Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:16:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Abortion Poll For Christians Only
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Is abortion AGAINST the teachings of the Holy Bible?
No - 4 (5.1%)
I don't know - 0 (0%)
Maybe - 1 (1.3%)
I don't care - 0 (0%)
I think it is - 3 (3.8%)
I know it is - 70 (89.7%)
Total Voters: 66

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Abortion Poll For Christians Only  (Read 18558 times)
Len

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2006, 03:34:26 PM »

The eggs and sperm that come together to form an embryo are also creations of God.  Is destroying those murder?

While to gether, they spark life, separately they have not brought about "conception", a word God uses to define our beginning. Life begins at conception, the union of sperm and egg.

"The Lord is my portion says my soul. Therefore, I will hope in Him."
Dchristian

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2006, 05:57:52 PM »

I am new this board and debated in my heart wether or not I should chime in. My perspective is personal as I had an abortion 10 years ago. If  the law was as it was in 1963, I would have less heartache forsure. Although God has redeemed me , I have to say from my own experience that child was and still is very real to me. In the grieving process I wrote that child a letter that I carry in my bible of apology and love. Noone can convince me that that child was anything less than a human being growing inside of me and I chose out of fear to murder him/her. I pray that I can do my part in leading young girls to understand the consequences of sin , but that having a baby that wasn't planned even though hard, is the best choice. You see 3 years later I still hadn't GOT IT and was pregnant again. I had a wonderful little boy who is now 7 and 2 others that are 4 and 2. I have a wonderful relationship with the Lord and a great ministry, that doesn't take away from what I did.
Just want you all to see the personal side. Its so easy to pass judgment as Christians and to water down the truth that is so evident in scripture.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 06:04:41 PM by Dchristian » Logged
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2006, 06:39:34 PM »

Hi again Dawn. Im personally glad that you did "chime in". It is one thing for us to teach what the Bible says but it is a whole lot more for someone that has been there. I thank you for sharing that as hard as I am sure that it must have been for you to do so. I too hope and pray that others will listen to what you have to say on this and will make the right decision.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Len

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2006, 07:31:59 PM »

I am new this board and debated in my heart wether or not I should chime in. My perspective is personal as I had an abortion 10 years ago. If  the law was as it was in 1963, I would have less heartache forsure. Although God has redeemed me , I have to say from my own experience that child was and still is very real to me. In the grieving process I wrote that child a letter that I carry in my bible of apology and love. Noone can convince me that that child was anything less than a human being growing inside of me and I chose out of fear to murder him/her. I pray that I can do my part in leading young girls to understand the consequences of sin , but that having a baby that wasn't planned even though hard, is the best choice. You see 3 years later I still hadn't GOT IT and was pregnant again. I had a wonderful little boy who is now 7 and 2 others that are 4 and 2. I have a wonderful relationship with the Lord and a great ministry, that doesn't take away from what I did.
Just want you all to see the personal side. Its so easy to pass judgment as Christians and to water down the truth that is so evident in scripture.

Regardless of what may have happened or why, Jesus  is waiting with open arms for each of us who have believed in Him. His grace and mercy transcend ALL sin. The ground at the cross is level and He has forgiven the most heinous crime imanigable to man just as He has forgiven the least imaginable sin known to man.

I think the reason these posts seem so harsh is that it is important that we understand the depth at which God sees our sin. And given that our nation is on the brink of condoning abortion coast to coast brings all this to the fore. The same legislators who say we may not lie about our taxes, or on contracts, or in bank accounts, or other aspects of life is about to say we can kill the innocent. We must take a stand, as difficult and harsh as it may appear to some.

Your post seems to speak of the incredible pain you still suffer. I'm sure you would not want anyone else to experience that pain so surely you have no problem with getting these truths to those who are considering abortion.

You are to be commended for seeking God's salvation, turning around and putting your experience to working in His Kingdom. That takes huge courage and I admire someone who can do that. I'm quite sure our King is very proud of you.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2006, 07:56:24 PM »

Sister Dawn,

We all have horrible things that we have done in our pasts that would be hard to bear without forgiveness. For those of us who belong to JESUS, our sins are washed away by the precious blood that JESUS CHRIST shed on the Cross for us.

