Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:43:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Is the mark of the Beast forgivable?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is the mark of the Beast forgivable?  (Read 11880 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2011, 01:43:13 PM »

As far as your three verses from Mark Chp 3..........you have to read the whole chapter to understand the context. 

It starts out with Jesus healing on the Sabbath.  The Pharisees then "went out and immediately plotted with the Herodians against Him, how they might destroy him."  (verse 6)

The Pharisees and Scribes believed that you had to work your way to God.... and that they were righteous.  They rejected Christ and His message of grace........and would not follow Him. 

Later on in verse 20 a great multitude is gathered around Jesus.  But here is the reaction of some others:

"Fut when His own people heard about this (people from his home town), they went out to lay hold of Him, for they said  'He is out of his mind.'

"And the scribes who came down from Jerusalem said, 'He has Beelzebub,' and 'By the ruler of the demons He cast out demons.'"  (verse 22)

Hence..........as in other places in Scripture.........the Scribes and Pharisees accused Jesus of being possessed by a demon.........and getting his power from Satan.

Jesus.........God in the flesh...........being accused of having a demon inside Him.

This is blasphemy..........accusing God of being energized by satan........or being possessed by a demon.

The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are all One........One God manifested simultaneously in three personages. 

If you are blaspheming against God........you are blaspheming against the Holy Spirit......against the Father......against the Son.    They are all One.......and part of the same. 

Accusing God who is standing before you of being of being possessed by evil.........is blasphemy.  You are rejecting Christ (God).........your sins will not be made white as you are rejecting His free gift.  You refuse to follow Him. 

The verse that you stated can be re-phrased..........as Christ and the Holy Spirit are One and the same......being God...........One God interconnected as the Father, Son, and the Spirit. 

"........but he who blasphemes (and therefore rejects) Christ never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation."

Amen!

precepts

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2011, 06:54:29 PM »

I can only lead a horse to water,  but I can't make him drink! The facts are the facts, and if they're not accepted, what can I do.  He who have ears to hear, will hear; and he who have eyes to see, will see!  Grin

Gen 30:33 So shall my righteousness answer for me in time to come, when it shall come for my hire before thy face: every one that [is] not speckled and spotted among the goats, and brown among the sheep, that shall be counted stolen with me.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2011, 10:31:00 PM »

I would much rather be led by the Holy Spirit than by a man and to drink of the waters that Jesus offers to us than the bitters from men.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
david749

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2011, 11:27:38 PM »

"Behold, the day of the Lord is coming, and your spoil will be divided in your midst.  For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem;  the city shall be taken, the house rifled, the the women ravished.  Half of the city shall go into captivity, but the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city. 

Then the Lord will go forth and fight against those nations, as He fights in the day of battle.  And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which faces Jerusalem on the east.  And the Mount of Llives shall be split in two, from east to west. making a very large valley;  half of the mountain shall move toward the north and half of it toward the south. 

Then you shall flee through My mountain valley, for the mountain valley shall reach to Azal.  Yes, you shall flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah.  Thus the Lord my God will come, and all the saints with You.  It shall come to pass in that day that there will be no light;  the lights will diminish.  It shall be one day which is known to the Lord---neither day nor night.  But at evening time it shall happen that it will be light.

And in that day it shall be that living waters shall flow from Jerusalem, half of them toward the eastern sea and half of them toward the western sea;  in both summer and winter it shall occur.  And the Lord shall be King over all the earth.  In that day it shall be---The Lord is one and His name one. 

All the land shall be turned into a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem.  Jerusalem shall be raised up and inhabited in her place from Benjamin's Gate to the place of the First Gate and the Corner Gate, and from the Tower of Hananeel to the king's winepresses. The people shall dwell in it;  and no longer shall there be utter destruction, but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited. 

And this shall be the plague with which the Lord will strike all the people who fought against Jerusalem:  their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet, their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets, and their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths. 

