Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:14:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Hear the Word of God...Rightly Divided
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hear the Word of God...Rightly Divided  (Read 19824 times)
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2004, 06:29:08 AM »

No Other Doctrine But Right Division
By Pastor John Fredericksen
Part 1

For many years a family in a northern state lived on the banks of a river. As time passed, more children were added until the total was ten, plus the mother and the father. Each year as winter approached the father would gather the children to his side and, in no uncertain terms, explain that no one was to ever go out on the ice. One Monday, three of the children decided to walk across the frozen ice as a shortcut on their way to school. Some of the older children begged them not to, and reminded them of their Dad's stern warning. "Nothing is going to happen to us. Just leave us alone. We'll be just fine." So off the three children went. Because the water was more shallow at first, the ice was quite thick. So, with a false sense of security, the three children began to run. Suddenly, the ice beneath their feet began to crack, and all three plunged into the icy water, never to be seen again. In a spiritual sense, many of God's children are doing something very similar.

When the Apostle Paul writes to Timothy at Ephesus, he says, "I besought thee...that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine" (I Tim. 1:3). What one is taught doctrinally is of the utmost importance. That's why Timothy was to be very careful himself to "hold fast the form of sound words which thou hast heard of me" (II Tim. 1:13), then "the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also" (II Tim. 2:2). If Timothy, and those teaching with him, were consistent about teaching no other doctrine other than what Paul taught, this sound doctrine would "save" (or deliver, I Tim. 4:16) all who heard it from spiritual error. But the opposite was also true. If anyone taught or exposed themselves to doctrines which were contrary to what Paul taught, it would have devastating effects. In other words, it would be like playing on thin ice.

What doctrines were so precious and important, that nothing else was to be listened to? No sermon or article can adequately articulate all of the important things that the Apostle Paul taught. However, let's take a look at a number of things that we must hold dear to our understanding, and consistently demand from the teaching of anyone that we sit under. We learn from Romans 6:14 that we are "not under the law, but under grace." The practical impact of this is that we do not try to implement portions of our Bible that were written exclusively to Israel. From Romans 11:13 we see that Paul is "the apostle of the Gentiles." Peter, James, and John wrote Scripture, but confined their ministries to the nation Israel. Their writings dealt largely with the tribulation or millennial kingdom. Only Paul claims to be, or calls himself, the apostle of the Gentiles. He further urges that we are to "be followers of me" (I Cor. 4:16; 11:1; Phil. 3:17). So, someone who is sound in doctrine will recognize Paul's letters as the exclusive "commandments of the Lord" for believers today (I Cor. 14:37).

Our apostle had no tolerance for anything other than the pure "gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20:24; Gal. 1:6-12). He demanded that it always be taught in a crystal clear manner. That meant salvation being proclaimed as a gift of God's grace, apart from man's works, and received through faith in the death, burial, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ (I Cor. 15:1-4; Eph. 2:8,9; Rom. 3:24-28). Beyond this, Paul taught that he was not sent to baptize, "lest the Cross of Christ should be made of none effect" (I Cor. 1:17). Today there is only "one baptism" (Eph. 4:5 and that is the baptism of the Holy Spirit which places us into the Body of Christ at the moment of salvation (I Cor. 12:13). Once saved, we are eternally secure, because we are "sealed" with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit "unto the day of redemption" (Eph. 4:30). Our security is not based on our performance but in the power of God. Paul also taught that miraculous signs such as "tongues" and "prophecies" have been "done away" with by the completion of Scripture (I Cor. 13:8-11). Therefore, any today who would claim special revelations from God, or miraculous powers, are deceivers. Today God uses His written Word to provide all that we need for our doctrine and daily walk.

Paul asked some of his converts "if ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward"? (Eph. 3:2). They needed to understand that the days in which we are living, and the program we are under, are different from anything at any other time in history. In the preceding chapter, he explained that "in time past" Gentiles were not a part of God's dealings. Israel was His exclusive focus of outreach, and Gentiles were rarely saved, and only then by becoming a Jewish proselyte. "But now" (Eph. 2:13) Gentiles "are made nigh by the blood of Christ." Paul summarizes the above doctrines and more, by telling Timothy that "rightly dividing the Word of truth" (II Tim. 2:15) is the only way to be approved unto God. It is not enough to teach about "Jesus," nor to teach general Biblical principles for "Christian living."

