Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:34:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Consider This...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Consider This...  (Read 4346 times)
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« on: May 19, 2003, 02:32:21 AM »

What does it mean to "pray without ceasing?"  Any thoughts?  I do... Grin

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2003, 01:11:45 AM »

What does it mean to "pray without ceasing?"  Any thoughts?  I do... Grin

To me it means just that, to be in constant comunication with GOD, for if we are in constant  comunication with GOD we will follow Him not Satan.

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2003, 01:31:21 AM »

To me it means just that, to be in constant comunication with GOD, for if we are in constant  comunication with GOD we will follow Him not Satan.

Amen!  I've come to realize that my time with God in His word and in prayer isn't a 30 minute or more process each day.  That's not to say that we shouldn't devote that time to God each and every day, but that it shouldn't be limited to that time each and every day.  I think it's easy for believers to get the impression that we come to God at our time of devotions, and perhaps even that we go our separate ways afterward.  We may not cognitively think this, but do we behave accordingly?  God said that He will never leave us, nor forsake us.  That means to me, that while I get much from those special times, that it is the continual communion with Him that means most.

I see it best like this.  I can take my wife to a party.  We can each go our way to meet with our friends, or be busied elsewhere, but we're still together.  She can look at me from across the room and convey a world of meaning in that look.  We're in communion at any point we so desire at that time.  It is much the same with our God.  Yet, my wife goes to work and so do I!  We have separation where our communion isn't possible.  It is not so with God!  He is always there, and we always have the potential for that fellowship - communion.  Pray without ceasing means to me to be in unending communion with my God!

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2003, 10:15:15 AM »

One day, read “The Way of a Pilgrim” It is a very interesting book about that verse.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2004, 05:48:52 AM »

Amen!  I've come to realize that my time with God in His word and in prayer isn't a 30 minute or more process each day.  That's not to say that we shouldn't devote that time to God each and every day, but that it shouldn't be limited to that time each and every day.  I think it's easy for believers to get the impression that we come to God at our time of devotions, and perhaps even that we go our separate ways afterward.  We may not cognitively think this, but do we behave accordingly?  God said that He will never leave us, nor forsake us.  That means to me, that while I get much from those special times, that it is the continual communion with Him that means most.

I see it best like this.  I can take my wife to a party.  We can each go our way to meet with our friends, or be busied elsewhere, but we're still together.  She can look at me from across the room and convey a world of meaning in that look.  We're in communion at any point we so desire at that time.  It is much the same with our God.  Yet, my wife goes to work and so do I!  We have separation where our communion isn't possible.  It is not so with God!  He is always there, and we always have the potential for that fellowship - communion.  Pray without ceasing means to me to be in unending communion with my God!

You get "TWO"Thumbs UP

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2004, 07:28:22 AM »

What a beautiful illustration!  Cheesy

No Gray Areas

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2004, 08:22:25 AM »

for me it's talking to God throughout the day and night

Suz

Suz

No Gray Areas
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the