how they are doing. Personally, I'm against all this American anti-imperialism...

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2004, 09:00:21 PM »

what has he done? what?
You might ask why do some keep blowing themselfs up trying to kill the us soldiers, the sooner the terrorist let the muslims take cotrol and stop the killing the sooner bush will with draw and then he will spend billions of the us tax payers money to improve the lifes of the common folk so the can live free and equal. but unfortionatly that will never happen ,but that is what he would like to do. but the radicals do not want it to be .                        praying for all the soldiers and their children and all the inisent in the war,.
NateyCakes

Radical for Christ!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2004, 10:18:14 AM »

Hello,
Do you think bush sending troops to iraq to destroy family, houses, lives etc was a good thing to do?

I agree with Blackeyedpeas too. Absolutely yes. Ya know I am really tired of the War is wrong, blah blah propaganda. There was "war" in biblical days too ya know. I am also tired of how so many people are content with what happened on 9/11. Like "Oh, it wasn't that bad....we probably deserved it..." That sort of attitude. Lemme ask you Muslim, did you have anyone who died in those buildings? A family member? A friend? Did anyone you know or related to you die on those planes or in the field that day? Just curious. Probably not, because you might have a different view on things. While the killing is unfortunate, we are not a cowardly nation! We stand up when someone attacks us & I for one am glad that I have bold president who does such. I don't ask anyone to agree with me, but that is how I feel.
May I ask you something Muslim? What would you had the US do? Give them a slap on the wrist & say "Now now, that wasn't nice...Next time your gonna be in trouble...." (Total sarcasm) I mean really? Sit back & just let it go? You think this is the end? That the 9/11 was a one time thing & it will never happen again? That is exactly what the terrorists want us to believe. Where we get so comfortable that it's never going to happen & then when you least expect it--AGAIN! In close, Absolutely it was & is right and I pray everyday for all the soldiers and I know we are doing the right thing.

~*Rejoice for the Lord is GOOD!!*~
WolfBrother

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2004, 10:21:55 AM »

A muslim,
You wrote:

Absolutely - if I wasn't too old - I'd re-don my Ranger gear and go fight.  Better your women and children than ours.  

The news of 9/11 resulted in people dancing with joy in the streets of a number of Muslim countries.  

NO leader from the Muslim religion stepped forward to condemn the actions or the celebration and to stop killing of innocents.  Until that happens, I have no choice to believe that it truly is a religion by the sword.  

I will continue to pray for you folks but I will also remain prepared to defend me and mine from an active, ongoing threat.

So - again - yes I think we should be there, and in Syria and  Iran and any other country that houses a religion that does not condemn suicide bombing and the killing of innocents.

And as a "By the Way", we have consistently placed our soldiers in harms way in a greater degree - just to ensure we don't kill innocents.  If we weren't concerned about that our response to the desecration of the 4 bodies would have been to destroy the entire city.

WolfBrother
And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Matthew 7:3
Broken

xLOSERx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2004, 06:36:40 PM »

And as a "By the Way", we have consistently placed our soldiers in harms way in a greater degree - just to ensure we don't kill innocents.  If we weren't concerned about that our response to the desecration of the 4 bodies would have been to destroy the entire city.

Instead it appears the response to was to systematically torture and sexually abuse prisoners - and take photographs to show how much "fun" it was. Reports are now saying that children were included in the torture.

Way to go.

And God will say:
Depart from me I never knew you!
I never knew you!
Never.

Man disavows, and Deity disowns me:
Hell might afford my miseries a shelter;
Therefore Hell keeps her ever-hungry mouths all
Bolted against me.
-Cowper
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2004, 08:03:22 PM »

Broken Said:

Instead it appears the response to was to systematically torture and sexually abuse prisoners - and take photographs to show how much "fun" it was. Reports are now saying that children were included in the torture.

Way to go.

Oklahoma Howdy to Broken,

That's certainly a horrible criminal act, and those involved should be prosecuted to the limit of the law. For the military people involved, that would mean Leavenworth Federal Prison, and that would be too good for them.

A tiny few have smeared the reputation and sacrifice of the many. It's also a horrible thing for the many to bear any punishment or disgrace for something they had no part of. If I were the parent of a young man or woman who gave their life in honor, I would be angry that anyone did something so gross and illegal that it cast a shadow on the honorable service of all. I would be demanding the harshest penalties of the Uniform Code of Military Justice. I'm not a parent who lost a loved one, but I demand the most harsh justice possible. The service of all but a tiny few has been in honor.

Love In Christ,
Tom

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2004, 09:32:43 PM »

“Estimates vary, but at least 80% of the Male prison population in the United Kingdom has suffered some form of sexual abuse, either as children or adults, and many men have been subjected to rape and/or sexual abuse by other prisoners, and in some cases, have also been sexually abused by staff in the jails.”
Source: survivorsswindon.com

Statistics for the U.S. are similar, if not higher.

My question:  Where is the liberal bleeding and outrage for those in our own prisons?  Does the victim have to be an Iraqi for it to be inhumane?  If you listen to NBC, CBS, ABC, BBC, CNN the answer is a resounding YES!  

I’m trying to put this in perspective.  OK – An army private committed prisoner abuse in Iraq.  So, we have a private who reports to a sergeant who reports to a lieutenant who reports to a captain who reports to a major who reports to a colonel who reports to a general who reports to another general who reports to a joint chief of staff who reports to Rumsfeld.  So that makes it Rumsfeld’s fault and he should be hanged.

Wow! It’s all so clear now!  So, if these incidents mean we should impeach the president and leave Iraq, shouldn’t similar measures be taken for rampant prisoner abuse in the UK and the US?  That makes perfect since to me.  In the UK they need to hang Blair for prison rape, then everyone in the UK (well – ok – only those who wear some kind of uniform – soldiers, police, postmen…) must abandon the Islands.  It’s the only solution!  The same for the US.  Prison rape is rampant – we must impeach Bush and everyone who wears a uniform should run like a lemming into the sea.  That will insure peace and harmony among the masses.

Yep.  That’s the only solution.

(I once read about a liberal with common sense.  Of course – it was fiction.)  Grin

I hate election years.  I hate politics.  I pray for the soldier caught in the middle.  

May the Lord watch over them, protect them and and lead them not into temptation, but deliver them from the evil one.

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2004, 11:34:06 PM »

JudgeNot Said:

(I once read about a liberal with common sense.  Of course – it was fiction.)  

I hate election years.  I hate politics.  I pray for the soldier caught in the middle.  

Grin  Of course it was fiction!!, but we knew that already.

We need to take the high ground again. I think that our first step should be to send all the politicians and lawyers to an isolated island and send the ACLU to be their government.

There would be wailing and gnashing of teeth all over that island. It would be like Jerry Clowery up in the tree fighting a mountain lion and hollering, "SHOOT UP HERE AMONGST US, ONE OF US GOTS TO HAVE SOME RELIEF!"

You have heard Jerry Clowery, right, or is he just known in the South?   Grin   Grin  The above was a quote from Jerry.

Tom

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the