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2004, 06:30:25 AM »

No Other Doctrine But Right Division
By Pastor John Fredericksen
Part 2

Parents are very wise to refuse to allow their children to attend other churches or youth groups, where these basic Pauline doctrines are not understood or consistently taught. This may not be easy or popular, but the Scripture warns us about exposure to wrong doctrine, and tells us to avoid it. If all believers would follow this practice they would not only be obedient to Scripture, but also avoid being "tossed to and fro...with every wind of doctrine."

What happens when we listen to unsound doctrine? Three things can happen. One, we can become a spiritual "shipwreck" (I Tim. 1:19). Hymenaeus is an example. He had "swerved" and "turned aside" (I Tim. 1:6) from the sound doctrines of Paul, believing and teaching others that the resurrection had already past. Two, we can "overthrow the faith of some" (II Tim. 2:18). This happened continually to the converts of the Apostle Paul. The Galatians were so "bewitched" that they no longer understood the gospel that saved them, and they desired to go back under the Mosaic Law. The believers at Colosse, though saved, ceased to properly esteem the Lord Jesus Christ as their "Head," and began the practice of worshipping angels (Col. 2:18-19). Three, believers can "depart from the faith" (I Tim. 4:1). This certainly does NOT mean they can lose their salvation. Rather it refers to saved believers departing from the sound doctrines of the Apostle Paul, as their guide for living today. All of this could have been, and can be avoided if we will simply obey what God says about allowing no other doctrine to influence us.

In 1970, a woman by the name of Rose heard the gospel of God's grace and trusted Christ as her Savior. Soon after she was introduced to a host of dispensational literature. She was thrilled to see the difference between Israel and the Body of Christ, being under the law as opposed to being under grace. She became a well-grounded Grace believer, and even lead a cousin by the name of Maria into the Grace message. Eventually Rose began to attend a church that believed in miraculous Pentecostal signs. When her husband became ill, those in her church told her with certainty that her husband would be healed of his cancer. They knew this because they had "heard from God." Even though she had known God's Word rightly divided, exposure to such false doctrine had her so confused that she believed what they told her and became utterly dismayed when her husband died.

Maria became a well-grounded Grace believer also, through years of reading Grace literature and listening to Grace teachers on tape. She regularly listened to Christian radio. Several of the preachers on the radio, though nationally recognizable, had her utterly confused. Some taught that if you didn't live in a certain way you would lose your salvation. Maria spent months in spiritual agony, until she made the decision that she would listen to "no other doctrine" than that of grace. Only then was her peace and joy and certainty of salvation restored.

On October 31, 1983 Korean airlines flight 007 departed from Anchorage, Alaska for a direct flight to Seoul, Korea. Unknown to the crew, the computer flight navigation system contained a one-and-a-half degree routing error. At the point of departure, the mistake was unnoticeable. One hundred miles out, the deviation was still too small to be detectable. But eventually the giant 747 strayed into Soviet airspace. Soviet radar picked up the error, and fighter jets scrambled to intercept. Over mainland Russia, the jets shot down flight 007, and all on board lost their lives. This tragedy occurred because of only being a little off course to begin with. Spiritually we can come to a tragic end ourselves by swerving off the course of doctrine that is consistent with the doctrine that Paul teaches in his letters.

Some will attend other churches and think that it will not have an ill effect upon them. Surely, they think, I can benefit from grace teaching and non-grace teaching. Others will read literature, attend conferences, fellowship in social church events and otherwise generally expose themselves to errant doctrine. But the effect will be the same as it was in Paul's day. The Corinthians began to question the authority of the Apostle Paul. They became confused about the value of working for the Lord, and increasingly carnal in every way. Little by little they became willing to compromise sound doctrine and justify associations that they knew were wrong. Later they became antagonistic and hypercritical of him. The result was that Paul had to waste valuable time to confirm his ministry and sound doctrine before them. Unfortunately, some were unretrievable. In other words, some departed from the faith just like those that Paul warned Timothy about.

Paul warned Timothy in II Timothy 4:3,4 that "the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine: but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables" (a story or teaching that is untrue). In the days just before the Rapture, Grace teaching will not be popular. Even those who know it will begin to think these truths are boring. They will want something new, exciting, entertaining, something that will draw crowds. They will want to soft pedal Grace truth, and have itching ears for other doctrines. Many will abandon a church that stands for sound Pauline doctrine to attend other "ministries" less worthy of their loyalty. I wonder if one of the arguments won't be that what they are doing makes them feel closer to God. In Grace circles we are continually hearing this explanation from those who are listening to doctrines that are not compatible with what Paul teaches. Recently, one ministerial student, one college student, and one older mature gentleman commented that attending a non-grace church made them feel like they were really worshipping God for the first time. The real issue is how does God feel about what doctrine they are now standing for and with? Now we are reminded of the Scripture that tells us "unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required" (Luke 12:48). Those of us who have been privileged to understand God's Word rightly divided must stand true to what is true, and to allow our emotions to soar with the joy of doing what is right.

