Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:44:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Abortion Poll For Christians Only
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Is abortion AGAINST the teachings of the Holy Bible?
No - 4 (5.1%)
I don't know - 0 (0%)
Maybe - 1 (1.3%)
I don't care - 0 (0%)
I think it is - 3 (3.8%)
I know it is - 70 (89.7%)
Total Voters: 66

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Abortion Poll For Christians Only  (Read 18564 times)
Reba
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2004, 12:48:38 PM »

I'm adopted, the result of an "affair." The Law in 1963 protected my right to exist, thank God. My birth mother considered an illegal abortion to cover up her affair but was afraid, thank God!

Had I been conceived in 1983 instead of 1963 I would never have been born! I would have been murdered to cover up the sin of my birth mother.

Pro Abortion people basicly deny my right to life. They wish my birth mother had the right to murder me just as women have the right to murder their babies today.

How dare you deny me my right to life! The law protected my right to life then but that law is gone now.

If you support abortion, you deny the right of life to those who were saved from abortion by the law that is now gone.

You'd rather see me dead, unborn, so that my mother could have had the right to choose to murder me, and hide her affair. You may see abortion as some tissue and cells but for those of us who escaped being murdered in the womb, we become PEOPLE! I only here because the law in 63 protected me from murder.

Look me in the eye and tell me my mother should have had the right to murder me, and then DUCK!

Paul2 Angry

Paul2,  I am so glad you are here! You force me to study scripture. I was thinking of you when i was posting about the  forums  being boring if we all of 'completely like minds'. Glad your here  Smiley
Paul2
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2004, 01:58:47 PM »

I'm adopted, the result of an "affair." The Law in 1963 protected my right to exist, thank God. My birth mother considered an illegal abortion to cover up her affair but was afraid, thank God!

Had I been conceived in 1983 instead of 1963 I would never have been born! I would have been murdered to cover up the sin of my birth mother.

Pro Abortion people basicly deny my right to life. They wish my birth mother had the right to murder me just as women have the right to murder their babies today.

How dare you deny me my right to life! The law protected my right to life then but that law is gone now.

If you support abortion, you deny the right of life to those who were saved from abortion by the law that is now gone.

You'd rather see me dead, unborn, so that my mother could have had the right to choose to murder me, and hide her affair. You may see abortion as some tissue and cells but for those of us who escaped being murdered in the womb, we become PEOPLE! I only here because the law in 63 protected me from murder.

Look me in the eye and tell me my mother should have had the right to murder me, and then DUCK!

Paul2 Angry

Paul2,  I am so glad you are here! You force me to study scripture. I was thinking of you when i was posting about the  forums  being boring if we all of 'completely like minds'. Glad your here  Smiley

Reba,

Thank you for the kind words. I know we disagree about prophecy alot, and I was starting to think you didn't like me. I wouldn't blame you, you disagree with me so you see my interpretation of prophecy as incorrect and perhaps even dangerous. We do agree on most Salvation issues especially those with are in effect now at the present time. We differ on future things but where we are in time now, we agree with each other on many issues.

I attack interpretations, not the people who believe them. Its easy to assume someone who disagrees with you is therefore your enemy but that is not so. I often feel that those like you who often disagree with the interpretation I teach wish I'd shut up and go away, wish I'd never been born, consider me the enemy, the false teacher, the antichrist...

Know this, I believe what I say, I would never try to miss lead anyone. I'm taking a Huge risk and realize it by trying to teach. The more I study the more evidence I find confirming my beliefs. Instead of doubts arising, I find more answers that stengthen my beliefs.

See me as you will, but know that I truely believe this is my purpose for living, my pre-destined role for me to do. I wage war against Satan, the only way I know how, I try to rescue people from his grasp. I see the world on the brink of eternity. If someone dies, their eternal fate is then sealed. When God is done with me, I'll die, until then, I'm immortal. I can't be killed until God allows it, but I sure can suffer.

I know when I meet Jesus, face to face, I'm gonna smell like smoke. Many things in my life will burn up, Thank God for that. I may smell of smoke but I hope I also will have some crowns to place at his feet. Paul is my favorite writer, I can relate to Paul, Woe to me if I don't preach the Gospel.

