Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:08:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  ChristiansUnite and Announcements
| |-+  ChristiansUnite and Announcements (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Patriot Post Brief 1-17-2011
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Patriot Post Brief 1-17-2011  (Read 487 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2011, 03:38:02 PM »

The Foundation

"It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions." --Thomas Jefferson

Reader Comments

"I've just read your message regarding Senator Barbara Boxer's attack on your site. I hope you can take small comfort in knowing that many people unfamiliar with The Patriot Post will now become acquainted with it. Boxer's condemnation is an excellent endorsement. Nobody familiar with the outstanding work of The Patriot Post will be misled by Boxer. I will continue in my fiscal and moral support of your organization, as I trust others will." --Walter

"Patriots, your publication and products are the best. Rest assured that your staff are not alone. Any attack against The Patriot Post is an attack against me, and I am quite sure hundreds of thousands of your fans believe likewise. Keep the faith." --Shelly

"I just sent Senator Boxer a note asking for help with my business: 'I am sure that your promotion of The Patriot Shop in connection with that terrible sticker that you advertised at a televised press conference has boosted their Internet traffic and business orders 10 fold. What can I do to get one of the most powerful people in our government to advertise my business?' What was it that the Clinton machine used to say? 'All publicity is good publicity.'" --Susan

"PatriotShop.US should immediately begin a national petition drive to encourage Barbara Boxer to change her name. The extremely violent image of a blood sport being part of the name of a highly visible United States Senator could incite someone to violence. After all, she worked long and hard to attain and maintain the title of Senator1, therefore, that title should not be sullied by her violent and uncivil last name. If we can't call her 'Ma'am,' we shouldn't be forced to call her Senator Bxxxx (sorry, I just couldn't bring myself to write that violent word again). Certainly Senator2 Bxxxx would not want to be a hypocrite while doing her part to bring civil rhetoric back the the political discourse." --Peter

"Barbra Boxer thinks nothing of condoning the deaths of thousands of full-term babies by the hideous practice of partial-birth abortion. She has declared open season on them and no bag limit. Oh, and for the record, if she contacts me, please refer to me as 'Dr.' not 'Mr.' I worked hard for that title." --Henry

"If the mass murderer of Tucson had used his car to plow through the people assembled in front of Safeway, likely killing more than he accomplished with a firearm, what would they be calling the incident and him? A driving? The carman? Would all the knee-jerk attackers calling for more infringement of our rights be calling for more restrictions on drivers? Surely those restrictions would prevent a criminal from obtaining a car to commit a crime. Oh, wait ... they do that everyday all day. Guns don't kill people -- political correctness does!" --Tina

"Senator Boxer might recall that the largest U.S. mass murder (excepting the 9/11 attack), was the arson of Happy Land night club in New York City, in 1988. A drunk customer (yes, alcohol was involved), who had been thrown out of the club earlier, murdered 87 citizens by arson in a fire started with a 50 cents worth of gasoline and two matches. Last I checked, gasoline and matches are much more accessible than Glocks and high-capacity magazines." --Greg

"I am disappointed that you removed the Liberal Hunting License from PatriotShop.US. I would like to purchase them ALL and distribute them far and wide." --Colonel, USMC

Editor Reply: Let me reiterate, Boxer is serious about shutting us down. I have set aside my pride in first principles in this instance, rather than surrender all the other battlefronts on which we are now engaged. And, I hasten to add, being ever-loyal to my team, I feel a deep obligation to meet payroll for them and their families. That said, if you would commit to meeting our payroll for the foreseeable future, I will gladly put the sticker back on the site.

