Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:39:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Cults
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cults  (Read 6550 times)
Rich

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2004, 10:41:27 AM »

How can God NOT do anything intentionally, He is after all God.
The leader of our church is Christ also, remember the church is not just here on earth, the Pope is our spiritual leader here
on earth who is governed by the Holy Spirit, that does not diminish Christ in anyway. Do we trust the Popes words and Catholic doctrine? Well yes we do, after all they are led by
the Holy Spirit, and we don't really believe that God would
leave us poor sinners to our own demise and folly. Why do you think there are teachers in schools, if we just handed books to the kids and say figure this out, we'd be in world of hurt, much like what happens when people set themselves
up as their own infallible sorce of Biblical knowledge. Christ's
word are what Catholic doctrine is all about, contrary to what you might think and claim. Can you imagine what would happen to a country if they had no guidance, no rules, no laws, and no one to oversee the whole thing? Chaos comes to mind, something like what we see in protestant circles.
Ben5

Defender of the Faith

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2004, 11:21:38 AM »

why isn't the eucharist "CANNIBALISM?"
aw

That is exactly how the Roman emperors justified persecuting the early church.  Your in bad company.

Viva Christo Rey!
Bl. Miguel Pro
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2004, 11:33:27 AM »

How do you know the Holy Spirit is in the pope? Who said? One catholic said that none of us can know who's saved or not. Is that true? Do you know that the pope is saved because other men said so? Some men who have received the Holy Spirit say he isn't. Which ones are right? We have ALL heard the word of God through the centuries and we are ALL imperfect. Again, putting your faith in men is idol worship. I haven't a clue whether or not the pope is saved. That's between himself and God and nobody else. But He is not my Holy Father. I have only ONE HOLY fATHER. How many do you have?
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2004, 02:31:00 PM »

How do you know the Holy Spirit is in the pope?

By his Fruit, ofcourse.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2004, 04:37:02 PM »

By living in a palace fit for kings, adorned with gold, silver, and bronze, with armed guards and allowing people to call him their Holy Father? How does ANY of that show the fruits of the spirit, one of which is humility? Notice that when people call him good, not only does he NOT say, "No one is good but God alone", but he also considers himself our Holy Father. You get get more prideful than that!
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2004, 06:16:45 PM »

heidi it sounds like your the leader of a anti catholic cult, by the way your hurting brother loves case, not helping . Grin
Grin Grin Grin

Heidi     hail mary
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2004, 06:20:12 PM »

Well, the Klu Klux Klan leader says he is a Christian. Should i say, right on, brother! Hate your enemies? Or should I repeat Christ's words? Again, Jesus said He did not come to bring peace, but a sword. Most of the born again believers i know consider the catholic church to be false teaching. If it is, we are not brothers in Christ.
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2004, 06:34:26 PM »

Well, the Klu Klux Klan leader says he is a Christian. Should i say, right on, brother! Hate your enemies? Or should I repeat Christ's words? Again, Jesus said He did not come to bring peace, but a sword. Most of the born again believers i know consider the catholic church to be false teaching. If it is, we are not brothers in Christ.
tell me, do all the christain religions have the same practices? i think not . thats what makes them different. so is yours the only one that is perfect? yes i agree the catholics make mistakes but to think of them as non- christains and compare them to the kkk is out of control.

why do you argue this so much , is it for the lord ?
if it is to have the catholics change or not except surtain things about the catholic church, then your thinking with your heart , but im sorry you are not speaking with it. and you are not winning over any catholics with your aproach.

ive joked with you in the past but try praying , about this issue see were god leads you. im concerned about you.sister
from a non-catholic practiceing in a catholic church butcha
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2004, 06:59:49 PM »

By living in a palace fit for kings, adorned with gold, silver, and bronze, with armed guards and allowing people to call him their Holy Father? How does ANY of that show the fruits of the spirit, one of which is humility? Notice that when people call him good, not only does he NOT say, "No one is good but God alone", but he also considers himself our Holy Father. You get get more prideful than that!

Paul didn't have a problem with calling himself a father. Roll Eyes You list a lot of things, and yet you haven't said a reason why these are not of God. He heads up the largest Humanitarian operations in the world, percentage wise, that is. He has brought many to Christ. Not Mary, but Christ. He gave his entire life just to serve God.

Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2004, 10:34:29 PM »

"No one comes to me unless the Father draws him." I don't have the power to change anyone's mind, Buttcha. That is in God's hands. Genuine truth seekers will look at all sides of an issue. If they are being drawn by God, then the Holy Spirit, the Counselor, will lead them into all truth. Not me or the catholic church.

Paul NEVER called himself our Holy Father, NEVER. He called himself the father of the gospel which he is because he first revealed who Christ is through the Holy Spirit. But i would never call Paul 'father' just like Christ told me not to, nor would Paul want me to. If the pope is saved, then God is leading him, not he, himself. People seem to want to give the pope credt for his "goodness" instead of God. That, again, is idol worship.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2004, 11:13:12 PM »

Last I checked, there are no verses against calling someone “Holy Father.”  Roll Eyes

Rich

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2004, 11:18:19 PM »

Wrong again Heidi, we give God all the credit for making the Pope the loveable, good, kindhearted, little Holy Father he is!
He would be the first to give God credit too. You really should
read his writings, very interesting good stuff.
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2004, 11:24:07 PM »

So why do you call the pope holy when it is God who makes him holy? Again, as Jesus said,; "We have only one father and he is in heaven." This is a classic example of saying one thing and doing another. You say you aren't giving the pope credit for his 'goodness" but by calling the pope your Holy Father, you are indeed giving him the credit for his holiness instead of God.
Ben5

Defender of the Faith

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2004, 11:34:41 PM »

One thing that Catholics believe is that the Bible cannot Contradict itself.

Jesus says "Call no man Father"

Possible contradictions:
St. Stephen call Jewish leaders "fathers"
St. Paul calls Jersulaem Jews "fathers"
St. Paul calls Abraham, "the father of us all"

So I offer two explanations.  1.  Either the Bible is contradictory.  2.  The Father that Jesus speaks of is different than the father that the Apostles speak of.

Take your pick, and let me know.

Viva Christo Rey!
Bl. Miguel Pro
Rich

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2004, 11:42:03 PM »

Why shouldn't i call him holy? If it is God that makes him holy,
he is still holy is he not? As stated before its all Gods doings.
   Look up holy in the dictionary again please.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the