Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:05:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Movies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Is anyone else offended by...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is anyone else offended by...  (Read 7109 times)
Musicgirl4Christ

God of Wonders beyond our galaxy, you are holy!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2003, 09:44:53 PM »

Okay,
You give me some things that he does good and honorable and not selfish with the power, and I'll check into it. Cool

*1 Thessalonians 3:12*
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." -Eleanor Roosevelt
Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

We'll party like we're dead.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2003, 09:52:20 PM »

I have not seen the movie.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2003, 02:54:28 AM »

yes, but the things that he uses the power of God for are just wrong! They aren't what God would do either. And, worst of all, he's doing selfish things. THAT'S the problem. It's good that he gets saved at the end. But the end does not justify the whole movie

Oh, it is good that he gets saved, but the moments that us acts human that cause deep introspection that could lead somebody to the lord isn’t a good part? He see what happens to him, and we see him get saves, we are glad for him, but by seeing the events that lead up to his salvation, we gain understanding as to WHY he made this choice. This may be the “WHY” that someone who is straddling the fence is looking for. They see what happens to him, they relate to him. We can’t go out, into the streets, and just tell people to get saved, we must explain WHY they need to get saved. People will understand his choice only if the see his life before salvation.

Okay,
You give me some things that he does good and honorable and not selfish with the power, and I'll check into it. Cool

He does his power for his own good at first, and ignores the rest of his domain, but he soon finds that there is more to being God then pleasure, but begins to behave more upright. He finds that you don’t need gods powers to do good, he choose to “be his own miracle” as Morgan Freedom’s character, God, puts it. Miracle’s aren’t just waking on water, he says, every time a child chooses an education over drugs, THAT is a miracle. He fixes he damage without using the Powers of God gave him. After using his powers to cause his recently promoted Rival to loose his job, Bruce turns down the offer to take his place, and see that his rival is placed in the proper place. Earlier in the film, Bruce same something heartwarming and touching, when his rival was promoted, he quoted this, not saying Bruce was the author, and took all the credit for it, he mocked Bruce a every turn, and Bruce still did the right thing, and let him have his job back. So, I've told you one thing, you go and check into it!  Grin

On another note, why is it so ludicrous from someone to have these powers in the first place? Didn’t Jesus say that we will do great things they he has done? Do we not have dominion over the earth? Can we do ALL things thru Christ? No, we can’t answer prayers like Bruce, but when you look at it as biblical principle, is it not somewhat sound?

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2003, 07:04:50 AM »

Maybe I sound oldfashioned, but, I believe any film in which a man portrays the Father of Creation, who also happens to be the God of The Universe, is in poor taste.  
We must remember, God IS God.  I recall seeing a film where George Burns portrayed Father too.  
Today, some films being put out are not in the interests of Christians.  We cannot take our Father in Heaven lightly.  And these films tend to do that.

Love..Tamara.
IndiaInk

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2003, 08:22:41 PM »

I don't offend easy, but I also don't like Jim Carrey. Despite this, I thought it was funny, that's about it. To me, there was no moral to the story or one that would make any impact on me or my life. The moral of the movie was pretty lame.
 Cool
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the