Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:30:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Cults
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cults  (Read 6595 times)
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2004, 09:41:23 AM »

It is the goal of cult leaders to get their congregation to worship them instead of Christ. Oh, they say they are worshiping Jesus Christ. David Koresh talked bout Jesus all the time. But after a while, he would add something to scripture from his mind until slowly he made the claim that he was the messiah. The catholic church does the same thing. Only they're much more cunning. They knwo that claiming to be the messiah is outward blasphemy, so instead, the peope calims to be thw Holy Father and the church intself claims to be infallible. Again, their goal is the same as a cult; To get people to see them as infallible and the ONLY way to God.

Unortunately, what this does, is not only lead a person away froma personal relationship with Christ, but it creates die hard members who are terrified not to believe them. Oh, the members say things like, "I believe in Christ, not the church." But their actions show that what's in their hearts is, "How dare anyone criticize the catholic church!" What is in our hearts is what we truly believe. That's what jesus means by; "They honor me with their lips but their hearts are far from me." We have to know what's in our hearts before we know what we really believe. The loyalty of catholics sometimes surpasses that of cults. They REFUSE to believe that the church is composed of fallible human beings, even though they say the know these people are fallible, their hearts show they do not really believe this. If people truly want to be saved, they can't do it by believing ANYONE but Christ alone. Catholics need to read the bible for themselves instead of relying on the church as their mediators. Christ is a person's ONLY meidator to God which is what makes our relationship with Him personal. It is between each person and Chrsit, and nobody else!

aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2004, 10:53:06 AM »

Jesus the Christ + anything or anyone = CULT.

Appropos to that though, what is a "CHARISMATIC CATHOLIC?" I knew one catholic who actually got saved in a charismatic church, and she ran as far and as fast as she could from the cc.(catholic church)

aw
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2004, 04:00:33 PM »

That's not surprising to me at all. Most born again Christians I know do not like the catholic church. I have met many ex catholics in a charismatic church. The term born again shouldn't even be added to the word "Christian" because the only true Christian is a born again Christ accoding to Christ. It's too bad there has to be a distinction.
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2004, 09:07:35 PM »

Do we need yet another thread of baseless, illogical, rhetoric attacking the RCC?

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2004, 12:26:09 AM »

Yes. The RCC doctrine is worse than that of the Judaizers.
Appropos to that, why isn't the eucharist "CANNIBALISM?"

aw
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2004, 02:22:28 AM »

Do we need yet another thread of baseless, illogical, rhetoric ...

Aw:
Yes.
Enough said.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2004, 02:34:26 AM by ebia » Logged

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
Aussie Mum

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2004, 08:38:18 AM »

Hi Heidi and aw,

I am interested in what you have stated about the Catholic Church.  First you state that it is a cult and then you state that many people leave it when they become born again.  My understanding of any kind of cult would be that it would be very hard to leave and if you do you would never be welcomed back.  How is that so many can leave so freely if the church is really a cult?

Cheers
Therese

How can you say there are too many children, that is like saying there are too many flowers.  Mother Teresa
aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2004, 09:36:50 AM »

Catholics are indoctrinated from birth. Just one example of the false and heretical teachings of that organization is "INFANT BAPTISM." They go on to such ascriptural and bondage- producing teachings such as purgatory. They actually teach that at death a person in purgatory can be released only through prayers offered by the catholic church.

The entire system is designed to place people in and hold them in BONDAGE. However, "Whom the Son sets free is free indeed." When the light shines all of the darkness engendered by the RCC has to flee.

aw
Nickolai

Eastern Orthodoxy is Awesome

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2004, 06:56:07 PM »

Catholics are indoctrinated from birth. Just one example of the false and heretical teachings of that organization is "INFANT BAPTISM." They go on to such ascriptural and bondage- producing teachings such as purgatory. They actually teach that at death a person in purgatory can be released only through prayers offered by the catholic church.

The entire system is designed to place people in and hold them in BONDAGE. However, "Whom the Son sets free is free indeed." When the light shines all of the darkness engendered by the RCC has to flee.

aw

You love to lie don't you?