Early in aviation history, pilots had to learn the lesson of inertia. When flying through clouds or fog which prevented them from seeing the horizon, they could not feel the plane's wings beginning to bank right or left. Initially pilots followed the myth of instinct: They believed they could feel the turn of their plane, and many banked unknowingly into a spiral dive that ended in a crash. Pilot William Langewieshe writes, "instinct is worse than useless in the clouds." The only way for pilots to fly through the clouds is to rely on instruments like the artificial horizon gauge. This is a gyroscoped line that stays level with the earth's surface and unerringly indicates when the wings bank left or right. In the early days of this instrument, the biggest problem fliers had was relying on their feelings instead of this instrument. When it comes to spiritual matters, our feelings, experiences, or what is most popular is not a reliable guide for us to follow. Today God uses the instrument of His Word. It is unerring, if we are willing to rightly divide it and accept "no other doctrine" than what is taught by the inspired writings of the Apostle Paul. Stand true to Paul's doctrines of grace.

Posted By Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
InHimITrust

Jesus is Lord

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2004, 11:58:26 AM »

Amen Brothers!

I've been thinking about this often. One can talk about the basic principles of Bible Study and even try to spoon-feed someone for a time. However, there comes a time where nothing can replace a person's individual effort and study on their own.

I like the Biblical description of the babe in Christ drinking the spiritual milk of HIS WORD and the maturing Christian growing up in HIS WORD, finally progressing to the meat of HIS WORD. I give thanks for the patience of many to feed HIS flock.

The student must eventually do large amounts of individual study on their own and not depend upon every sip or bite being raised to their lips by the teacher. Here is where the joy becomes more full and the Holy Spirit becomes a guide and teacher. There is a secret here to be discovered by the student. There are always willing teachers when there is an eager and willing student to put forth some effort of his or her own.

Love In Christ,
Tom

I agree 100%. I first read the bible thru last May when God entered my life, and that is the first book I had read in over 10 yrs. I never stop reading it, as it is a "living" book and more is revealed by God thru His spirit everytime I read it.
  I read it as a completed book, from Genesis to Revelation, and it appears that the Garden of Eden might symbolically be where Jerusalem was.
   I noticed "earth" was use hundreds of times and just seemed that the bible was always centered on Jerusalem specifically and Israel generally. I used a lexicon numerous times and usually 6 different translations to help me my study. The Bible is truly the most devinely written, God inspired book in the world, which I call God's diary, and is the only book I ever read.
     Praise God the Father and Jesus Christ His Son!!!!

Galatian 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Romans 13:10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love [is] the fulfillment of the law.
InHimITrust

Jesus is Lord

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2004, 11:12:42 PM »

Amen Brothers!

I've been thinking about this often. One can talk about the basic principles of Bible Study and even try to spoon-feed someone for a time. However, there comes a time where nothing can replace a person's individual effort and study on their own.

I like the Biblical description of the babe in Christ drinking the spiritual milk of HIS WORD and the maturing Christian growing up in HIS WORD, finally progressing to the meat of HIS WORD. I give thanks for the patience of many to feed HIS flock.

The student must eventually do large amounts of individual study on their own and not depend upon every sip or bite being raised to their lips by the teacher. Here is where the joy becomes more full and the Holy Spirit becomes a guide and teacher. There is a secret here to be discovered by the student. There are always willing teachers when there is an eager and willing student to put forth some effort of his or her own.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Excellent post Tom[Blackeyepea] I couldn't agree more on that myself!!!!. A person truly in the spirit of God will want more wisdom and knowledge of the Father who created us, and the bible is the only place to get it. But it must be read everyday, and if possible, a whole book of the bible in one sitting to really get the full message of it. I can't go one day without reading chapters out of the bible, but I will usually read all of Paul's epistles at one sitting or a whole gosple at one sitting. Each time I read, more and more of it comes alive for me and every word written is a feast for my eyes and soul. Always say a prayer asking God to guide you with His book, and believe me, He will answer it!!! The bible is the only book in the world to me now and am even doing my own translation of it to more learn it, using 6 translations and lexicons, and it is a lot of fun and a joy for me. No better hobby in the world Wink

Galatian 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Romans 13:10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love [is] the fulfillment of the law.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2004, 05:01:28 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to InHimITrust,

THanks.

