Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:03:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  DOES ANYONE HERE BELIEVE IN KJV-ONLY ??
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DOES ANYONE HERE BELIEVE IN KJV-ONLY ??  (Read 2546 times)
dan p

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2018, 02:47:03 PM »

Hi to all and many  do  believe in KJV-ONLY  and that means to many , that the  KJV   bible is  also inspired and also means they believe in  DOUBLE  INSPIRATION  ?

If you do believe that the KJV-ONLYISM  , there are about 160 translations , are all  INSPIRED ??

dan p

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 01:50:57 AM »

I'll speak for myself and say no. The Holy Bible wasn't written in English, so the KJV is just an English translation. The KJV translators stated in the introduction that they used numerous older translations AND that the KJV is not inspired by God. They basically said that they did the best they could but knew there were errors in the KJV. The original 1611 version of the KJV had alternate readings in the margins. There were multiple versions of the KJV, and I'm using the 1769 version of the KJV.

I like the KJV because I grew up with it, but I also use the ancient languages, ESV, NASB, and others. I think that the ESV and the NASB are both better word for word translations of the Holy Bible. I will no longer debate this topic because it ends up in bashing good translations of the Holy Bible, including the KJV.

dan p

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 02:09:11 PM »

I'll speak for myself and say no. The Holy Bible wasn't written in English, so the KJV is just an English translation. The KJV translators stated in the introduction that they used numerous older translations AND that the KJV is not inspired by God. They basically said that they did the best they could but knew there were errors in the KJV. The original 1611 version of the KJV had alternate readings in the margins. There were multiple versions of the KJV, and I'm using the 1769 version of the KJV.

I like the KJV because I grew up with it, but I also use the ancient languages, ESV, NASB, and others. I think that the ESV and the NASB are both better word for word translations of the Holy Bible. I will no longer debate this topic because it ends up in bashing good translations of the Holy Bible, including the KJV.

Hi and I agree with you , that only the originals are inspired  , and many get up set if you used  OR  change any wor !!

In 1 Tim 1:4 the KJV uses the English words  " godly  edifying  "    BUT  the Greek word translated  " godly  edifying " is the Greek word  OIKONOMIA  which means  dispensation ! and they also  words that bare in   ITALICS   are added words in English !!

I like you grew up with the KJV  and I prefer it  !!

If you could see what they called me , an SCAMER ,  MISTIC , BIBLE CORRECTER  and  other words , all other sites would  BAN THEM   , O  WELL !!

dan p
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the