Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:00:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Lose Your Salvation in Two Easy Steps
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lose Your Salvation in Two Easy Steps  (Read 6086 times)
AJ

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2004, 10:02:54 PM »

The love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Praise God... Love works, and im glad it does or else i'd still be in my sin Grin  

Little John

Yes Love!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2004, 11:26:33 PM »

With so many things said, I'd like to say this:

Our salvation is a gift, we cannot earn it(Rom.4:1-9)!  However, as already discused, it will produce an action(ie... works). As with Abraham, believing GOD=Rightousness! But we know Abraham believed GOD because he obeyed GOD!

GOD'S love supercedes our actions. If it didn't, we would all be dead. We are incapable of justifying ourselves in the sight of GOD! That's why CHRIST died!

Most of you are saying similar things,with two main groups:
-Those who know you can't earn salvation.
-Those who know you can't earn salvation and don't want anyone to abuse it by living a reckless lifestyle.

The bible does deal with this Gal.5:13

I do enjoy the zeal. GOD Bless!

Phil.2:13 - For it is GOD which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
Warrior For Christ
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2004, 01:42:17 PM »

There is a lot debate today on losing one’s salvation. I’ve decided to boil it down to 2 simple steps to make it easy for you.

1. Do something that causes you to lose it.  
Now, I don’t know what that “something” could be because Paul never talked about it and since Paul is the apostle to the Gentiles and the revealer of the body of Christ to us today then he would be the one to tell us what to do to lose it.  Since Paul spent 13 epistles expounding Christ and justification surely he would spend some time on how to lose it!

2. Undo all that God did at your salvation.  
See how easy it is! Now, let’s go down a simple list of things that God did and all you have to do is make this list your check list and mark them all as you undo them.  OK put your tennis shoes on and let’s go!!!

1) Get God to un-forgive you – Eph. 1:7
2) Get God to un-redeem you - Rom. 3:24
3) Get God to un-circumcise you – Col. 2:13
4) Get God to un-adopt you – Rom. 8:15
5) Get God to un-seat you – Eph. 2:6
6) Get God to un-sanctify you – I Cor. 6:11
7) Get God to un-glorify you – Rom. 8:30
8. Get God to un-seal you – Eph. 1:13
9) Get God to un-justify you – Rom. 3:24; 8:30
10) Get God to un-bless you – Eph. 1:3
11) Get God to un-bury you – Rom. 6:4; Col. 2:12
12) Get God to un-raise you – Eph. 2:6
13) Get God to un-quicken you – Eph. 2:1
14) Get God to take Christ out of you – Col. 1:27
15) Get God to take you out of Christ’s physical body – Eph. 5:30
And a few more that I failed to present here.

Now, you se how simple that was – if you can undo all that God has done for you then you are free and clear once again.  Then when you “repent” and get right then all the above 15 things will happen again.  Then when you “sin it away” again then you can undo it all over again!  My what a life!  About as confusing as a termite in a yoyo/

Yes, I know all those verses in Matthew (before the cross) and all those verses in Hebrews and James (doctrinally during the tribulation) and of course Revelation (during the 7 year tribulation where the body of Christ is not present anyway) – Yes, I’ve seen all those verses, had them thrown out of context at me for over 20 years now.

Until you can show me how a blood-bought, redeemed, regenerated saint in this age can lose all that God has done for him then I might give you a listen.  Until then I will stay secure in Christ for all eternity – glory!!!

May God bless  Wink

Now thats some mighty fine preaching, I will make this my Gem For Today. Thank You
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2004, 06:00:10 AM »

Real faith produces action (works)

I truly dont understand how anyone who considers themselves a  bible scholar can adhere to by faith alone, and once saved always saved doctrines.

Where in my post did you get the idea that I believe a man gets saved and then sits there like a bump on a log?  Where did you get the idea that people who believe they are eternally secure believe that all they had to do was get saved and then live like the world?

I believe:
1 Tim 6:18  That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;

2 Tim 3:17  That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Titus 2:7  In all things showing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine showing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,

Titus 2:14  Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Eph 4:1  I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

According to the above verses and many more a man who is truely redeemed will have good works but......not to justify himself before God but to please God because he is saved!

According to:
Titus 2:11  For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Titus 2:12  Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

It is grace that teaches a man to live - when a man realzies what Christ did for him at Calvary out of pure grace then the saved man will want to serve out of love and debt for what God has done for him.

Regarding your statement:
"I truly dont understand how anyone who considers themselves a  bible scholar can adhere to by faith alone"

The greatest Christian writers who effected the Christian world for good, missions, and a holy zeal for God were men who believed in grace and the eternal security of the believer - these men primarily came out of Scotland and England in the 1600's.  

If you want a list then I will be glad to provide you one.  You are more than welcome to provide me your lsit of men who believe in works salvation and what they contributed.

The majority of the missionary movement that did anything for God were men who believed in grace alone.

Now, I believe you stand to be wrong. Yes, there have been abusers of grace - they are wrong.  But when God does a work in a man he is a changed man:

2 Cor 5:17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Finally:
"Those who are so busy wasting time trying to convince others of these doctrines, would be better off trying to make up for lost time, and convince lost souls of Christ."