Liberty

"The Rodeo Clown Posse was led out of Tucson in a cloud of dust with a hay-burning frenzy by Arizona's Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik. Close in tow were hyper-boiling politicians and the usual lefty print and TV media cowboys such as Rep. James Clyburn, columnist Paul Krugman, TV antagonista Chris Matthews, and even our own Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. ... The arrest warrant, hastily drawn up by the shallow yet influential chatterers, derives from a persistent liberal theme that political adversaries should be disarmed and neutralized by eliminating their ability to speak freely in any forum in any style. ... Free speech is the currency for a marketplace of liberty, private pursuits, and economic choices; in America, it has been remarkably free from anarchy and violence. If speech is proscribed or in any way curtailed or restricted, the ballot box will no longer be the perfection of opinion. ... The Rodeo Clown Posse, having neither a persuasive idea nor an attractive wrapper to express it, would like to whip up an indiscriminate and symbolic hanging instead of recognizing that more speech, however expressed, is better than speech suppressed. The rest of us must be vigilant to keep this pernicious posse from finding a rope." --columnist Geoffrey Hunt3

Opinion in Brief

"Within 48 hours of the [Arizona] shooting, Representative Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY) promised to introduce stricter gun control legislation as soon as her staff could draw it up.... [W]e must take responsibility for our own lives -- and be prepared to defend those lives with weapons we carry for protection. ... Such is life. As long as we are on this earth, criminals will be seeking the opportunity to carry out their evil schemes. And if we respond to their schemes as Representative McCarthy wants to, by passing more and more gun control laws, we'll inevitably be disappointed to find that criminals will ignore the new laws just as easily as they ignored the old ones. In the end, such an approach will only hamper the ability of law abiding citizens to get their hands on the weapons 'most preferred' for self defense, effectively transforming more and more innocents into sitting ducks for the next Loughner whenever and wherever he decides to kill in cold blood. Our lives are our own responsibilities. We cannot entrust their protection to agents of the state, whether those agents are legislators, police officers, or federal agents." --columnist AWR Hawkins4

Re: The Left

"There are many heroes who showed indomitable courage and grace under fire during [the] horrific Tucson massacre. Blowhard Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik was not one of them. ... Sounding more like an MSNBC groupie ... than a responsible law enforcement official, Dupnik baselessly suggested that the shooting was part of a larger conspiracy and railed against 'vitriol' from limited-government activists who are stoking 'anger against elected officials.' Dupnik's mouth has done more to stoke self-inflicted ire against elected government clowns than anything the right could muster against him. Had the hyper-partisan Democrat been more in tune with his job than the media airwaves, the murderous, maniacal gunman might have been stopped. ... Decent Americans understand that he and his civilian counterparts have traveled a smear too far. Despite desperate attempts by the progressive left to pin the massacre on the 'harsh tone' of its political opponents, a vast majority of Americans reject the cynical campaign to criminalize conservatism, suppress political free speech and capitalize on violent crime for electoral gain. At the risk of being accused of inciting violence, you might say they've done gone and shot themselves in the foot." --columnist Michelle Malkin5

Editor's Note: Michelle Malkin recently wrote a piece titled "The progressive 'climate of hate:' An illustrated primer, 2000-2010," shedding light on the Left's own version of violent hate crime over the last decade. To see the long list of images demonstrating Democrats "climate of hate," click here6.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 03:39:09 PM »

The Gipper

"The principle of liberty and justice for all is one of our Nation's most fundamental goals and responsibilities. The vicious conduct of criminals against innocent, law-abiding citizens, however, continues to victimize millions of Americans each year. Our heritage of liberty and justice for all is threatened by this toll, so all of us -- government officials, the criminal justice system, opinion-makers, and members of the public -- must heed and help crime victims. ... We must always remember that the responsibility for crimes lies with those who commit them, not with the innocent victims. ... Those who so successfully attend to the needs and rights of innocent victims of crime deserve our gratitude and our assistance as they seek 'liberty and justice for all.'" --Ronald Reagan7

Insight

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." --Martin Luther King Jr.

To read more of what Martin Luther King has come to symbolize for the Left, click here8.

