Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:43:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286766 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Animals and Pets (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Understanding Vet Medicine
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Understanding Vet Medicine  (Read 8056 times)
islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2011, 10:39:47 PM »

This topic may hit home for many of you. I have been there so many times with pets of my own and with friend's when we go to the vets office with a sick animal and after it is examined, the vet tells us what is wrong. We find ourselves nodding our heads, asking a few questions and all the while praying like crazy that the vet knows what he is talking about and knows what he is doing. Cause we sure don't. The language is sometimes beyond our scope of understand and so not wanting to look dumb we pretend we know. The other day a friend came to me and told of her trip to the vet. i could well understand the way she felt and so I did a web search trying to find somewhere, anywhere I could learn just what these terms meant. While looking at www.univetmedicine.com  I learned about why vaccine and vaccinations are so important. And about hypersensitivity in animals and how it affects them. Told me about pathology and disease occurrence in different areas of the country. Mostly I liked the tips on how to keep my pets healthy and avoid a trip to the vet.
I know I am sharing a lot lately but i hope I am not the only dumbo at the vets office.   Roll Eyes

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 05:28:33 PM »

Hello Islandboy,

Thanks for the link. I bookmarked it so I could go back for more information later. My wife and I just have two small dogs. We feel like we have a great Vet who has taken care of them since they were pups. We also feel fortunate that our Vet will explain whatever we want to, and he's taken a very proactive role in their health - including the food that we feed them. Both of them are lap dogs and we have them spoiled rotten - a little male Shih Tzu and a female Bischon Frise. I'll use the site you gave to learn more. Thanks again.

islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 05:15:32 PM »

Thanks for your post Tom. 
I was really interested in reading about the hypersensitivity section. Although, this is about animals and the fact they have allergic reactions too, the explanations helped me as well, because I am allergic to everything. From peanuts to cat hair and lots of medications. So even through this is a animal site it can work in explaining somethings to us humans as well so we can explain it to our pets.  lol

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the