Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:46:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Lord's Supper.
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Can you partake of the Lord's Supper with Catholics?
Yes - 4 (28.6%)
No - 10 (71.4%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Lord's Supper.  (Read 8903 times)
tony350

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2004, 09:43:05 PM »

There are some Christians who are awake to what is going on, but there are many Christians today who believe everything is just fine. Everyone loves everybody else. The Christians, Mormons, Jews, Jehovah's Witnesses, Moslems are all serving the same God, but in different ways.
Reba
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 09:51:30 PM »

I just couldn't .
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 10:20:39 PM »

Of course you can. Christian is Christian. Fairly tales about idol worship and the like don’t change the truth.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2004, 10:38:35 PM »

There are some Christians who are awake to what is going on, but there are many Christians today who believe everything is just fine. Everyone loves everybody else. The Christians, Mormons, Jews, Jehovah's Witnesses, Moslems are all serving the same God, but in different ways.
No, because I would only get the symbol that represents His body. The Lord's supper also had a symbol to remember Christ's shed blood and in Roman catholicism only the priest gets to partake of that emblem.
Whereas the Bible says Christ told the apostles to partake of both and there was no special partaking of one emblem by any one person. Therefore the catholic pattern for communion is not according to the word of the Bible. Therefore not according to God. It has been somewhat adulterated by uninspired men over the centuries.

Ollie

Support your local Christian.
tony350

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 11:16:21 PM »

The Roman Catholic Institution in their Canon laws state:

" If any one shall deny that the body and blood, together with the soul and divinity of our Lord Jesus Christ, and therefore entire Christ, are truly, really, and substantially contained in the sacrament of the most Holy Eucharist; and shall say that He is only in it as a sign, or in a figure, let him be accursed."

That's when the priest walks out holding up the cookie in the monstrance, which looks like a sunburst, and people come up and kiss it and adore it. And if any Protestant would say,

" hey, that's idolatry," that Protestant is to be accursed.

Now to sum this up, the Roman Catholic Institution teaches that you must believe that the bread, or host, consecrated in the mass actually becomes Jesus Christ and it is to be worshipped as God Almighty.

It holds firm, just as strong today, as it did in the time of the Middle Ages, that anyone who ridicules it, or says that it only represents Christ, is damned. The Vatican II Council re-affirmed this. Pope John XXIII said, " I do accept entirely all that has been decided and declared at the Council of Trent."

That Canon law is in effect today!
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2004, 11:40:31 PM »

Um... but you forgot to add that this is how the early church felt about it, too. Roll Eyes

As for the monstrance, well, that is seperate from the Lord's Supper.

tony350

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2004, 11:45:41 PM »

Um... but you forgot to add that this is how the early church felt about it, too. Roll Eyes

As for the monstrance, well, that is seperate from the Lord's Supper.

Nope, give me one scripture from the early Church that says that?
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2004, 12:41:16 AM »

You don't study Early Church history, do you? It is a fact, not a topic of debate.

BTW: I was referring to the belief that the lord supper should be taken serously, not the monstrance. The monstrance is about as biblical as using a computer. Roll Eyes

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2004, 01:51:27 AM »

The Roman Catholic Institution in their Canon laws state:

" If any one shall deny that the body and blood, together with the soul and divinity of our Lord Jesus Christ, and therefore entire Christ, are truly, really, and substantially contained in the sacrament of the most Holy Eucharist; and shall say that He is only in it as a sign, or in a figure, let him be accursed."

That's when the priest walks out holding up the cookie in the monstrance, which looks like a sunburst, and people come up and kiss it and adore it. And if any Protestant would say,

Umm,  RCC canon law wouldn't apply to a protestant, would it?  Canon law can only apply within a church.

Now to sum this up, the Roman Catholic Institution teaches that you must believe that the bread, or host, consecrated in the mass actually becomes Jesus Christ and
fine, up to here,
it is to be worshipped as God Almighty.
It doesn't say (AFAIK) that it must be worshiped.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2004, 01:57:01 AM »

To answer the original question:

No.  Because RCC rules don't allow me nor anyone else who isn't a member of the RCC, an Eastern-Rite Catholic church or an Othodox church to recieve.

If they did, I would.

