Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:44:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Is the mark of the Beast forgivable?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is the mark of the Beast forgivable?  (Read 11881 times)
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2011, 09:50:43 PM »

huh?  Huh

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
precepts

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2011, 10:20:09 PM »

huh?  Huh

David james'
The unpardonable sin is rejecting Jesus.
David james 33:32
Care to post the exact verse?  Grin

Gen 30:33 So shall my righteousness answer for me in time to come, when it shall come for my hire before thy face: every one that [is] not speckled and spotted among the goats, and brown among the sheep, that shall be counted stolen with me.
david749

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2011, 11:46:05 PM »

Paul to Christians:  "For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ."

On the other hand, those who take the mark will be subject to God's wrath.......even prior to their deaths. 

"So the first went and poured out his bowl upon the earth, and a foul and loathsome sore came upon the men who had the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image."    (Rev. 16: 2)
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2011, 05:17:14 AM »

It is all over the Bible, read it.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2011, 09:13:55 AM »

David james 33:32

This is twice. This is a subject that needs to be approached with all seriousness not sarcasm nor personal attacks such as this.

Jesus' comments in Mat 12:31 were in response to the Pharisees calling the spirit by which He cast out devils as being "Beelzebub the prince of the devils." The Pharisees did reject the Holy Spirit which was presented to them as well as calling Him evil. What is the difference between that and the accepting of and worshiping of an evil spirit that calls itself God, which is what is done by those that accept the mark of the beast.

Rev 13:3  And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
Rev 13:4  And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
Rev 13:5  And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
Rev 13:6  And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
precepts

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2011, 09:38:42 AM »

Paul to Christians:  "For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ."

On the other hand, those who take the mark will be subject to God's wrath.......even prior to their deaths. 

"So the first went and poured out his bowl upon the earth, and a foul and loathsome sore came upon the men who had the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image."    (Rev. 16: 2)
Would you believe me if I told you Rev. 16:2 happened in Egypt as one of Moses' plague?

Gen 30:33 So shall my righteousness answer for me in time to come, when it shall come for my hire before thy face: every one that [is] not speckled and spotted among the goats, and brown among the sheep, that shall be counted stolen with me.
precepts

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2011, 09:52:42 AM »

This is twice. This is a subject that needs to be approached with all seriousness not sarcasm nor personal attacks such as this.

Jesus' comments in Mat 12:31 were in response to the Pharisees calling the spirit by which He cast out devils as being "Beelzebub the prince of the devils." The Pharisees did reject the Holy Spirit which was presented to them as well as calling Him evil.
There are three different accounts in Matthew, Mark, and Luke, but Mark is more to the point:
Mar 3:28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme: 
Mar 3:29   But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation: 
Mar 3:30   Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

R
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 10:01:40 AM by precepts » Logged

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2011, 09:55:47 AM »

There are three different accounts in Matthew, Mark, and Luke, but Mark is more to the point:

R

Which still is the same thing.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
precepts

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2011, 09:58:41 AM »

.  What is the difference between that and the accepting of and worshiping of an evil spirit that calls itself God, which is what is done by those that accept the mark of the beast.
There's no difference, that's the point! The "mark of the Beast" is "666," "the sixth sense", "ESP," the extra sensory perception thru a familiar spirit!

precepts

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2011, 10:07:20 AM »

Which still is the same thing.
The point being, the sin against the holy spirit is possessing a familiar spirit, which is the "mark of the Beast!" It wasn't because they accused him of possessing a familiar spirit, but because possessing a familiar spirit is unforgivable!  That's what the "mark" and "blasphemy against the Holy Spirit" have in common, and why there're both unforgivable!  Embarrassed

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2011, 11:01:47 AM »

There's no difference, that's the point! The "mark of the Beast" is "666," "the sixth sense", "ESP," the extra sensory perception thru a familiar spirit!

You will definitely get disagreement here.

The point being, the sin against the holy spirit is possessing a familiar spirit, which is the "mark of the Beast!" It wasn't because they accused him of possessing a familiar spirit, but because possessing a familiar spirit is unforgivable!  That's what the "mark" and "blasphemy against the Holy Spirit" have in common, and why there're both unforgivable!  Embarrassed

Yet we see that many that had an evil spirit cast out were forgiven. The word blasphemy means to speak evil of, utterance. It is for this reason that scripture says it is not what goes into the mouth but rather that which comes out from it that is sin.

david749

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2011, 12:44:04 PM »

Would you believe me if I told you Rev. 16:2 happened in Egypt as one of Moses' plague?