God seems to use me to reach people that others can't. I have my role, pre-destined for me to do and its a gift, a priveledge. God doesn't need me, a talking rock would be far more effective and probably much easier than using me. I see it as a unmerited gift that God ALLOWS (puts up with) me the gift of helping lead someone to eternal life just as I see my son, Christian, as a gift God gave me allowing me to raise up a son for God, God gave my son his soul and allowed me to provide the flesh, thats awesome. God allowing us to be part of creation is awesome and God allowing us to be part of Salvation, which has eternal effect is beyond awesome!

I'm fighting for souls. I want everyone to be saved. When God fixes us we'll love each other. You may not like me now, but you'll just love me when Jesus gets done fixing me!

Thanks for letting me know your glad I'm alive, and can tolerate me being here. That means alot to me, more than you think.

Paul2

Reba
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2004, 03:33:53 PM »

Never once have I doubted the sincerity of your heart.

MalkyEL

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2004, 06:59:04 PM »

Psalms 139:13 For You have possessed my inward parts; You wove me in the womb of my mother.
14 I will thank You, for with awesome ways I am distinguished; Your works are marvelous, and my soul knows it very well.
15 My bones were not hidden from You when I was made in secret; when I was woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my embryo; and in Your book all my members were written the days they were formed, and not one was yet among them.

*****  That says it all  Grin   Grin   Grin

Be mindful of the prisoners, as having been bound with them; of those ill-treated, as also being in the body yourselves.  Hebrews 13:3
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2004, 08:36:22 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

There are many excellent posts here that make you think. There are also many that touch the heart with personal feelings and Scriptures from HIS HOLY WORD. Thank you all for your input, thoughts, and posts. Please forgive me if part of my post is a partial repeat of some Scriptures that have already been posted.

Generally, there is a contrast throughout the Holy Bible between the barren and that which brings forth fruit. This contrast is applied to land, Christians, the womb of a woman, and many other things in the Holy Bible.

Generally, that which is barren may be said to be desolate, without increase, without fruit, and without blessing. Generally, that which bears fruit is said to be an increase, blessed or with blessing.

Regarding the seed and fruit of the womb, who gives it and who forms it? The CREATOR of all, Almighty God, gives all and creates all. The CREATOR of all, Almighty God, forms all. Man does not know or understand the ways of God, and it is not man's place to question the ways, will, and purpose of Almighty God. Man may pray that God guides them and helps them walk within HIS WILL AND PURPOSE, but man may NOT question the will and purpose of Almighty God, THE CREATOR.

It is important for man to never forget that ONLY ALMIGHTY GOD IS THE CREATOR, certainly not man who was formed by THE CREATOR from clay. Thus, all CREATION is formed by HIM and belongs to HIM. All man needs to know is "THE CREATOR'S WAYS ARE PAST FINDING OUT."

Genesis 49:25  Even by the God of thy father, who shall help thee; and by the Almighty, who shall bless thee with blessings of heaven above, blessings of the deep that lieth under, blessings of the breasts, and of the womb:

Deuteronomy 7:13  And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee.

Genesis 30:2  And Jacob's anger was kindled against Rachel: and he said, Am I in God's stead, who hath withheld from thee the fruit of the womb?

Psalms 127:3  Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

Exodus 21:22  If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.

Ecclesiastes 11:5  As thou knowest not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child: even so thou knowest not the works of God who maketh all.

Isaiah 44:24  Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Isaiah 46:3  Hearken unto me, O house of Jacob, and all the remnant of the house of Israel, which are borne by me from the belly, which are carried from the womb:

Isaiah 49:1  Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name.

Jeremiah 1:5  Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Jeremiah 20:17  Because he slew me not from the womb; or that my mother might have been my grave, and her womb to be always great with me.

If someone is still wondering how I feel about abortion, I will make myself completely clear. The child in a mother's womb, regardless of how mature or immature, belongs to GOD and was created by GOD. The child DOES NOT belong to the mother or the dad to do with as they desire, nor does THE CREATOR give the parents choice about whether or not they wish to MURDER the creation of ALMIGHTY GOD.

Love In Christ,
Tom

« Last Edit: March 04, 2004, 02:07:58 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Reba
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2004, 08:56:57 PM »

AMEN   TOM!
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2004, 10:18:06 PM »

If someone is still wondering how I feel about abortion, I will make myself completely clear. The child in a mother's womb, regardless of how mature or immature, belongs to GOD and was created by GOD. The child DOES NOT belong to the mother or the dad to do with as they desire, nor does THE CREATOR give the parents choice about whether or not they wish to MURDER the creation of ALMIGHTY GOD.
The eggs and sperm that come together to form an embryo are also creations of God.  Is destroying those murder?