HopeAndFaith

Defender of Jesus (and chocolate)

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2004, 03:41:30 AM »

Where in the BIBLE does it say this? I cant understand how people think that we are supposed to live by anything but what the BIBLE says. Does it say that we are supposed to live by God's words.... and canon law, the pope's words, Kenneth Copeland's words, or Captain Kangaroo's words? Nope. I don't see it in the scripture, which is Jesus- who is the Word made flesh. Perfect.

BTW, the only thing that can curse me is God Himself , and this:

The Unpardonable Sin
Mark 3:28 "Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; 29but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation"-- 30because they said, "He has an unclean spirit."

And for the 3rd time, i post these scriptures, to back up what i am saying (copied and pasted from the Passion debate):

Deuteronomy 4:2
Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish [ought] from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Proverbs 30:6
Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Revelation 22:18-19
18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

"And the burden of the LORD shall ye mention no more: for every man's  word shall be his burden; for ye have perverted the words of the living God, of the LORD  of hosts our God." (Jer 23:36

John 1.14. "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father) full of grace and truth."

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private  interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of  God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." (2 Pet 1:20-21)

"For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye  received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word  of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that  believe." (1 Th 2:13)

"I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy  lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy  name." (Psa 138:2)

"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the  word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever." (1 Pet 1:23)

"And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is  called The Word of God." (Rev 19:13)

"And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with  manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know  that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the  mouth of the LORD doth man live." (Deu 8:3)

"But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall  not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.  " (Mat 4:4)

"In God will I praise his word: in the LORD will I praise  his word." (Psa 56:10)

"As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD  is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him."  (2 Sam 22:31)

"Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy  righteous judgments endureth for ever." (Psa 119:160)

"Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth." (John 17:17)

"And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is  the word of God:" (Eph 6:17)

"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any  twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints  and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."  (Heb 4:12)

Making the word of God of none effect through  your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye."  (Mark 7:13)

"For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of  sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ." (2 Cor 2:17)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2004, 03:49:41 AM by HopeAndFaith » Logged

Romans 15:13  Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
The Crusader
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2004, 04:14:52 AM »

Quote Ambassador4Christ from the thread Antichrist Today:

Teaching that the elements of the Lord's Supper are actually transformed into the body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ is an abomination and an Antichrist

My Answer is to your question is NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tony350

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2004, 04:23:00 AM »

To those RCC members:

Have you read the RCC history?

how about on August 22, 1572 The bloody St. Bartholomew
massacre?

or

the 1641 Ireland massacre-October 23.

What about the sacrament, do you kneel before the sacrament? I didn't ask if you believed I asked do you kneel before it?
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2004, 04:37:58 AM »

To those RCC members:

massacre?

or

What about the sacrament, do you kneel before the sacrament? I didn't ask if you believed I asked do you kneel before it?
Every church more than about 50 years old has got some horror stories under it's belt.  The only reason the rest haven't is that they haven't yet had the time.   RCC has more than most because its been around longer than any (except the Orthodox) and is far, far, bigger.

tony350

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2004, 06:30:18 AM »

To those RCC members:

massacre?

or

Every church more than about 50 years old has got some horror stories under it's belt.  The only reason the rest haven't is that they haven't yet had the time.   RCC has more than most because its been around longer than any (except the Orthodox) and is far, far, bigger.

You are right every Church has some hurror stories.
But why did the RCC side with Hitler?

Hitler said:

"I am personally convinced of the great power and deep significance of Christianity, and I won't allow any other religion to be promoted. That is why I have turned away from Ludendorff and that is why I reject that book by Rosenberg. It was written by a Protestant. It is not a  party book. It was not written by him as a party man. The Protestants can be left to argue with him....As a Catholic I never feel comfortable in the Evangelical Church or its structures. That is why I will have great difficulty if I try to regulate affairs of the Protestant Churches. The evangelical people or the Protestants will in any case reject me. But you can be sure I will protect the rights and freedoms of the Churches and not let them be touched, so that you need have no fears about the future of the Church."

Hitler was also ready to discuss with the Bishop his views on the Jewish question: "As for the Jews, I am just carrying on with the same policy which the Catholic Church has adopted for fifteen hundred years, when it has regarded the Jews as dangerous and pushed them into ghettos etc, becouse it knew what the Jews were like. I don't put race above religion, but I do see the danger in the representative of this race for Church and State, and perhaps I am doing Christianity a great service."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the