Political Futures

"While progressivism was born of an earnest desire to advance personal freedom, the ideology devolved into a collection of approaches that would lock people in the chains of a centrally planned society, with progressive elites withholding the keys to the locks. ... We need look no farther than our progressive-in-chief for the embodiment of the stubborn pseudo-intellectual who views himself as society's infallible guiding hand. Barack Obama wants government to 'spread the wealth' by taking wealth from high earners who spread it more broadly and deeply than government ever could. ... Obama believes that people are wasting valuable time 'pushing away challenges, looking backwards' -- presumably focusing on really dreadful stuff like wholesome values, common sense, and facts evidenced by history. Barack the magic driver says that Republicans critical of his magic bus 'can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back.' ... A hideous infestation called progressivism has uglified the White House and the Democrat Party. The tyrannous legislative and regulatory rampages that Obama and the Democrats undertook made something else clear. Until progressivism is flushed from the party, Democrats must never again be entrusted with substantial influence in government." --columnist Chuck Roger9

Faith & Family

"For Leftism ... there are no sacred texts. ... The demotion of the sacred in general and of sacred texts specifically is at the center of Leftist thinking. ... If, to cite the most obvious example, the Bible is sacred, then I have to revere it more than I revere my own feelings in assessing what is right and wrong. But for the Left, what is right and wrong is determined by every individual's feelings, not by anything above the individual. This is a major reason why the Left, since Karl Marx, has been so opposed to Judeo-Christian religion. For Judaism and Christianity, God and the Bible are above the self. Indeed, Western civilization was built on the idea that the individual and society are morally accountable to God and to the moral demands of that book. That was the view, incidentally, of every one of the Founders, including deists such as Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin. This is entirely unacceptable to the Left. ... [T]he bottom line is this: If it [the Constitution] is not regarded as sacred, it is nothing more than what anyone believes about any social issue. Which is precisely what the Left wants it to be -- providing, of course, that the 'anyone' is a liberal. For the Left, there are no sacred texts. There are only sacred (liberal) feelings." --columnist Dennis Prager10

The Last Word

"Since there are many more conservatives than liberals, and conservatives have so many guns, people often wonder why conservatives don't just round up all the liberals and ship them to Antarctica to be forced to mine for jewels and gold. Well, there is a very good reason for that: by a strict constructionist interpretation of the American Constitution, there is no support for being able to deport liberals to a mining camp. Now, if conservatives were a bit more flexible with their view of the Constitution, they would say things like, 'Well, we have to remember it's a living document, and the Founding Fathers hadn't even thought of the threat of hippies running around free when they wrote it.' And then they'd look to the Commerce Clause and say, 'Well, keeping liberals from meddling in America and forcing them do something useful like mining sure would help the economy, so it's within the government's power.' And then it'd just be a manner of scheduling all the boats to get liberals to Antarctica. But that would violate the spirit of the Constitution since, by plain English interpretations of the government's powers, we can't forcefully ship liberals to Antarctica no matter how much people may think that would help the country. And that's the point of the Constitution: people are constantly changing their ideas of what is good and bad, but the Constitution is much harder to change. It puts limits on what the government can do, and those limits can only be changed when huge majorities agree to it through the amendment process. And even after ObamaCare, there inexplicably isn't enough support for a 'Liberals Are to Be Sent to Mines in Antarctica' amendment." --humor columnist Frank J. Fleming11

(Please pray for our Armed Forces standing in harm's way around the world, and for their families -- especially families of those fallen Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Coast Guardsmen, who granted their lives in defense of American liberty.)

Links

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0CprVYsG0k
   2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIHBHYp5Woo
   3. http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/01/we_need_more_political_rhetori.html
   4. http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/the-tucson-shooting-a-reminder-to-arm-yourself/?singlepage=true
   5. http://patriotpost.us/opinion/michelle-malkin/2011/01/12/the-worst-sheriff-in-america/
   6. http://michellemalkin.com/2011/01/10/the-progressive-climate-of-hate-an-illustrated-primer-2000-2010/
   7. http://reagan2020.us/
   8. http://patriotpost.us/perspective/2011/01/17/open-thread-martin-luther-king-jr/
   9. http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/01/arrogant_and_authoritarian_bar.html
  10. http://patriotpost.us/opinion/dennis-prager/2011/01/11/for-the-left-there-are-no-sacred-texts/
  11. http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/why-liberals-hate-the-constitution/?singlepage=true

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the