It shall come to pass in that day that a great panic from the Lord will be among them.  Everyone will seize the hand of his neighbor, and raise his hand against his neighbor's hand;  Judah also will fight at Jerusalem.  And the wealth of all the surrounding nations shall be gathered together:  gold. silver, and apparel in great abundance. 

Such also shall be the plague on the horse and the mule, on the camel and the donkey, and on all the cattle that will be in those camps.  So shall this plague be. 

And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles."   
precepts

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2011, 08:07:09 AM »

I would much rather be led by the Holy Spirit than by a man and to drink of the waters that Jesus offers to us than the bitters from men.

Unfortunately, talk is cheap, and action speaks way louder than words.  Grin

Gen 30:33 So shall my righteousness answer for me in time to come, when it shall come for my hire before thy face: every one that [is] not speckled and spotted among the goats, and brown among the sheep, that shall be counted stolen with me.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2011, 08:34:17 AM »

"Behold, the day of the Lord is coming, and your spoil will be divided in your midst.  For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem;  the city shall be taken, the house rifled, the the women ravished.  Half of the city shall go into captivity, but the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city. 

Then the Lord will go forth and fight against those nations, as He fights in the day of battle.  And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which faces Jerusalem on the east.  And the Mount of Llives shall be split in two, from east to west. making a very large valley;  half of the mountain shall move toward the north and half of it toward the south. 

Then you shall flee through My mountain valley, for the mountain valley shall reach to Azal.  Yes, you shall flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah.  Thus the Lord my God will come, and all the saints with You.  It shall come to pass in that day that there will be no light;  the lights will diminish.  It shall be one day which is known to the Lord---neither day nor night.  But at evening time it shall happen that it will be light.

And in that day it shall be that living waters shall flow from Jerusalem, half of them toward the eastern sea and half of them toward the western sea;  in both summer and winter it shall occur.  And the Lord shall be King over all the earth.  In that day it shall be---The Lord is one and His name one. 

All the land shall be turned into a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem.  Jerusalem shall be raised up and inhabited in her place from Benjamin's Gate to the place of the First Gate and the Corner Gate, and from the Tower of Hananeel to the king's winepresses. The people shall dwell in it;  and no longer shall there be utter destruction, but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited. 

And this shall be the plague with which the Lord will strike all the people who fought against Jerusalem:  their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet, their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets, and their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths. 

It shall come to pass in that day that a great panic from the Lord will be among them.  Everyone will seize the hand of his neighbor, and raise his hand against his neighbor's hand;  Judah also will fight at Jerusalem.  And the wealth of all the surrounding nations shall be gathered together:  gold. silver, and apparel in great abundance. 

Such also shall be the plague on the horse and the mule, on the camel and the donkey, and on all the cattle that will be in those camps.  So shall this plague be. 

And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles."   

I was speaking more of this one:

Jer 17:13  O LORD, the hope of Israel, all that forsake thee shall be ashamed, and they that depart from me shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken the LORD, the fountain of living waters.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Redeemed

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2011, 06:46:34 PM »

Is the mark of the Beast forgivable, and if not, does that make it the unpardonable sin against the Holy Spirit?
Sorry, I haven't seen that the question was really answered.
Doesn't Revelation say that taking the mark is not forgiveable?
The unpardonable sin was attributing the power of the Holy Spirit to Satan.
Many say this was a one-time event, and doesn't apply today.

God's precious Scriptures are of no value to those who don't believe them!
benny balerio

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2011, 07:07:19 PM »

Sorry, I haven't seen that the question was really answered.
Doesn't Revelation say that taking the mark is not forgiveable?
The unpardonable sin was attributing the power of the Holy Spirit to Satan.
Many say this was a one-time event, and doesn't apply today.

That is correct,..taking the mark is the same as denying Jesus as the Son of God....it is an unforgivable sin regardless of the excuse given in taking the mark.
Once it is taken...one's destiny is sealed.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the