I'm retired and disabled, so I get to study the Bible all I want. I have a large assortment of books and materials, but my favorite is e-Sword Bible software. It has a huge assortment of translations, dictionaries, commentaries, topic notes, maps, and other numerous study aids (AND IT'S FREE). I have a few add-ons that I wanted and paid for, but it is amazing FREE. You can point and click to all of the resources on one page and switch back and forth while you are studying. One of my favorite features is being able to set the fonts at whatever size you want.

Take a look:

http://www.e-sword.net/

Love In Christ,
Tom

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2004, 04:29:44 AM »

GOD’S WORD TO US

In charging Timothy to "preach the Word," the Apostle does not mean, as some have suppos-ed, that the pastor should draw his sermon material equally from all parts of the Bible. True, "all Scripture" is given so that the "man of God" may be fully equipped for his ministry. But in this same letter the Apostle Paul indicates that the Scriptures must be "rightly divided" (II Tim. 2:15) and that his own God-given message is the Word of God in particular for the present dispen-sation of grace (See II Tim. 1:7-14; 2:7-9). Thus the Apostle declares by inspiration that believers are established by "my gospel and the preach-ing of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery" (Rom. 16:25).

How often the Apostle insists that his message is the Word of God! To the Thessalonian believers he writes with joy:

"For this cause also thank we God without ceas-ing, because, when ye received the Word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the Word of God..." (I Thes. 2:13).

Thus the Apostle writes to Timothy, in this his last letter:  

"Hold fast the form of sound words which thou hast heard of me..." (II Tim. 1:13).

"And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men..." (2:2).

"Remember that Jesus Christ, of the seed of David, was raised from the dead according to my gospel" (2:Cool.

The charge to "preach the Word," therefore, refers to "all Scripture" in general, but to Paul’s God-given message in particular. This is obvious, for it is in urging Timothy to faithfully carry on in his place that the Apostle charges him to "preach the Word."

By C. R. Stam

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
His Messenger

Will you spend eternity with God?

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2004, 03:36:30 PM »

There is an important key to Sacred Scripture on how to study the Word of God. Without adhering to this great principle, the Word of God cannot be understood. The result would be confusion. The witness of this confusion is the many different denominations today who do not adhere to God's instructions on how to view and study the Scriptures.

2Timothy 2:15 - "Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of truth."

This verse plainly teaches that:
  1.  Our one great study is to seek God's approval, and not man's.
  2.  We are to show diligence in pursuing this study.
  3.  As workmen, our aim is to have no cause to be ashamed of our work
  4.  In order to gain God's approval and avert our own shame, we must rightly divide the word of truth.
  5.  To do this we must direct our studies in the right way.
  6.  The great requirement is associated with the Word in its
       special character as being the Word of truth (i.e.) the TRUE Word.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

We shall not get the truth if we do not rightly divide.
  We shall only get the truth only in proportion to our "rightly dividing"it.

Unless we do this, we can't grow in knowledge or grace. We will ever be learning, but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. (2 Peter 3:18)

One example (and there are many) of this is the difference between law and grace. To read in this age of grace and believe that the Gentiles are under the laws and covenants of the Jews is to disbelieve all that pertains to grace apart from the law. For it was to the Jews that the convenants, laws, and ordinances were given. (Rom.9:4) But now, in this age of grace, both Jews and Gentiles today have been given complete grace, apart from the law.  The nation of Israel, is in abeyance, because of unbelief (Acts 28:25-28) but, they will continue to fullfill all that pertains to the Kingdom and the laws of the Kingdom at some future time. Right now, the believer is to be established in present truth, or the result will be much error and confusion.

Paul through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit tells both Jews and Gentiles today - Eph 2:8.9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
  Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of   commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain   one new man, so making peace;
  Eph 2:16,17,18 - And that he might reconcile both unto God (Jew and Gentile) in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the    Father.

For when we were yet without strength, in due time CHRIST DIED FOR THE UNGODLY"
(Romans 5:6).

"And you, being dead in your sins... hath He quickened together with him, HAVING FORGIVEN YOU ALL TRESPASSES"
(Colossians 2:13).

Will you spend eternity with God?
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2004, 05:42:27 AM »

2Timothy 2:15 - "Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of truth."