I guess since I'm Orthodox I was indoctrinated too? I believe in infacnt baptism, It's in the Bible.  When it says that whole households were baptised It's hard to believe that none of those households had babies.  
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2004, 07:56:47 PM »

Aussie,

"No one can come to the Father unless the Father draws him." That is a true statement. The only power over the devil is the Holy Spirit. The only way cult members can be reprogrammed is by the Holy Spirit Himself because he is the only entity more important than the devil. Jesus said that the Counselor is the "spirit of truth". Once that enters us, we then have the ability to understand Jesus's words. At that point, discernment develops and a person has the capacity to leave the cult. Without the Holy Spirit, the devil's ways seem right to us. We justify worshiping men, immorality, adherence to the law, pride, greed, etc. No person can convince someone he is being misled by a cult. Only God can. That is why the Muslims and the catholics are such fanatics. However, if God is drawing a person, then He uses the Holy Spirit in other people in the world to show that person who Christ is. If anyone leads any of us away from Christ and into worldly things, whether it's believing church doctrine over the bible and Christ's words, then it is not from the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit teaches us to worship Christ and Christ alone. It is only through Christ that we have access to God, not through the church. Again, that is what a personal relationship with Christ is. If a church leads you toward it instead of toward Christ alone, then it is a cult.  
Aussie Mum

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2004, 09:32:38 PM »

aw

Hi aw,

Have you ever heard the saying do not judge another until you have walked a mile in his shoes.

I therefore have one question for you.  Have you ever been a part of the Catholic church?

Cheers
Therese

How can you say there are too many children, that is like saying there are too many flowers.  Mother Teresa
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2004, 09:36:22 PM »

heidi it sounds like your the leader of a anti catholic cult, by the way your hurting brother loves case, not helping . Grin
Aussie Mum

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2004, 09:48:11 PM »

Aussie,

"No one can come to the Father unless the Father draws him." That is a true statement. The only power over the devil is the Holy Spirit. The only way cult members can be reprogrammed is by the Holy Spirit Himself because he is the only entity more important than the devil. Jesus said that the Counselor is the "spirit of truth". Once that enters us, we then have the ability to understand Jesus's words. At that point, discernment develops and a person has the capacity to leave the cult. Without the Holy Spirit, the devil's ways seem right to us. We justify worshiping men, immorality, adherence to the law, pride, greed, etc. No person can convince someone he is being misled by a cult. Only God can. That is why the Muslims and the catholics are such fanatics. However, if God is drawing a person, then He uses the Holy Spirit in other people in the world to show that person who Christ is. If anyone leads any of us away from Christ and into worldly things, whether it's believing church doctrine over the bible and Christ's words, then it is not from the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit teaches us to worship Christ and Christ alone. It is only through Christ that we have access to God, not through the church. Again, that is what a personal relationship with Christ is. If a church leads you toward it instead of toward Christ alone, then it is a cult.  

Heidi,

You state that the church leads us towards itself rather than towards Christ.  I think this is an untrue statement.  On what basis do you make this claim?  I think that church does lead us to Jesus.  The church wants us to have a deep relationship with Jesus and is so committed to this that we can attend church every day.  We listen to three readings everyday from the bible and we praise Jesus for paying the price of our sins.

Please show me, how the church leads us to itself instead of to Christ.

When a statement is made we need to be able to provide some proof to back it up.

Cheers
Therese

BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2004, 09:55:24 PM »

Aussie Mum
 Smiley
AMEN SISTER
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2004, 08:37:06 AM »

The leader of my church is Christ, not the pope. He warned us to beware of false teaching. He also said that he did not come to bring peace but a sword. He came to turn; Father against, son, mother against daughter, and brother against sister. He didn't do this intentionally but knew that there would be division between believers and unbelievers. David Koresh said he was a believer but he worshiped himself more tha Christ. The catholics say they are believers but they trust the pope's words and catholic doctrine before they trust Christ's words. By their behavior and doctrine they have shown where their faith is in themselves rather than in Christ! Otherwise they would worship Him alone! But they hail Mary even though her power came from God, but they either forget that or don't believe that. Jesus did indeed cause divisions for the sake of the truth. Saving souls is far more important than harmony. That was His whole point in bringing a sword! Or don't you think souls are more important than loving the pope?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the