I admire your courage and your testimony. It is apparent that GOD is using you to help many others. I have heard the opposite from prominent women in our society who seemed almost proud to say that they had an abortion. They were in the political battle to continue this practice. I'm glad to know that there are voices of reason who stand to oppose them. So I'll say GOD Bless you - I will be praying for your continued ministry. THANK YOU for what you are doing.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 3:8-9 NASB  More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ, and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith,

Dchristian

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2006, 05:56:04 PM »

Thanks you for your sweet words all of you. In no way do I ever want the Glory to be on me speaking out, but only on what God forgave me for and the fact that Sin is Sin no matter what the degree. I also want to get across to Saved people that they can be seduced and if they are not wearing the full armor of God to be prepared for a an attack.Christians are just as capable of doing horrific things if not grounded in the word.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2006, 02:00:19 PM »

What this comes down to for any Christian is answering some questions.

1) What is murder? - The willful taking of anothers earthly life.  Destroying the body and releasing the soul.
2) Does an embryo have a soul? - Scientifically and secularly we cannot say.  But Biblically if God knew us in the womb and before then we must have had something of a soul.  So yes according to the Bible an embryo has a soul.
3) Does an embryo have a body? - As soon as the sperm and the egg unit they start the body.  This is the flesh.  If you argue that there is no heart or no brain or anything like that then you also would state that our soul is limited to being contained only in something that has a brain a heart or whatever else it is that you think of.   

As far as the Bible is concerned as soon as there is the creation by God in conception there is a soul in place.  No matter the form of the body the soul is present.  The Bible indicates that murder is the end of the flesh and releasing of the soul.  Thus abortion is murder.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2006, 02:58:37 PM »

AMEN BROTHER JERRY!

ALMIGHTY GOD knew the number of hairs on our heads before the foundation of the world. In short, the baby is a baby and a human being, regardless of how hard many try to deny this. The baby belongs to THE CREATOR - ALMIGHTY GOD - not the mother or the father of the child.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 139:16 NASB  Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them.

(My Note:  the eyes spoken of in the Scripture above are the eyes of ALMIGHTY GOD. The unformed substance spoken of in the Scripture above is a child in the mother's womb. If someone wishes to pay any attention to the Holy Bible, it doesn't get any more simple than this.)

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2006, 04:23:37 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I was recently informed about some twisted and ugly thinking that some people have about abortions. ALMIGHTY GOD knew all before the foundation of the world. That's a given for all Christians, and we know about GOD'S unmatched and unimagined POWER. It's sickening that some people say that GOD approves of abortion simply because HE knew about it before the foundation of the world. I thought that I had heard just about every evil argument there is for abortion to continue, but I thought wrong.

This twisted line of thinking could also be used to indicate that GOD approves of all sorts of things that HE hates. ALMIGHTY GOD does have all POWER AND MIGHT to do anything HE pleases in heaven or on earth, but not using that awesome power to stop things HE hates does NOT suggest or hint that HE approves of them.

The time will come when GOD does use HIS awesome POWER to stop the devil, defeat the devil, and lock the devil away. The SECOND COMING OF CHRIST will be with a SWORD and heavenly hosts as armies behind HIM. Blood will flow like rivers. BUT first, the earth will endure a 7 year Tribulation Period. The beast (devil) will rule over the earth from Jerusalem for the last half of the Tribulation Period. Great hosts will also die during this period of time. The reign of the beast will signal the end of GOD'S patience in dealing with evil mankind. Evil will see and feel the terrible, HOLY WRATH OF GOD.

The great and spreading evil that we see today IS NOT a hint that ALMIGHTY GOD approves of it. Those who haven't accepted JESUS CHRIST as Lord and Saviour will suffer the eternal wrath of GOD in the fires of HELL. The sins of those in JESUS have been washed away by the shed blood of JESUS CHRIST on the Cross, so there is no condemnation for those in CHRIST.

Those who hint that ALMIGHTY GOD causes or approves of abortion, alternative lifestyles, and many other abominations commit BLASPHEMY. ALMIGHTY GOD does NOT approve of the works of the devil and sin. Those who say that HE must approve of it or author it because HE has the power to stop it and doesn't are calling GOD evil. The choices of man are NOT authored or commanded by GOD simply because GOD is all powerful and the CREATOR. GOD is HOLY and does NO EVIL. There will come a time when ALMIGHTY GOD will pour out HIS righteous and HOLY WRATH on evil and it will be for eternity.