I believe those who believe in grace alone are the most zealous for souls and have confidence in their message because it is scriptural.  I can tell a man that Christ died for his sins and because of that he is saved - a comforting message that produces joy and confidence in the man because the message is centered on Christ. This message produces results in the sinner.

Works message - "Believe on Christ but you have to do your part and then hope you don't blow it!"  No comfort of joy from that - bondage and legalism with little power.

The missionaries throughout history that had the greatest success for God preached a message of grace because that is where the power is - in Christ.

I don't run around trying to convice people of eternal security out in the fields but his is a forum. Out inthe fields I preach Christ crucified only - no debates or arguemnts over doctrine.  If God draws them and they truly get regenerated then they won't have any trouble with eternal security or works.

That is why I make a big deal out of etenral se3curity for the real issue is justification.  When I deal with the issue of etenral security I am realy dealing with justification before God while using OSAS as the tool to bring the man to a fuller understanding of the great doctrine of justification.

May God bless.

And may God Bless you Brother, AMEN!!!!!

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
AVBunyan
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2004, 09:55:11 AM »

Thank you my faithful soldier in Christ  Smiley

May God bless you (and it appears He certainly has, huh!!!!) Grin
His_child

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2004, 11:33:26 PM »

I've never been sure of where I stand on the once saved always saved (OSAS) debate.
I do slightly lean against it.
I don't think it would be easy for someone to loose their salvation, nor do I live in fear that I will loose it.
However, something has always troubled me.....
What if a Christian decides they don't want salvation anymore?
Is God going to force them to keep the gift?

I'm not following a God that's imagined.
Can't invent His deity.
That's why Jesus is the final answer
To Who I want my God to be.
He's Who I want my God to be.
-  Who? by Peter Furler and Steve Taylor (Newsboys)
AVBunyan
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2004, 01:20:09 PM »

If a person has truly been regenerated then all of the things in my original post (15 and more) are true of you and cannot be undo by you.  Once you are in Christ you are IN CHRIST and you cannot get out of Christ's body.  We all get frustrated, we all have differetn doubts (thanks to us focusing on ourselves and letting the wicked one hammer us) and may even want to throw in the towel but look real close at the following verses if you will:

Phil 1:6  Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

God will compete the work regardless of our lack of faith after salvation.  He knows in our state down here we are a wreck at best that is why He has to do the work for us.  Wink

Phil 2:12  Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Phil 2:13  For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Look at vs. 13 - God will do the work in you according to his good pleasure not ours.  Smiley

You say your faith gets weak then look at this great verse:

Gal 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

According to the above verse - whose faith do you live by - yours or Christ's?  Why Christ's of course -what a blessing!  We don't even live by our faith but His.

You see, my friend, we have to rest in not only what Christ did for us in our salvation but what Christ is doing in us in our present walk.

May God bless  Grin
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2004, 05:52:12 AM »

Amen Brother,

by the faith of the Son of God

AMEN!!!!!!

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><

"TO MAKE ALL MEN SEE"
    (Ephesians 3:9)

<Smiley))><
michael_legna
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2004, 08:34:30 AM »

If a person has truly been regenerated then all of the things in my original post (15 and more) are true of you and cannot be undo by you.  Once you are in Christ you are IN CHRIST and you cannot get out of Christ's body.  

Is this always true or just for some times and some people, because it sure looks like these people are removed from Christ's body.

Rev 3:16  So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

I guess this is another one of those sectioons of the Word of God you get to ignore because you have decided it doesn't apply to you.

We all get frustrated, we all have differetn doubts (thanks to us focusing on ourselves and letting the wicked one hammer us) and may even want to throw in the towel but look real close at the following verses if you will:

Phil 1:6  Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

God will compete the work regardless of our lack of faith after salvation.  He knows in our state down here we are a wreck at best that is why He has to do the work for us.  Wink

But it doesn't say what that work is.  Yes God will complete the work He starts in us but He didn't start our response (our acceptance of the gift) we did and we have to finish it.

Phil 2:12  Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Phil 2:13  For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Look at vs. 13 - God will do the work in you according to his good pleasure not ours.  Smiley

So when He tells us to work out our salvation with fear and trembling He really means He has to work out our salvation with fear and trembling?  Nonsense, God doesn't fear or tremble and you are just twisting the grammar of that verse.

You say your faith gets weak then look at this great verse:

Gal 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

According to the above verse - whose faith do you live by - yours or Christ's?  Why Christ's of course -what a blessing!  We don't even live by our faith but His.

And of course you know what is wrong with this interpretation.  The word of in the faith "of" the Son of God, was added by the translators.  It doesn't exist in the Greek and modern translators use the word in to complete the grammar.  It is our faith in Him not His faith in Himself that is a proper acceptance of the gift.  If it was His faith in Himself then all of us would be saved.  The fact that even one person remains unsaved shows your doctrine to be flawed.

Matt 5:11  Blessed are ye when they shall revile you, and persecute you, and speak all that is evil against you, untruly, for my sake:
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2004, 09:00:48 AM »

One More Time...

Amen Brother,

AMEN!!!!!!

Brother Love

<Smiley))><

"TO MAKE ALL MEN SEE"
    (Ephesians 3:9)

<Smiley))><
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the