NEGATIVE

The Book of Revelations was written around 95 AD........long after the plagues of Egypt.  It was given by Christ for the Church........a glimpse into the future. 

"The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants-----things which must shortly take place...........  (Chp 1)

The verse that I quoted you in an earlier post is the First of the Seven Bowl Judgments from God.  It is found at the beginning of Chp. 16.  If you back track to Chp 15.........there is an introduction to this.  It is nothing to do with the past.......the plagues on Egypt.

Chp. 15:   "Then I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvelous:  seven angels having the seven last plagues, for in them the wrath of God is complete.  And I saw something like a sea of glass mingled with fire, and those who have THE VICTORY OVER THE BEAST, OVER HIS IMAGE AND OVER HIS MARK AND OVER THE NUMBER OF HIS NAME, standing on the sea of glass, having harps of God.

"And they sing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying:

'Great and marvelous are Your works, Lord God Almighty!  Just and true are Your ways, O King of the saints!  Who shall not fear You, O Lord, and glorify Your name?  For You alone are holy.  For all nations shall come and worship before You, For Your judgments have been manifested.'

So.........those who have had victory over the beast and the mark are seen standing in heaven singing to God.

Then shortly thereafter...........you have the First Bowl judgment.........whereby God unleashes his wrath "upon the men who had the mark of the beast and those who had worshiped his image."

This is followed up by the 2nd Bowl judgment...........whereby the sea turns to blood......and every living creature in the sea dies.    (We are not talking about the Nile River here........but all the oceans of the world)

3rd Bowl:   the rivers turn to blood

4th Bowl:   men are scorched with great heat

5th Bowl:  darkness, sores, and pain

6th Bowl:  the battle of Armageddon

7th Bowl:  the greatest earthquake ever;  the cities of the nations will fall;  every island gone;  mountains no longer found. 

Following this you have Christ returning with his heavenly army as described in Chapter 19.

"And I saw the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army.  Then the beast was captured and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image.  These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone. 

"And the rest were killed with the sword which proceeded from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse.  And all the birds were filled with their flesh."         (Rev. 19:  19-21)
david749

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2011, 01:17:53 PM »

As far as your three verses from Mark Chp 3..........you have to read the whole chapter to understand the context. 

It starts out with Jesus healing on the Sabbath.  The Pharisees then "went out and immediately plotted with the Herodians against Him, how they might destroy him."  (verse 6)

The Pharisees and Scribes believed that you had to work your way to God.... and that they were righteous.  They rejected Christ and His message of grace........and would not follow Him. 

Later on in verse 20 a great multitude is gathered around Jesus.  But here is the reaction of some others:

"Fut when His own people heard about this (people from his home town), they went out to lay hold of Him, for they said  'He is out of his mind.'

"And the scribes who came down from Jerusalem said, 'He has Beelzebub,' and 'By the ruler of the demons He cast out demons.'"  (verse 22)

Hence..........as in other places in Scripture.........the Scribes and Pharisees accused Jesus of being possessed by a demon.........and getting his power from Satan.

Jesus.........God in the flesh...........being accused of having a demon inside Him.

This is blasphemy..........accusing God of being energized by satan........or being possessed by a demon.

The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are all One........One God manifested simultaneously in three personages. 

If you are blaspheming against God........you are blaspheming against the Holy Spirit......against the Father......against the Son.    They are all One.......and part of the same. 

Accusing God who is standing before you of being of being possessed by evil.........is blasphemy.  You are rejecting Christ (God).........your sins will not be made white as you are rejecting His free gift.  You refuse to follow Him. 

The verse that you stated can be re-phrased..........as Christ and the Holy Spirit are One and the same......being God...........One God interconnected as the Father, Son, and the Spirit. 

"........but he who blasphemes (and therefore rejects) Christ never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation."
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2011, 01:39:27 PM »

NO.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2011, 01:40:53 PM »

Galatians 2:16 KJV  Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Romans 8:1-2 KJV  There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.  2  For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the