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Berean_

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2004, 02:17:37 AM »

This is your invitation to    
Hear the Word of God...Rightly Divided    

To Hear    

"So then faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God"    

Romans 10:17    

"In Whom (Christ) ye also trusted, having heard the Word of Truth..."    
Ephesians 1:13    

The Word Of God    

"For the Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two - edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner (critic) of the thoughts and intents of the heart"    

Hebrews 4:12    

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God (God breathed) and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect (complete) thoroughly furnished unto all good works"    

2 Timothy 3:16, 17    

Rightly Divided    

"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth"    

2 Timothy 2:15    

God's Message for This Age Teaches    

1. The total depravity of man - "There is none righteous, no not one." "For all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God"    

Romans 3:10, 23    

2. The all - sufficiency of the work of Christ on the cross - "For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died "FOR" the ungodly." "But God commendeth His love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died "FOR" us." Much more then, having been justified by His Blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him"    

Romans 5: 6, 8, 9    

"For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus; Who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testifiedi n due time"    

1 Timothy 2:5, 6    

"For He hath made Him (Christ) to be sin for us, Who knew no sin, that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him"    

2 Corinthians 5:21                                                                                              

3. The simple means of salvation - "For by Grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works lest any man should boast"    

Ephesians 2:8, 9    

"Therefore, being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ"    

Romans 5:1    

My sole purpose, is to help others fully understand the Gospel of the Grace of God (Acts 20:24). And as the Apostle Paul, my goal is that many might attain "unto all the riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the full knowledge of the mystery of God" (Colossians 2:1) And I hope to give clear teachings on all the following:    

1. The distinctiveness of the revelation given by the Glorified Lord to the Apostle Paul for this age.......................................GALATIANS 1:11, 12    
a. Called the Gospel of the Grace of God..............ACTS 20:24    
b. Hidden in other ages, called the Mystery or secret....EPHESIANS 3:1 - 9    
c. Completes the Word of God...............................COLOSSIANS 1:24 - 26    

2. The oneness of all true believers in Jesus Christ.    
a.  There is one body................................................ROMANS 12:4, 5    
b.  Baptized into Christ by the Holy Spirit.................1 CORINTHIANS 12:13    
c.  The seven - fold unity (oneness) of the Spirit.......EPHESIANS 4:3 - 6        

3. The perfect standing of every true believer in Jesus Christ.    
a.  Accepted in Christ................................................EPHESIANS 1:6    
b.  Seated in the Heavenlies.....................................EPHESIANS 2:6    
c.  Complete in Christ................................................COLOSSIANS 2:9, 10  

4. The joyful responsibilities of every true believer in Jesus Christ.    
a.  To God:    
    ...to glorify Him..................................................1 CORINTHIANS 6:19, 20    
    ...to be a faithful steward...................................1 CORINTHIANS 4:1, 2    
    ...to proclaim God's message...2 CORINTHIANS 5:19, 20; EPHESIANS 3:9    

b.  To one another:    
    ...to love the brethren.........................................................ROMANS 12:10;    

EPHESIANS 4:32, COLOSSIANS 3:12 - 14    

...to serve the brethren...................................................GALATIANS 5:13    

c.  To the world:    
    ...to manifest the love of Christ....................................ROMANS 12:17-21    
    ...to proclaim the Gospel of the Grace of God................ROMANS 3:24, 25;    

1 CORINTHIANS 15:3, 4      

Posted By Ambassador4Christ on another thread.
Re-Posted By The Crusader

Amen! I beleive this also....
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2004, 06:46:51 PM »

This is your invitation to    
Hear the Word of God...Rightly Divided    

To Hear    

"So then faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God"    

Romans 10:17    

"In Whom (Christ) ye also trusted, having heard the Word of Truth..."    
Ephesians 1:13    

The Word Of God    

"For the Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two - edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner (critic) of the thoughts and intents of the heart"    

Hebrews 4:12    

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God (God breathed) and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect (complete) thoroughly furnished unto all good works"    

2 Timothy 3:16, 17    

Rightly Divided    

"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth"    

2 Timothy 2:15    

God's Message for This Age Teaches    

1. The total depravity of man - "There is none righteous, no not one." "For all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God"    

Romans 3:10, 23    

2. The all - sufficiency of the work of Christ on the cross - "For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died "FOR" the ungodly." "But God commendeth His love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died "FOR" us." Much more then, having been justified by His Blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him"    

Romans 5: 6, 8, 9    

"For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus; Who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testifiedi n due time"    

1 Timothy 2:5, 6    

"For He hath made Him (Christ) to be sin for us, Who knew no sin, that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him"    

