Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:55:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Hi everyone!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hi everyone!  (Read 2336 times)
Erika

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2011, 06:08:55 PM »

Hi everyone! My name is Erika, I am 21 year old university student and from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

I've only been a Christian for a little over 6 months. I grew up in a Lutheran house and attended Church until I was 10 or 11. But even then I did not really understand how truly amazing Jesus was. Unfortunately, I lost my way from the Church and God thanks to some poor "friends".

Before finding Jesus, I was just a lost person who did not care about life much. I didn't know what to do, and then Jesus found me. I was sitting in my medieval history class and we were discussing the history of the early Christian church. I just felt a pull from somewhere, and I went home that night and grabbed a Bible and just started reading. I read most of the Gospel of Matthew that night and was just amazed! I started praying for God to guide and so I could go to Church.

Literally two days later, completely out of the blue, my Mum told me she also wanted to attend Church. I had not mentioned anything to her. My mouth dropped. My prayer had been answered. It was the most amazing feeling ever.

I have been going to Church since October. My Mum and I felt that the Lutheran Church was no longer filling our spiritual needs and after a lot of research and looking we found a great Mennonite Brethren church, which I absolutely love. I have never been happier in my life!

I'm very glad to be here and have the opportunity to chat with you all. See you around!!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 06:23:57 PM »

Hello Erika,

WELCOME!

I really enjoyed reading your first post, and I'm always happy to hear about anyone accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour. CONGRATULATIONS! on the most important decision of your life. God will enrich your life in more ways than you can imagine, and it just gets better from here.

I sincerely hope that you enjoy Christians Unite, and I look forward to having fellowship with you.

Edited to Add:  I'm retired and live in Oklahoma. I'm also a pretty good grandpa from what I've been told.

Love In Christ,
Tom

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 06:32:46 PM »

Hi Erika!  Welcome to Christians Unite!  I too am always glad to hear about people coming to Christ!  We are rejoicing with you!  So glad to hear about your mom too!  Very cool!  Invite her to join us here also.  We have something for every age group!

Come often and I hope you enjoy the articles and fellowship.

Blessings,

Yvette

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 07:48:51 PM »

Hello Erika. Welcome to the forum. I echo the others comments especially about rejoicing with you. Hope to see many more posts from you.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the