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
tony350

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2004, 12:20:56 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

This is definitely a hot topic, one that appears to have many Christians divided on what the Holy Bible either does or does not teach.

Please, this poll is about what the Holy Bible either does or does not teach on this subject. This question is not about individual rights, rather about what the Holy Bible teaches.

Please try to give a Biblical answer to this poll and quote the Scriptures as your authority. Non-Christians are specifically excluded from this poll since they don't believe in the Holy Bible.

Please, let's have a serious attempt at letting the Holy Bible speak on this topic.

Love In Christ,
Tom

First I can think of 2 now right from memory.
1. Thou shall not kill.

and in the Old Testament if a man hurt a woman who was pregnant, if the child didnt die, the man wouldnt be killed. If the man did kill the child while killing the woman then the man should be put to death. I will have to look more to see the rest. I just wanted to send a quick post.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2004, 02:15:45 AM »

Psalms 139:13 For You have possessed my inward parts; You wove me in the womb of my mother.
14 I will thank You, for with awesome ways I am distinguished; Your works are marvelous, and my soul knows it very well.
15 My bones were not hidden from You when I was made in secret; when I was woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my embryo; and in Your book all my members were written the days they were formed, and not one was yet among them.

*****  That says it all  Grin   Grin   Grin

Oklahoma Howdy to MalkyEL,

AMEN SISTER!

I don't know how I missed your post. This is a beautiful portion of Scripture. I guess that I got tunnel-vision the day I posted mine. It appears that we posted almost at the same time.

Love In Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2004, 02:28:42 AM »

Tony350 Said:

First I can think of 2 now right from memory.
1. Thou shall not kill.

and in the Old Testament if a man hurt a woman who was pregnant, if the child didnt die, the man wouldnt be killed. If the man did kill the child while killing the woman then the man should be put to death. I will have to look more to see the rest. I just wanted to send a quick post.

Oklahoma Howdy to Tony350,

First, welcome to Christians Unite.

Thanks for your input on this important Christian topic.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2006, 01:10:58 AM »

I know abortion, is against,  teachings of the Bible.

Each persons life is in the hands, of the Lord. Job 12:10: In [God's] hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind.

Isaiah and Paul addressed the majesty of God's creation, including human life: Isaiah 42:5:  ... God the LORD who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and all that comes out of it, who gives breath to its people, and life to those who walk on it.... Acts 17:25: "... because he himself [God] gives all men life and breath and everything else."

Children are a gift-- a reward-- from God to us:  Psalm 127:3: ... children are a reward from [the LORD].

The Holy Bible teaches that our Heavenly Father knows and loves each person before birth, and that He has a plan for each person's life. Of the many Scriptures addressing this issue which could be quoted here are only a few.

Psalm 139:13-16: 13For you created me in my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. 14I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 15My frame was not hidden from you when I was in that secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, 16your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Jeremiah 1:4-5: 4The word of the LORD came to me saying, 5"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart...."
Isaiah 49:1, 5a: 1... Before I was born the LORD called me.... || 5And now the LORD says-- he who formed me to be his servant....

BLAD

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2006, 08:00:12 PM »

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.  (GENESIS 1:28 - KJV)

And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth. (GENESIS 9:1 - KJV)

And the name of the second called he Ephraim: For God hath caused me to be fruitful in the land of my affliction. (GENESIS 41:52 - KJV)

See our children is our fruit, so why would we get rid of that when we are commanded to have it. And it was our choice why you or me have a child. don't we know that it is a result of what we do, if we don't want a child then abstain.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2006, 08:13:01 PM »

AMEN BLAD!

I see this is your first post, so WELCOME!

I look forward to reading your posts and having fellowship with you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 4:19-20 NASB  And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.  Now to our God and Father be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2006, 08:14:33 PM »

Amen BLAD, and welcome to Christians Unite.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
friendship bunch

hot sync

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2006, 07:12:38 PM »

Smiley  Abortion is murder.  God said DO NOT MURDER.  There for it is a sin. Cool

my first love will always be my Lord.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the