I feel sorry for those who have rejected JESUS CHRIST because I know about the fire that will be their eternal home. The time might be growing short for GOD'S Mercy and patience to mankind. If you are lost and reading this, won't you consider accepting JESUS CHRIST as your Lord and Saviour today? Tomorrow might be too late. If you want more information, many sweet Christians here and elsewhere will be happy to help you.

GOOD NEWS!

1:  Romans 3:10 NASB  as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE; THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD; ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS; THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD, THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE."

2:  Romans 3:23  NASB  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

3:  Romans 5:12  NASB  Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned--

4:  Romans 6:23  NASB  For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

5:  Romans 1:18  NASB  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

6:  Romans 3:20  NASB  because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

7:  Romans 3:27  NASB  Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith.

8:  Romans 5:8-9  NASB  But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

9:  Romans 2:4  NASB  Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?

10:  Romans 3:22  NASB  even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction;

11:  Romans 3:28  NASB  For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

12:  Romans 10:9  NASB  that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

13:  Romans 4:21  NASB  and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform.

14:  Romans 4:24 NASB  but for our sake also, to whom it will be credited, as those who believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead,

15:  Romans 5:1  NASB  Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

16:  Romans 10:10  NASB  for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

17:  Romans 10:13  NASB  for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever!

Len

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2006, 04:51:30 PM »

Amen and AMEN!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2006, 05:26:05 PM »

Amen brother it is indeed twisted and sick thinking. I too feel for those that are lost and don't even know it or refuse to acknowledge it.

If you are lost and reading this, won't you consider accepting JESUS CHRIST as your Lord and Saviour today? Tomorrow might be too late. If you want more information, many sweet Christians here and elsewhere will be happy to help you.

Please do come to Him.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Bernadette

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2007, 12:11:54 AM »

REBa, how right you are.  Amen!!

Abortion is legal killing.  Plain and simple.  There is abosultely no justification anywhere in the Bible for legal killing being ok.  All one has to do is imagine standing in front of Jesus and asking if it is ok.  Oh, can you imagine what our Lord would say?  By the way...I have a direct phone number to our Senators where you can voice your opinion....in a Christian way,, of course!

Okie

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2007, 12:41:48 AM »

The Bible says thou shall not kill. This means murder. To murder someone they have to be alive. So the question comes in as to when life begins. Someone said it was when egg and sperm come together. This isn't right. Sperm and egg are only part of the equation. Over 50% of pregnancies end in spontaneous abortion or miscarriage before Mom even knows she is pregnant. Many times a fertilized egg will enter the womb, but never attach. Are these little floaters really babies? NO! In the Bible it says life is in the blood. It also refers to breath. So life would begin when the fertilized egg attaches to the uterus wall. When that little floater gets it's first drop of blood or first molecule of oxygen, then it is alive. To do anything to remove the little guy would amount to murder. To take birth control pills or the morning after pill to keep the egg from attaching is not the same as an abortion. After an egg is fertilized, it takes several days for it to come down the tube and into the womb. The morning after pill causes it to not attach. If it was never attached, it was never alive.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2007, 10:40:21 AM »

When that little floater gets it's first drop of blood or first molecule of oxygen, then it is alive.

Many would argue your overall position based on this statement, as all human cells have a certain amount of blood and oxygen in them. It is enough to sustain them until they are able to attach and receive more.

The Bible tells us that:

Jer 1:5  Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Personally, I think the morning after pill is just another means for man to sanctify immoral behaviour.

Okie

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2007, 12:06:48 PM »

Many would argue your overall position based on this statement, as all human cells have a certain amount of blood and oxygen in them. It is enough to sustain them until they are able to attach and receive more.

The Bible tells us that:

Jer 1:5  Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Personally, I think the morning after pill is just another means for man to sanctify immoral behaviour.

So do you also believe all the little floaters that don't attach normally have souls?  I personally don't. I believe the soul comes with attachment. That is when the first blood or oxygen is delivered. There may be a trace of blood in the cells, but I believe it is the attachment that delivers life and soul.
The morning after pill may be an easy way of covering up immoral behavior for some. I don't know exactly how to think on it. I don't believe a child will be concieved if God doesn't want it to be, but in the case of rape or incest, I just don't know.  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the