2 Corinthians 5:21                                                                                              

3. The simple means of salvation - "For by Grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works lest any man should boast"    

Ephesians 2:8, 9    

"Therefore, being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ"    

Romans 5:1    

My sole purpose, is to help others fully understand the Gospel of the Grace of God (Acts 20:24). And as the Apostle Paul, my goal is that many might attain "unto all the riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the full knowledge of the mystery of God" (Colossians 2:1) And I hope to give clear teachings on all the following:    

1. The distinctiveness of the revelation given by the Glorified Lord to the Apostle Paul for this age.......................................GALATIANS 1:11, 12    
a. Called the Gospel of the Grace of God..............ACTS 20:24    
b. Hidden in other ages, called the Mystery or secret....EPHESIANS 3:1 - 9    
c. Completes the Word of God...............................COLOSSIANS 1:24 - 26    

2. The oneness of all true believers in Jesus Christ.    
a.  There is one body................................................ROMANS 12:4, 5    
b.  Baptized into Christ by the Holy Spirit.................1 CORINTHIANS 12:13    
c.  The seven - fold unity (oneness) of the Spirit.......EPHESIANS 4:3 - 6        

3. The perfect standing of every true believer in Jesus Christ.    
a.  Accepted in Christ................................................EPHESIANS 1:6    
b.  Seated in the Heavenlies.....................................EPHESIANS 2:6    
c.  Complete in Christ................................................COLOSSIANS 2:9, 10  

4. The joyful responsibilities of every true believer in Jesus Christ.    
a.  To God:    
    ...to glorify Him..................................................1 CORINTHIANS 6:19, 20    
    ...to be a faithful steward...................................1 CORINTHIANS 4:1, 2    
    ...to proclaim God's message...2 CORINTHIANS 5:19, 20; EPHESIANS 3:9    

b.  To one another:    
    ...to love the brethren.........................................................ROMANS 12:10;    

EPHESIANS 4:32, COLOSSIANS 3:12 - 14    

...to serve the brethren...................................................GALATIANS 5:13    

c.  To the world:    
    ...to manifest the love of Christ....................................ROMANS 12:17-21    
    ...to proclaim the Gospel of the Grace of God................ROMANS 3:24, 25;    

1 CORINTHIANS 15:3, 4      

Posted By Ambassador4Christ on another thread.
Re-Posted By The Crusader

Amen! I beleive this also....

That makes two of us Bro Smiley

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2004, 10:21:02 AM »

1)  Salvation is only through the shed blood of Jesus Christ.

2)  Salvation is available to all men.  No one is predestinated to be saved or lost.

3)  We are saved by grace without works.

4)  The keys to understanding the scriptures are "rightly dividing the word of truth" according to 2 Timothy 2:15, and comparing scripture with scripture.

5)  The church which is the Body of Christ was not founded in Acts 2.  

6)  Water baptism has no place today for the Body of Christ.

7)  Paul is the apostle to the Gentiles and the doctrine for the Body of Christ is found in his writings (Romans thru Philemon).

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2004, 05:29:43 AM »

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2004, 07:24:42 AM »

Have you ever received someone else's mail on accident?
How embarrassed we are after we realize we are reading mail that belongs to another person. The word of God is like mail too.

Some of it was written to us "Gentiles" while some of it was written to "Israel".

It is no wonder that people become confused when trying to follow directions that belong to someone else.

Paul says: 2 Tim 2:15 Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

When we "rightly divide the word of truth" we give to Israel what belongs to Israel and we give to the body of Christ what belongs to the body of Christ.

Israel could no more follow God's plans designed for this present dispensation of the grace of God than we could keep the Law of Moses.

We get our mail from Paul today. For it is in the Pauline epistles alone that you find the doctrine, duty and destiny of the church the body of Christ.

<Smiley))><
Tim Vaughan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2004, 11:59:17 AM »

Tom, that e-Sword looks great, are you sure it is safe to download? Have you downloaded it to your hard drive?

Thanks
Tim Vaughan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2004, 12:03:35 PM »

When you see the word "Rightly Divided" in relationship to Biblical interpretation, it is a red flag warning for the Dispensational heresy. The Scofield Reference Bible is the best known proponant of this dangerous teaching. Someone wrote a song about it to the tune of "My hope is built on nothing less"

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Scofield's notes and reference
I dare not trust this Thompson's Chain
But whole lean on Scfield's fame

refrain

He taught me to divide the truth
By reading James and chucking Ruth
He lets me choose which laws are right
And I admit that's mighty nice

There are a few other verses.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the